Mac Installer Issue

Mac Installer Issue

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: sgm.8762

sgm.8762

Hello
I have a 13" Macbook pro and have been having problems with the game launcher. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game (including deleting the application support files) Every time I try to launch the game the download starts over, then stops after running for a period of time. Frozen screen, and I get the error message in the attached image. If I try sending an error report, I get the other pop-up in the attachments. I have tried putting this command in the terminal :

/applications/guild\ wars\ 2.app/contents/MacOS/cider —use-dos-cwd C:Gw2 — C:\\GW2\\GW2.exe -assetsrv 174.35.71.9:80

But it hasn’t worked. I’ve tried looking at the forums but haven’t found anything that fixed my problem. Please help.

Attachments:

Mac Installer Issue

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

The download isn’t actually starting over. The progress bar always shows the percentage for the number of files downloaded since it was opened. Meaning that if you do a download of 17% and then close the launcher that 17% is saved on your hard drive, and the next time you open the launcher it will start from 0% again, but be downloading from where it left off last time.

So at the moment all I can suggest is keep starting the launcher again after it crashes. If it’s downloading large enough chunks then eventually it will finish.

Mac Installer Issue

Posted by: sgm.8762

sgm.8762

The download isn’t actually starting over. The progress bar always shows the percentage for the number of files downloaded since it was opened. Meaning that if you do a download of 17% and then close the launcher that 17% is saved on your hard drive, and the next time you open the launcher it will start from 0% again, but be downloading from where it left off last time.

So at the moment all I can suggest is keep starting the launcher again after it crashes. If it’s downloading large enough chunks then eventually it will finish.

Thanks very much, this is a big help! I’ll keep at it.

Mac Installer Issue

Posted by: penchant.9342

penchant.9342

Hi sgm, is this still happening? I am having a very similar issue.