Mouse losing focus -right click to turn not working [Merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Velif.7948

Velif.7948

I’m getting this same issue with my Logitech G500. Haven’t found any fix that works so far. Guess I’ll just use the AutoHotkey workaround for now. It’s crazy how long this bug has been in the game. I didn’t even have the issue with my mouse until around when Living Story Season 2 launched.

Edit: I tried uninstalling Setpoint, re-installing Setpoint, compatibility modes, and the DPI fix from a few posts up; None of that worked.

(edited by Velif.7948)

Posted by: ZeeShep.4283

ZeeShep.4283

i was having this problem and found this and so far it seems to be helping:
1: Right-click your gw2.exe and choose Properties.
2: Go to the Compatibility tab.
3: Under Settings check-mark ’Disable display scaling on high DPI settings

This worked for me. Before, I could only go 3-5 seconds before my character would stop running while holding down both buttons, now she runs smoothly, and right camera turning is golden too. THANK YOU. Huge turn off when just starting this game, Anet should really get on top of this.

Posted by: Mitar.4962

Mitar.4962

I got the same problem since the LS S2 Patch, but it seems like A-net doesnt care about their playerbase and thinks that another useless gemshop item is way more important than fixing A GAMEBREAKING BUG -.-

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

This worked for me. Before, I could only go 3-5 seconds before my character would stop running while holding down both buttons, now she runs smoothly, and right camera turning is golden too. THANK YOU. Huge turn off when just starting this game, Anet should really get on top of this.

This worked for me too! This should be stickied as a solution!

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~

Posted by: Ferromagnificent.8946

Ferromagnificent.8946

This worked for me too! This should be stickied as a solution!

This didn’t work for me. It seems there have been several fixes/workarounds that work for some people and not others.

Posted by: Tenchu The Wolf.3418

Tenchu The Wolf.3418

A-net just needs to add a feature where you can toggle the right click camera by right clicking rather than having to hold down the kittening button. It doesn’t take a genius to come up with this solution in fact I’m convinced it takes an entire department of morons not to.

Yes I am also having this problem, but it stems from not having a toggle-able camera or the ability to lock the camera to the mouse like ANY OTHER NORMAL THIRD PERSON GAME. Pick any other third person game it has this functionality or the default is camera locked.

Posted by: Daze.6914

Daze.6914

Wow! For once I’m not the only one to have an issue. The strange thing is that I’ve played the game from release without problem and this behavior suddenly shown two weeks ago, without any hardware modification.

P.S. I have a Logitech G700, drivers updated.

Edit: Problem seems solved by one or more of these things (played a whole evening in WvW without issue):
-DPI trick on the client shortcut
-Disabled selection on right click in GW options
-Rotation speed to center in GW options
-In Logitech Setpoint set the refresh rate to 500 instead of 1000 and disabled the “cursor controlled by OS check”

War Inc. Community [WIC]
Far Shiverpeaks
GW2 WvW - GW2 Gem Price

(edited by Daze.6914)

Posted by: Murf.8609

Murf.8609

Is nobody else having this problem anymore?
It’s on the verge of being unplayable for me.
Using a Razer Naga and Razer Synapse 1.18.

Posted by: Feather.8107

Feather.8107

I’ve been experiencing this issue since the day of the March 16th patch. While trying to turn using the right mouse button I’m only getting a response about half the time. It goes a little something like this:

Try to turn…. nothing happens
Re-grab and try again…. nothing happens
Re-grab and try again…. turns a little
Re-grab and try again…. turns a little more
Re-grab and try again…. turns

But, of course, by now I’m screwed or dead or both.
Doing JP’s with this issue going on? An exercise in frustration.
I have two accounts, it’s happening on both. My mouse performs as expected 100% of the time in all other applications. As the above poster pointed out, this makes the game almost unplayable. I have heard from one other person in-game that they are also experiencing this.

I sincerely hope there is a fix on the way.

Posted by: chris.9142

chris.9142

YET another Razer user with mouse problem’s

I5-4670k @4.2Ghz – 8Gb 2133mhz Gskill
Msi Z87 Gaming Board AMD R9 270x
-crucial 256 M500 SSD -Samsung 500Gb HDD

Feather.8107

YET another Razer user with mouse problem’s

I would not make that assumption, as my mouse is not a Razer.

Feather.8107

Setting camera rotation speed to max seems to have improved things, but hasn’t completely cleared it up.

(edited by Feather.8107)

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

(Sorry for bumping a old thread. But after googling this issue for a while. It seems its been a long-going issue and no real fixes that I could find for it. But I only recently started having it.)

