Latency/Lag for EU Players? [merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Winter.3204

Winter.3204

bumping this. can some admin sticky this? it’s the most important issue right now, and has been present even before the latest patch.

Posted by: HitmanHaydon.1053

HitmanHaydon.1053

bumping this. can some admin sticky this? it’s the most important issue right now, and has been present even before the latest patch.

They can’t sticky it, as that would make it much harder to ignore and pretend its not happening.

Winter.3204

So apparently I was ranting a bit and finally got myself a reply from a staff member who actually took the time to explain WHY ArenaNet is NOT at fault, gonna share it to you, since they don’t seem to find the courage to update everyone who is seeking for help in this thread.

/*
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Pf3rC3Be9n1uW9zKjpnktqyowiLcFb6a6ayKj1OWOHM/edit?usp=sharing
*/

Posted by: fumcheg.1936

fumcheg.1936

soooo laggy

Posted by: Noble.2670

Noble.2670

So apparently I was ranting a bit and finally got myself a reply from a staff member who actually took the time to explain WHY ArenaNet is NOT at fault, gonna share it to you, since they don’t seem to find the courage to update everyone who is seeking for help in this thread.

/*
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Pf3rC3Be9n1uW9zKjpnktqyowiLcFb6a6ayKj1OWOHM/edit?usp=sharing
*/

Hmm, after reading that it still dosent explain why these issues have only occured after the patch for 90% of us, and why turning the ui off returns our fps to normal..

Stupid Seven [sM]
my vids: https://tinyurl.com/sevenddelem

Noble.2670

so i tried the fix he suggested and nothing changed at all, my ping is even down, so the software works, but no matter what my ping is, my fps is still 5fps, only does my fps change when i hide the ui..so it is obviously anets fault and not the middle man like they keep trying to blame

Stupid Seven [sM]

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

Hmm, after reading that it still dosent explain why these issues have only occured after the patch for 90% of us, and why turning the ui off returns our fps to normal..

This thread is about network lag, not fps drop. Two completely different issues.

Posted by: cali.1496

cali.1496

game unplayable after patch, whenever a fight starts in wvw (20v20s) game freezes everyone walks straight and start porting around cant use skills either.

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

/*
*/

I just read the explanation and it actually makes a lot of sense.
Did anyone test the VPNs? Which one should I use?

I’m playing from spain

Noble.2670

/*
*/

I’m playing from spain

i have tested the vpns, and it changed nothing for me, my ping did go down aswell, but my fps remained the same, it isnt a connection issue, its a issue on there side, that has been proven numerous times, but if you would like to try one, id suggest the WTFast one

Stupid Seven [sM]

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

/*
*/

I’m playing from spain

i have tested the vpns, and it changed nothing for me, my ping did go down aswell, but my fps remained the same, it isnt a connection issue, its a issue on there side, that has been proven numerous times, but if you would like to try one, id suggest the WTFast one

FPS is not my problem, latency is.

Winter.3204

I’m using CyberGhost 5 which is actually a paid version, but in exchange it works.

Posted by: Pudi.8651

Pudi.8651

@Marcos,

I can recommend WTFast. The free trailversion is sufficient.
Tip: When you login with WTFast, select the server manually.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Which VPN server works for you is entirely dependent on your location and its location. What works for someone else is not guaranteed to work for you, unless they’re your neighbor and with the same ISP. Use the tracert command to see your default route, then do it again through a VPN to see if it has changed. Your goal is to reroute your connection around the problem. Worst case, your ISP is directly connected to the problem and no matter what VPN you try, you would always be routed through that one bad hop. Your only option in that case is to find a new ISP on a different network.

Posted by: videll.9531

videll.9531

Where: NA, Nashville TN

When: Since the 3/17 update

Server: Devona’s Rest, I play in the evenings (central time zone)

What you see: Before 3/17, my fps was around 30-40 (sometimes more, depending on where I am). Now, my fps is reduced by half to 18-21 just about anywhere in the game and constantly …and I’m using the Best Performance graphics setting. The only time I don’t lag is while watching a vista cinematic. Fortunately, I haven’t dc’d because of all this yet. I’m staying away from large crowds whenever possible.

Azeena Videll
officer of Unified Heroes of Tyria [UHoT]
Devona’s Rest server

(edited by videll.9531)

Posted by: daedalus.9814

daedalus.9814

When: Since launch.
Server: Sea of Sorrows
What happens:
With new ping meter we can get more accurate reading then Resmon utility.
Ping sits are 250-350+ regardless of settings.

Posted by: Gambit.8425

Gambit.8425

I’ve shared it before and happily do it again: Turning off my modems internal router (through its setup ui) back in January removed all the lag I had been experiencing for a long time before that. Not one day of lag since then. It was shrugged of as a individual fix for my modem, but i’m certain there’s more to it since Internet in other aspects works just fine with the router turned on.

Like someone else has written earlier it seem more related to packets sent from ANETs servers than the packets us players send to them. Under “normal” lag situations I reckon we should see the affected player characters walking into walls etc. but that isn’t the case since A. we don’t see that happening and B. actions by the lagged are executed just fine on everyone elses screen around them. Then the lagged stand idling in despair until disconnected.

I’d like to see a resolute fix and explanation as much as the next guy, but until then I’d give my suggestion a try. Ask a more techsavvy person to help out if you can’t yourself. The router could also be replaced by an external device if need be, I haven’t.

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

don’t know if anyone else suggested this yet, but how about, since you are apparently unable to fix this issue for about a year now, you just THROW THE kitten SERVERS AWAY and rent proper servers at a proper provider. and maybe throw the netcode away and get a working one as well...

can’t be that hard.

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

Posted by: merostarlight.4092

merostarlight.4092

Your location:Asia,Taiwan
Time and date of incident (plus time zone):Since the 3/17 update
Game World:Dragonbrand
Brief description of what you’re seeing:Seriously LAG in the place which have many players,like TEQ.(my ping will go up to 2000+)after large crowds leave, my ping back to normal.(200-250<-this ping is normal for Taiwan players) but 2000+ really too serious.

Posted by: coldie.2910

coldie.2910

got this when i was playing pvp with ping plotter on.

Sweden.
Bredbandsbolaget.
sPvP

Attachments:

Posted by: Mr Kitten.7359

Mr Kitten.7359

its not even so much the ping for me. i dropped 28fps since patch, and I still dont have a clue why.

Its really hard to play this game on 30fps=/

[Yak] – Gandara

Posted by: cepixz.3024

cepixz.3024

As other people from Germany have said before, it’s pretty much unplayable over the last 2-3 months for me during the late afternoon and evening, stopped doing anything other than my dailies. Would be nice if this could get better before something worth playing is released.

coldie.2910

Had major lag today aswell on our WvW event, pretty much unplayable from my side.

these were the results

Attachments:

Posted by: Shinobi.3240

Shinobi.3240

Hello everybody!

Okay huge lag spikes in spvp!
Not on my side, many others got it aswell.
Got disconnected a few times and had up to 10 second delays.
Ingame screenies with ping and time attached!

Timezone: UTC+1
Game World: Desolation

Best regards!

Attachments:

Shinobi Sicarius [ Thief / Lvl: 80 / PvP Rank: 250+]
[5/8 Champion Titles – Legendary Division] [19k+ AP]
[BEER – Dungeon Riders – Desolation]

Posted by: eGn.7029

eGn.7029

Fix your kittening lag server. Every kittening patch the same bullkitten for almost 2 years +.Get gud bunch of clown kitten at Anet.

Posted by: Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

Massive lag since Friday. 1-2 seconds of delay on any action across all game modes.

Posted by: nder.1486

nder.1486

Time and date of incident (plus time zone): every day starting from 16pm GMT since patch.
Game World: Seafarer’s Rest
Brief description of what you’re seeing: packet loss, high ping (300-700) in any game mode. Didnt have any lag issues before update.

Posted by: whiteflower.9425

whiteflower.9425

Your location : Portugal

Time and date of incident (plus time zone) : Everyday (since patch) in the evening and night time. (GMT +0)

Game World: Seaferest Rest

Brief description of what you’re seeing: In the morning and afternoon its really good but when the evening comes geez.

The best way to describe is this way:
You know when you are in a Skype call and a friend starts streaming a game to you and you see him streaming but laggy? Thats how I see my game when the evening comes.

In dungeons is fine, only happens in the open world.

FPS: 11 when I used to have more than 60 (in good places more than 100).
Ping: 187 and it even goes up to 250.

This FPS and Ping are my currently stats in Queensdale.

EDIT: Using a VPN solved my problem !!! Never have I EVER had a gameplay so smooth as now

(edited by whiteflower.9425)

Posted by: Pecar.1236

Pecar.1236

after last patch game is unplayable 2-3s skill lags random dc and wvw is time wasting when got 3-4s lag before patch got ping 40-50 now have :

Attachments:

(edited by Pecar.1236)

Posted by: Fumooz.4759

Fumooz.4759

Server: Seafarer’s Rest

Trying to play Edge.

Attachments:

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

Under “normal” lag situations I reckon we should see the affected player characters walking into walls etc. but that isn’t the case since A. we don’t see that happening

You’d see that happening to me.

In WvW, when the lag is really bad, I miss staircases repeatedly, fall off cliffs, run the wrong way, fail to run through gates first time, get caught by the enemy side when I look like I should be able to avoid them (because I can’t even tell which way I’m running half the time), the list goes on…

Those players that get called “bad”, but are (strangely) only really “bad” some of the time could very well be suffering from lag/extremely low fps.

I would estimate I’m regularly only on about 1 to 3 fps in a high player activity situation, with my graphics set to either auto detect, or best performance.

It’s particularly exhausting as a ranger, in this game, as I have virtually no survivability if my signet of stone and/or heal are on cd.

As a Ranger, if I get caught by an enemy group, because I simply can’t run/dodge away quickly enough, due to not even knowing which way I’m facing, it’s pretty much all over, as you can imagine.

That’s assuming that you can even use your abilities.

Yesterday I was in a group and we were all experiencing skill lag – i.e. you hit the skill button and either nothing happens at all, or it takes several seconds to happen (or appear to happen).

I also get this issue of non-responsive skills, on top of the lag/extremely low fps, at other times; but I had never experienced it being as bad, or as universal (as far as I’m aware) as it was then.

I’m trying to be patient, I really am, but the group elements of the game are so often virtually unplayable for me on my chosen prof and I feel I can’t play dungeons without making my own group and pleading with people to let me play ranged, so it’s really not looking too good ATM.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

Posted by: Fumooz.4759

Fumooz.4759

Server: Seafarer’s Rest

Trying to play Edge.

Attachments:

Posted by: dan.3618

dan.3618

UK London.
Since game release, especially since last patch.
Desolation.
kittened off people, kittened off people everywhere.

Not sure why you need such specific information its clearly server wide the whole wvw server says the same.

Are your servers working at maximum capacity? Try to refine the code so its not so intensive on the servers.

Posted by: AnnieGYG.6842

AnnieGYG.6842

Your location: UK
Time and date of incident: The last 3 days have been unbearable
Game World: Gandara
Description: Huge skill lag in WvW, so much so I am fighting battles 1 minute and 30 behind everyone else. Huge pings exceeding 3500 whenever more than 15 enemies are in front of me in WvW.

No problems anywhere else on the internet or PvE, this problem only occurs in WvW.

At the shatterer with 200+ people ping 62, occasionally having spikes to 450 – http://prntscr.com/6lda8x

FPS and ping in WvW with small group of 20 enemies – ping 2400 spiking to 3850 – http://prntscr.com/6ldbcm

Had ping plotter running the whole time – http://prntscr.com/6ldfhj and I see Level 3 Communications yet again in there as a weak link and there’s an interesting article here – http://blog.level3.com/open-internet/observations-internet-middleman/

The bottom line is, if it isn’t our ISPs and it isn’t Anet then what do we do? The only people suffering are Anet because we won’t buy their product if we can’t play it.

