Major Latency Problems today

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Shift Focus.9083

Shift Focus.9083

I’ve been having continuous latency problems and terrible rubber banding this entire day today, I reset my modem, my router, etc, did everything imaginable on my end and it doesn’t seem to be my connection, youtube works fine, gw2 forums work fine, everything works fine BUT guild wars 2, it’s odd and it’s frustrating the huge delays i’m getting and it’s making the game much less enjoyable, is anyone else having this issue lately?

Posted by: MauleVrrshaken.5782

MauleVrrshaken.5782

speedtests are fine and through resmon for gw2 was getting data through but had major skill lag, warping and so on.

comcast – michigan

Shark Juggler – Shark Aquarium – Ult – YB

Posted by: SallyStitches.4096

SallyStitches.4096

It’s Michigan Comcast. Been happening to me, too. Everything else (Youtube, streaming, surfing the net) is fine.

Shift Focus.9083

Makes sense, i’m in michigan too, crapcast strikes again :/

Shift Focus.9083

Well the game is virtually unplayable, I don’t enjoy rubber banding and an extreme delay with skills, seeing other people teleport everywhere, etc. hope it gets resolved soon.

Posted by: Tenelen.7436

Tenelen.7436

I posted about this on Reddit yesterday, and a lot of people responded that they were also Comcast – Michigan.

I want to know if anybody has an ideas what we can do about this. I am sitting at a consistent 240 ping, and it doesn’t change at all. This just makes me realize that this is most likely Comcast doing something that has reduced my ping.

Posted by: wolfie.2841

wolfie.2841

i am also comcast michigan and the lag has been horrific. everything else is fine like others have said. youtube, other games, the interwebs etc. i did a tracert and found that im getting stopped in dallas, tx. im sad. its almost unplayable

Posted by: Stroughzer.4153

Stroughzer.4153

I’m on comcast in michigan as well and i’m having the same issues. Reset night last night was impossible. I had issues with video yesterday but it seems to be ok today. Is there anyway i can test my ping in gw2?

Strosgaard [OTSB]
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: wolfie.2841

wolfie.2841

if you do /ip in game, it will give u the ip of that server. i did this in orr earlier and i have an ip of 64.25.33.86. i ran a cmd, tracert and it shows that right at dallas, tx, every request to an ip is timed out. i have a great ms up till then. (53 ms average). hop 11-30 are request timed out.

Posted by: Noctis Kai.3579

Noctis Kai.3579

I can chime in and say Michigan, Comcast – Being screwed myself. I’m glad to know its not just me… but sad to know its my Internet provider. I imagine calling and complaining won’t do much… hopefully It gets better soon.

Posted by: Keta.9601

Keta.9601

It’s not just Michigan and it’s not just Comcast (at least not yet anyway). Time-Warner Roadrunner here and it’s been horrid for a couple of weeks. But only for GW2.

Shift Focus.9083

Then there has to be something wrong on Arena net’s end, or NCsoft’s end, whoever is hosting the servers.

Posted by: darksome.1697

darksome.1697

It’s not just comcast, or time-warner. I’m in Sweden and we don’t even have those ISPs here and I get the same thing since the june 3rd patch.

Posted by: Keta.9601

Keta.9601

I checked the latency while in game several times today: in a crowded area I had latency 3x better than earlier in the game with lag that was unbelievably unplayable. On a high end gaming system with a wired connection. Only in GW2 though no other games and only since the mega server patch.