Started experiencing this issue recently (within the past two weeks). Initially blamed it on a worn out mouse. But right-clicking in other games and general computer use never really seemed to be faulty or not registering.

But I went through typical mouse troubleshooting. I’m just using a basic m100 logitech mouse. No software or anything. Tried other USB ports, cleaning mouse, redoing drivers, etc. No change.

Got two different mice completely (one Razor and one Microsoft brand) from friends and tried it in-game. Still no change. Ordered a new mouse anyways since this one is around 3 years old now and I’m pretty harsh on them and suspect it may still be worn down.

Tried a client repair and haven’t noticed any improvement. Nor did it seem to find any damaged files or anything to re-download.

Only thing that slightly seemed to improve it was max out the camera rotation speed. But it still seems to cause issues and lose focus randomly. Doesn’t seem to be directly tied to alt-tabbing or anything. It occurs just as often if I am playing directly after launching without alt-tabbing at all. I play in full screen mode.

Tried the DPI compatibility suggestion. Still seems that just sometimes the camera is either slow at registering or won’t register at all.

This issue makes it incredibly hard to play at times, especially in something like pvp since I have to resort to keyboard turning because my right-click randomly just stops registering.

(edited by Katreyn.4218)

Posted by: AtlasSi.9130

AtlasSi.9130

This seriously needs to be looked into. I’ve had this issue for a little over a month now. It’s pushed me away from playing. I can’t even turn my camera to move half way across LA. No naga here just a logitech thats about 5 months old now…tested 3 different mice, removed/updated drives, played with software, went as far as reinstalling the whole game and its still and issue. It’s only a problem while in GW.

18 80s | 12 100% | r177 | wvw r970 | 9,000+ hours
BP → DR → FA → Mag → BP → FA

(edited by AtlasSi.9130)

Posted by: shiranui.9013

shiranui.9013

I am having the same issues as well, it happens periodically when my graphic quality is at maxed, but when reduced to performance quality only there’s hardly any problem with the right click.
What would be nice is if they get rid of the cursor all together when controlling the camera and if you wish to click on a target, just press the ESC or ALT key for the cursor to pop up. This method works beautifully for Vindictus, for those who know and play this game, you know what I mean.

Posted by: Yamian.9038

Yamian.9038

Any recomended fix for this issue:
————————————————————-
Issue: Mouse Button Loses Focus and Does Not Reacquire It
Most of the time that this issue is present (it is inconsistent), the mouse actually loses focus and never reacquires it, which prevents character and camera orientation with the right mouse button and leaves the game in a completely unplayable state. Some days it is very bad and prevents you from even being able to play, other times it is only a couple times a minutes, but leads to frustration and not playing the game the rest of that day.
———————————————————————-

the link proposed by StinVec.3621 is dead

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Here is the ‘undead’ link: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Mouse-losing-focus-right-click-to-turn-not-working-Merged/first

Of course, since the thread is 2 years old, that thread wasn’t ‘dead’ at the time (pre-forum re-organization).

Good luck.

Posted by: Saroso.8940

Saroso.8940

same issue any fix ? mouse work properly, is a game problem

Posted by: Spectro.8562

Spectro.8562

need a fix got month cant do pvp

Posted by: avenger.9186

avenger.9186

i have 2 pc’s i play GW2 on, both similar spec, on one of them i have the right click issue on occassion every few weeks, the other is (so far) issue free, i discovered that by moving the ‘field of view’ all the way to the right and then back to centre where i usually have it would ‘fix it’ for some weeks then it would happen again and i needed move the ‘field of view’ again.

I use the same brand mouse on both pc’s, a Roccat XTD and swopping them over doesnt fix it but the ‘field of view’ adjustment does.

Posted by: Grim.6398

Grim.6398

I’m noticing that the problem was born a long time ago, but only three days ago I found the same. I’ve read all the comments and tried it all but the problem persists, someone recently encountered this problem? I use a logitech G300 mouse and it works well in other games. I hope that after years someone has solved it …

The only fix is change a perfect functionally mouse for gw2?

Posted by: Edward H Angle.1407

Edward H Angle.1407

been experiencing the exact issue with the right click to move camera problem. Anyone news on a potential resolution to this issue?

Posted by: Omnifarious.9347

Omnifarious.9347

Been having this issue since the day the game launched.

Recently came back and found it’s still a thing. Absolutely pathetic that they haven’t fixed something so game breaking in the wrong situations yet.

Posted by: Makadi.8067

Makadi.8067

I play this game for 18 months and just recently I got this problem! and found this post while searching any fix!?
the game suddenly become unplayable for me!!!1

(edited by Makadi.8067)