Launcher won't launch

Launcher won't launch

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Raesin.2908

Raesin.2908

Hey guys.

I haven’t played GW2 since about the 2nd Sept, but when I tried to start the game up to play with the SAB the game won’t launch.
Everything has worked fine up until this.

I double click my GW2 shortcut and I get the dialog box asking me if I want to run it and then nothing happens. The launcher won’t come up and it doesn’t crash as I get no error message. I can’t uninstall it from ‘’Uninstall or change a program’’ so that I can reinstall.

I tried deleting the files and re-downloading but the setup opens, downloads 10649kb of something and then closes. Nothing happens after that.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Edit: I bought the digital copy and so have no disc to install from.

Launcher won't launch

Posted by: Raesin.2908

Raesin.2908

Update: I deleted the .exe file from the folder and got a friend to send me a new .exe file.
Everything’s working now.

Launcher won't launch

Posted by: Ashley Segovia.8276

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

Hi Raesin,
I’d like to collect a Game Advisor report so I can look into why you might be experiencing this issue. You can download the Game Advisor application at the link below:

http://us.ncsoft.com/gameadvisor/

Please note that you will be automatically prompted to install Game Advisor upon clicking the link. Once you’ve generated the report, you can attach it to this thread by clicking “More posting & formatting options…”

Launcher won't launch

Posted by: Johncsck.1490

Johncsck.1490

Im having a similar problem but with the edition of code 1455. I’ve attempted to uninstall the program but it won’t work and i’ve signed in as an administrator but nothing seems to work, please help ?