Property of Gandara EU

Posted by: cali.1496

cali.1496

looking at how fast they fixed Obsidian sanctum farm once it hit reddit it would be better if you all post in there maybe they notice it and do something

Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

The lag got worse today. I had complete freezes on all actions for several seconds.

Posted by: Neophyte.7532

Neophyte.7532

time: 10 min ago
isp: BBB

about: crazy ping spikes.. about 3-4k.. totaly unplayable, no lag in spvp or other parts of the world only wvw

Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

Still lagging.

Posted by: Skythace.2345

Skythace.2345

Why is it exactly by the way that there is never any SKILL LAG in EOTM and these massive skill lags appear in EB and borderlands? Why is EOTM so much smoother with more players and so on? What’s different there? Where’s the truth?

Skythace
[TLA] Thousand Lakes Alliance
Desolation

Posted by: Morghulis.3284

Morghulis.3284

Server: Piken Square

i only play WvW and its unplayable. Pings: 250-1000. Skill lags, disconects etc.
When u do something with it? How long we have to play with these conditions?

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

GW2 event : EU every day after 16:30…lag spike begins..

coldie.2910

lag as allways on primetime… I’ll just leave this here..

Attachments:

Posted by: Damian.4016

Damian.4016

Lags today for me were insane and closer the prime time the worse in pve and in wvw

20 UK time wvw was basically unplayable when enemy blob spam their aoe I got spike for 10 sec and how thekittenlag let the enemy blob 90 pp spam their skills when my team 10 ppl cant do nothing wow just wow.

Game were also lagging yesterday and last 2 weeks, and I’m not touching gw2 until I see patch notes “lags are fixed”. And also freaking forum wasn’t working seriously!

Lag so much I sometimes think I travel back in time.

My internet is fine.

Posted by: Ezra.5049

Ezra.5049

Sweden, Stockholm
2015-04-01 around 21:00
Been getting 200+ ms and lag spikes today. Never had problem with lagg before.

Posted by: Laciel.6805

Laciel.6805

Time and date: since 20.3.2015
World: Aurora Glade
Description: It usually happens in WvW when i see some enemy players they stay on one place and suddenly they like teleport and i’m down. I have good pc and internet provider i don’t have these problem with any other games i run gw2 on max settings 60fps. Ping goes up from 40 up to 3K.

Posted by: Combi.3180

Combi.3180

Getting disconnected continouously from the game, and getting network error messages from the game.
In the meantime on the internet:
[img]http://oi58.tinypic.com/119xqu1.jpg[/img]

Posted by: Um Abbas.5693

Um Abbas.5693

Kuwait
Last week, than it fixed self, now since today’s patch again
My usual ping is 200ish from Middle East, but with these I get unresponsive lag spikes in tens of seconds to several minutes, where it’ll either kick me out of game, or get fast forwarded and work for a bit. Every few minutes.
GW2 only.
Zajil International Telecom Company W.L.L. is the provider (we do get some weird routing time to time. But this is directly related to GW2 only, as other games run fine. I actually play on 200 ping only in GW2, other games run quicker, for some odd reason.)
Game is totally unplayable most of the time.

Midget Gadget * Branch of Wood
Aurora Glade ~ Army of Forgotten Souls miniguild [AoFS]
http://umabbas.net/

Posted by: Gecko.3967

Gecko.3967

6 month later. Still lags at prime time. Guess I have to look for another MMO.

Posted by: Altahyr.9680

Altahyr.9680

From Switzerland, I never get lags or anything else.
But since the last update, my latency is terrible !
My average ping is 50-80ms… but this last days i get often more 800-5000ms during few seconds.
Anet, stop developping useless stuff and fixe your server’s problems ! I never saw a game with so much lags !

Posted by: Dudzuwpe.1084

Dudzuwpe.1084

Your location
Freiburg, Germany
Time and date of incident (plus time zone)
02.04.2015, whole day, CEST
Game World
Dzagonur [DE]
Brief description of what you’re seeing
Everything reacts way too late

It’s on every map, lags last for 5-20seconds and clear up for 1-5 seconds
Literally unplayable