(Mac) Gamma changing in game and out of game

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Brent.8721

Brent.8721

Every since the spring patch, I have been playing normally and then my gamma drops really low and it is really dark and hard to see. When that happens I manually change it back to where it is suppose to be. I also have noticed when I close the game my normal screen on my mac will randomly go really bright like the gamma has been turned up. TO fix that I just go to SystemPref->Displays-> and then just click color and it fixes itself until it happens randomly again.

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

If I remember correctly this used to happen a long long time ago, I can’t remember how it was fixed.
Are you able to check whether the colour profile changes while you’re playing the game? Or does it remain on “Colour LCD” (usually the default) regardless of what the screen gamma is doing?

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

Try jumping into the displays option in OS-X “System Preferences”, and turning off “Automatically adjust brightness”, and see if that helps things. If it does, it could be an issue with the ambient light sensor hardware on your machine…

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Try jumping into the displays option in OS-X “System Preferences”, and turning off “Automatically adjust brightness”, and see if that helps things. If it does, it could be an issue with the ambient light sensor hardware on your machine…

That shouldn’t impact screen gamma in any way whatsoever. Automatic Brightness is about how high the screen’s backlight is turned up. Gamma is controlled by software and is very different to brightness (though it can give the effect of lower or higher brightness).

Posted by: Brent.8721

Brent.8721

It stays in Color LCD while I am playing as far as I can tell.