Laurels and Unique Ascended

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Alarid.2704

Alarid.2704

I recently spent the last month saving up for an ascended ring, buying another Khilbron’s Phylactery, only to realize what Unique meant, something that was completely irrelevant to everything I have done up to this point. Now I am stuck with an item that I virtually have no use for, and am out an entire month of effort. Is the only solution to dredge through Dailies and Monthlies as punishment for the mistake, or is there someway to fix it?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can contact Customer Support, and discuss the issue with them.

support.guildwars2.com
‘Ask a Question’

Good luck. =)

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Indeed support is the place to go. But to speculate on the possible outcome, the answer is in general that they don’t have the means to replace items on the live servers and therefor are unable to help you.

However. This doesnt mean that this is a good thing. I am even doubting the need for these rings to be unique. afaik it serves no real purpose then lore (there can’t be two Khilbron’s rings). Though I find correctness in lore important, it shouldnt be gamebreaking. Many people aremaking these mistakes. You can get two rings wich are identical in stats (e.g. Khilbron’s Phylactery and Ouroboros Loop wich only differ in the kind of infusions being possible). The difference in infusions is imo so minor there is no need at all for these rings to be unique.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!