Major Lag/Constant Disconnect

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Tashigi.3159

Tashigi.3159

Did another test, hop 6 (Which is the level3 node mentioned above) will often drop completely off and list a 100% packet loss.
Hop 10 (64.25.32-82.ncsoft.com) has done the same, but re-connects and returns around 30-40% packet loss as well.
Right now I am showing 11 hops and an average of 32% packet loss.

For those of you not familiar with level3 and gaming companies, here’s what most gamers end up going through: https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/4aaqu2/just_got_off_the_phone_with_my_isp_about_bns_lag/

(edited by Tashigi.3159)

Posted by: Tashigi.3159

Tashigi.3159

After two long hours of back and forth with my ISP, we were able to resolve the issue.
Apparently there was two major issues on my end, one is still unresolved (The noted node above; which still has a ridiculous packet loss , currently sitting at 91! See image below). But also my connection was not uploading as it normally would.
So the data received from the other connection would be delayed, as my uploads were lagging behind. This was fixed by fully resetting my router and by having one of my ISP folks stop by to also replace some hardware on the physical line outdoors. The weather conditions (winter is coming?) are causing some things to go bonkers.

Anyway, I can now play mostly “normally” without disconnects or lag spikes, though my normal 30-40 ping is now 80-90 ping, due to the faulty node.
For now, the game is playable at the very least, but I can see why others whom’s ping may have been 100 or so, is now likely double or triple that due to the faulty node.

Attachments:

(edited by Tashigi.3159)

Posted by: Sassy.1697

Sassy.1697

Its clearly anets end, you can tell cause they have not responded to any post.

Not quite, Anet hasn’t responded because there is nothing for them to fix. If it was a game server problem then it would cause every single player problems, not just some. Run ping plotter and determine where the problem is.

In all my posts about lag/dc’s it was the NCSoft-Level3 node back when my ISP used Level3. After getting in contact with them they changed the routing to Telia and guess what? Now it’s the NCSoft-Telia node. It’s literally called that way because it’s always the hop between X and NCSoft. So NCSoft (or A-Net?) could improve (invest money!) the connection via stocking up their bandwidth but they haven’t in 4 years so they won’t do it now.

Just pretent GW2 has a monthly fee and give it to a good VPN service instead.

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

If you say that every other hop – including the ones past that host – are at 8-11 percent packet loss, then it’s almost certainly just that being a router that drops “excessive” ICMP.

If it was the problem point, it’s gonna show the same degree of loss for every hop beyond it, because of course it’s dropping that many packets as they reach it, or as they pass through.

cough what you report, though … that’s bad. Like, “OMG, amazingly terrible” bad. You should see somewhere around zero percent packet loss. Once you get past five percent things are getting bad, and ten percent is going to cause huge problems with anything trying to traverse that connection.

So, yeah, I’d start with looking at where you see the jump from zero percent to ten percent packet loss, and figuring it out from that. If that’s before your ISP then, hey, at least it is inside your own walls.

Posted by: blust.9230

blust.9230

These random lags are annoying, if i’m reading this right problem is NCSOFT server(s). I have played this game for quite a long time, never had this problem before. It’s not all the time either, sometimes i can play for an hour or so then it starts.

Attachments:

(edited by blust.9230)

Posted by: Rhyas.5169

Rhyas.5169

It ONLY happens to NCsoft stuff. That’s way more annoying than the randomness of it all.

SlippyCheeze.5483

It ONLY happens to NCsoft stuff. That’s way more annoying than the randomness of it all.

It’s worth noting that the traces I’ve seen people post lead to AWS data centers, so it almost certainly hits “NCSoft stuff” and a bunch of other random things that you are not using and/or that are not latency and packet loss sensitive in the same way.

So it is more likely you noticed it only here, rather than it only touching this one service.

Posted by: MrSidious.5108

MrSidious.5108

i get lag to some times it is manageable and some times it is BAD as Heck
not shore why

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I’ve been having unbearable lag for days now. I can’t stay logged in for more than 10-15 minutes unless I do absolutely nothing, not even move. Its highly infuriating as this is the end of my winter break and I was hoping to get a lot of playtime in before school started back up and I had to dial back, but I have barely been able to do a thing in the game.

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

it has been several years now, every single time I try and pinpoint where the lag is coming from, it is ALWAYS the Dallas or Telia nodes.

Attachments:

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

(edited by Zietlogik.6208)

SlippyCheeze.5483

Yeah, it’s pretty clear that those are the point that is the problem here, by now – and that also explains why other users (for example, me) don’t have it, because our traffic doesn’t cross that pain in the neck node.

You should lean on your ISP to lean on those companies and fix the problem. It’s not very effective, but it’s about the only thing that might work.

(Well, unless someone knows a network engineer employed at one of them, and wants to call in a favor.)

Posted by: rojak.1894

rojak.1894

from Malaysia TMNET ISP. having problem staying connected: frequent code 7:11:3:191:101 disconnection.

300ms to 1000ms and higher ping

packet loss starting from:
so-1-1-0.cr3-mrs1.ip4.gtt.net
ae-16.bar1.Marseille1.Level3.net

Attachments: