[Mac]5k iMac

[Mac]5k iMac

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: mikeew.8607

mikeew.8607

This is just a quick yes it runs and great on 5k iMac. resolution is set to 1080×1920 as 4k just crashes guild wars doesn’t seem to support it. But runs just fine in normal settings with maxed out graphics settings.

Attachments:

[Mac]5k iMac

Posted by: MrFayth.3546

MrFayth.3546

0 Ping? What arcane magic is this!?

Also, I’m 100% sure I’ve seen posts complaining about UI size under 4K rez. So it does “work”, for windows at least.

i5 4690k @4.1ghz, r7 260x 1180/1680,8Gb G.skill Ripjaw 2133, 120gb ssd Gw2+OS

[Mac]5k iMac

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

0 Ping? What arcane magic is this!?

Also, I’m 100% sure I’ve seen posts complaining about UI size under 4K rez. So it does “work”, for windows at least.

The 5K iMac is running at a resolution higher than 4K and it’s running in a Cider wrapper – so it’s most likely not a case of being unsupported, but rather just that the wrapper (rather than the game) can’t or isn’t programmed to cope with it.

[Mac]5k iMac

Posted by: mikeew.8607

mikeew.8607

aye, I meant the Mac client/port must not be supported or buggy either way it crashes horribly at anything above 1080p res.

[Mac]5k iMac

Posted by: Odesseus.1472

Odesseus.1472

aye, I meant the Mac client/port must not be supported or buggy either way it crashes horribly at anything above 1080p res.

Glad to hear it plays well in a reduced resolution on the 5K iMac. I’d love to get one.

Interesting you say that it crashes horribly above 1080p. Typically in PvE I play in full-screen mode at 2560 × 1440, the highest resolution available on my Mac, with no issues. I can even play at this resolution with very good to high graphics, though it sometimes gets laggy (my iMac is 6+ years old).

If I play WvW, I typically play in windowed mode (for access to other screens and windows) at 1920 × 1200, the highest windowed resolution. The graphics has to be turned down because of screen activity, but it’s not that bad.

The attached screen shot shows my typical WvW settings. I rarely crash in either mode.

Attachments: