My friend is getting hacked

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Rise.6284

Rise.6284

My friend he can’t login his own account now , and my all guildie is stalking him. He keep send item all away.

My friend name account > humanize.1926

Somehow the hacker say in guild as " you can tell Anet , just recall the item" “it’s not hard”

And this hacker seem dosen’t scare doing about this. Anet please do something , even i have print the screen down of his typing.

Rise.6284

Right now he keep switching all character and send item away in Black Citadel.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Your friend would need to try to kick the usurper out of the game, and change the account password.

Then, secure his computer and email accounts:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Account-Security-What-you-need-to-know/first#post3884132

After doing so, he can contact CS:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/How-to-Submit-a-Ticket-Account-Issues-2/first#post3954

Good luck.

Rise.6284

Your friend would need to try to kick the usurper out of the game, and change the account password.

Then, secure his computer and email accounts:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Account-Security-What-you-need-to-know/first#post3884132

After doing so, he can contact CS:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/How-to-Submit-a-Ticket-Account-Issues-2/first#post3954

Good luck.

But the hacker is changed the password and set another safe login as Mobile Authenticator. There is nothing my friend can do anymore.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Then, your friend needs to contact CS, and seek assistance. But, your friend still needs to secure his computer and email accounts. Again, good luck.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Note that your friends email is likely being monitored by the hacker (that will actively try and prevent support from helping the actual account owner).

Change that email password and realize that changing the password does not necessarily mean the hacker is still not accessing the email. While most email web pages time out (and would then require the hacker to log back in with the NEW password), you can extend this timeout (in some cases to WEEKS) when you first log in.

Turning on the 2-step email authentication (if available) might solve this problem (and force the hacker to relog in….it would depend on how the email provider coded the web interface page.

You guys can attempt to flood report the account in-game and it might get locked down. Also, immediately revoke all Guild bank access for that account (if possible) or that will get cleaned out as well (that might be what is happening that tipped you off….I’m not clear on some of the details you posted).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Rise.6284

Note that your friends email is likely being monitored by the hacker (that will actively try and prevent support from helping the actual account owner).

Change that email password and realize that changing the password does not necessarily mean the hacker is still not accessing the email. While most email web pages time out (and would then require the hacker to log back in with the NEW password), you can extend this timeout (in some cases to WEEKS) when you first log in.

Turning on the 2-step email authentication (if available) might solve this problem (and force the hacker to relog in….it would depend on how the email provider coded the web interface page.

You guys can attempt to flood report the account in-game and it might get locked down. Also, immediately revoke all Guild bank access for that account (if possible) or that will get cleaned out as well (that might be what is happening that tipped you off….I’m not clear on some of the details you posted).

Sadly my friend don’t have a smartphone to do that 2-step email authentication.
My friend was too late realize the hacker is hack in his account. When he realize the hacker already changed everything and make the 2-step email authentication on that. That is why my friend is nothing can do about it.
For now my friend only can do is submit a request as ticket report about this.

Also the hacker is clear the guild bank already , all the rune is gone.

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

To properly secure your email account you have to not only change the password but double check any password recovery options. Change the answers to those too and make sure the recovery email and phone number belong to you.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

Rise.6284

To properly secure your email account you have to not only change the password but double check any password recovery options. Change the answers to those too and make sure the recovery email and phone number belong to you.

Thanks for warming up , i’ll tell my friend after he clean/format his PC and double check of his email account.

And he just done a ticket to Anet , hope Anet make it quick to recover of his lost.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

This sounds like a hack of the e-mail account that resulted in a compromise of the game account. If your friend has submitted a ticket, I suggest that he make a new ticket using a different, secure e-mail address (with a password that is used nowhere else). He should include the 6-digit ticket number from his first ticket in the new ticket.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Rise.6284

This sounds like a hack of the e-mail account that resulted in a compromise of the game account. If your friend has submitted a ticket, I suggest that he make a new ticket using a different, secure e-mail address (with a password that is used nowhere else). He should include the 6-digit ticket number from his first ticket in the new ticket.

Great , i’ll leave him a message of this to let him know. Thanks

Rise.6284

For now Anet is giving back the account to my friend and I saw my friend can online now.
So far Anet still haven’t recover of his lost yet, and also haven’t receive any new from Anet already 2days. My friend already did a ticket for Anet and ask to recover of his item , he kind of worry about he can’t get back his item.

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

They are backed up with the recovery queue I’m sure they will have his account restored in the next few days. Stress to him not to make any new tickets as it will just slow down the process – he can reply to the current ticket if he needs to.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]