Launcher

Launcher

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

the launcher didn’t let me choose where I want install the game just automatic goes to C

I have not enough space on C

and after 5 tries the launcher don’t even want start up

Launcher

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can rename gw2setup.exe to gw2.exe and place it wherever you wish to install and run the game.

Good luck.

Launcher

Posted by: SullenGrey.4152

SullenGrey.4152

But that doesn’t install the game properly into programs it just makes the game sit in another drive but not in the system

Launcher

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

But that doesn’t install the game properly into programs it just makes the game sit in another drive but not in the system

Does it matter? That’s the only difference – having it located under add/remove programs.

If you must install it properly, simply let it install to Program Files. Once the launcher begins downloading files, close it and move the Guild Wars 2 folder to a new location. You can then either use regedit to update the path or simply make a virtual link to the new location.

To create a link, open cmd.exe as an administrator and enter the following, substituting your own paths:

mklink /J "C:\Program Files\Guild Wars 2" "D:\Games\Guild Wars 2"

… where C:\… is the original location and D:\… is where you moved it to.

-

I wouldn’t count on ArenaNet fixing this anytime soon. This used to be a bug in the old launcher, and that was never fixed.

Launcher

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

In fact, it was recommended to not place GW2 in Program Files, as there were issues in the past.