My whole family just got suspended?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Bull Throttle.8306

Bull Throttle.8306

My daughter and I were playing earlier today, were forcibly logged out, and now have ‘Your Guild Wars 2 account has been suspended for an account issue. Please contact Support for information.’ messages when we try to log back in.

My wife’s account was also suspended, and she wasn’t even online!

I submitted a ticket, but is this a server issue or what?

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

It sounds like it might be a payment issue. Usually if your card rejects a purchase, they just suspend the account and talk to you about it.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Bull Throttle.8306

I upgraded all 3 accounts to PoF a few days ago; all show as ‘Active’ on the relevant account pages.

The only remotely unusual thing I’ve done was send my daughter the grand total of 50g this morning so she could buy enough gems to get herself an extra character slot; surely that wouldn’t be it?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It seems the payment provider, Digital River, is sometimes leery of multiple purchases (anything over 2). (There’s a few posts about multiple purchase issues.) It may just be a matter of having your purchase verified. It may take a few days, but should be sorted out, if that’s the problem.

Good luck.

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

Does ANet track the number of accounts logging in via the same IP address? Perhaps that could be an issue, if that’s the case.

Bull Throttle.8306

Oh? Bah.
I guess there’s nothing to do but wait for my ticket to get to the front of the queue then.

Thanks folks.

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

Have you checked if your CC or paypal transaction has gone through? Maybe they had to hold the transaction because a security flag was raised?

Bull Throttle.8306

It seems the payment provider, Digital River, is sometimes leery of multiple purchases (anything over 2). (There’s a few posts about multiple purchase issues.) It may just be a matter of having your purchase verified. It may take a few days, but should be sorted out, if that’s the problem.

Good luck.

Looks like you could be right: Digital River refunded Paypal out of the blue for one of the upgrades yesterday. I’ve been asked to provide serial numbers for the accounts — presumably to prove they’re not stolen? — looks like something somewhere got auto-flagged when I upgraded the accounts to PoF.

Posted by: Alleykay.3704

Alleykay.3704

Wait, have you already gotten a response to your ticket?

Bull Throttle.8306

Yeah, all sorted; sorry for the peeps still waiting. I dunno if it’s because my ticket concerned muliple accounts, or what, but it’s been dealt with really quickly. (Thanks, Support!)

For those kind enough to offer suggestions and speculation:

We had two unrelated issues: sending my daughter 50g to buy some gems did indeed auto-flag something and get both of us suspended (!) and my wife’s account was suspended because Digital River didn’t like multiple upgrades going through and rejected her payment.

Cheers all.

Posted by: Noctover.3205

Noctover.3205

Yeah, all sorted; sorry for the peeps still waiting. I dunno if it’s because my ticket concerned muliple accounts, or what, but it’s been dealt with really quickly. (Thanks, Support!)

For those kind enough to offer suggestions and speculation:

We had two unrelated issues: sending my daughter 50g to buy some gems did indeed auto-flag something and get both of us suspended (!) and my wife’s account was suspended because Digital River didn’t like multiple upgrades going through and rejected her payment.

Cheers all.

See now, from their sticky post i was under the impression that all tickets went in a queue. How long did you wait for this response? Seen as ive been waiting 11 days and heard literally nothing.

Noctover.3205

Let me just re-iterate the sticky post:

All support requests go into one big “bucket,” or queue. Whether the issue is large or small, critical or less urgent, every contact comes in as a customer support “ticket” and every ticket goes into a single queue. From the queue, our agents answer tickets in the order received. It’s not possible to expedite your issue by posting on a forum or on social media or by reaching out to individual employees.

So it dosent matter what your ticket was about or how many people, im assuming it went to the back of the queue, have you waited more than 11 days like myself to hear anything?

Posted by: Alleykay.3704

Alleykay.3704

All support requests go into one big “bucket,” or queue. Whether the issue is large or small, critical or less urgent, every contact comes in as a customer support “ticket” and every ticket goes into a single queue. From the queue, our agents answer tickets in the order received. It’s not possible to expedite your issue by posting on a forum or on social media or by reaching out to individual employees.

So it dosent matter what your ticket was about or how many people, im assuming it went to the back of the queue, have you waited more than 11 days like myself to hear anything?

Well yeah, hit 11 days, but finally got a response telling me they determined I in fact did get hacked. And that to reply to the email and wait for a response. I replied to the email about 6 hours ago.
I am not complaining about the wait now. Its the middle of the night so I expect maybe a response during business hours. But yeah I understand the salt.
I am glad this guy got a swift response, it was a really messed up error that wasn’t their fault at all. But like he said, to all the people still waiting, and there are plenty of them. Its kind of a slap in the face knowing they can and will expedite. I imagine its because he posted on the support forums and got elevated. So contrary to what is said in the stickies, posting on the forums probably helped this gentleman. This title to this thread kind of makes you want to click it and read it cause its a serious subject.

Noctover.3205

Well yeah, hit 11 days, but finally got a response telling me they determined I in fact did get hacked. And that to reply to the email and wait for a response. I replied to the email about 6 hours ago.
I am not complaining about the wait now. Its the middle of the night so I expect maybe a response during business hours. But yeah I understand the salt.
I am glad this guy got a swift response, it was a really messed up error that wasn’t their fault at all. But like he said, to all the people still waiting, and there are plenty of them. Its kind of a slap in the face knowing they can and will expedite. I imagine its because he posted on the support forums and got elevated. So contrary to what is said in the stickies, posting on the forums probably helped this gentleman. This title to this thread kind of makes you want to click it and read it cause its a serious subject.

The wait is a joke but now that I’ve realised that the queue isn’t even a queue but a “choose your ticket” section i’ve taken my issue to https://www.bbb.org/western-washington/business-reviews/computer-software-publishers-and-developers/arenanet-llc-in-bellevue-wa-22017235/

As you can see, this is regular practice from ArenaNet from the responses.

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

They can say everything goes in to a single queue, but they lie. Doesn’t matter what the business is, problem tickets that directly involve a money transaction will always receive a higher priority and be placed higher in the queue.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

As for the single queue, there is a single queue that the ticket first gets attention. Then, it is sent to the Team that handles such matters.

It really would not work out if each ticket was closed before the next one could be addressed, as the tickets that take some research/time would hold up the ones that can be addressed very quickly. It would not make much sense to have the other 20? 30? 50? Team members sitting idle at their desks while Team Member X works on a complex matter.

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

It may be a queue, but it’s likely more than one person is reviewing the queue at an given time and if it’s like any helpdesk I’ve seen, the queue is periodically scanned and people with payment issues get a higher priority, which is why we’re seeing some of the PoF stuff resolved very quickly while others are going weeks without a response. ANet is a business wants your money.

As IC said there will be multiple teams getting assigned tickets, based on issue, hardware support, account support, software support, but still tier 1 support, often non-technical, or barely technical at this level, then if they identify something that needs to be fixed in the software or on the back end, it’ll either get assigned to a second tier support such as a sys-admin, DBA, application developer, etc. to address, OR if it’s a known issue it’ll likely get closed and linked to a master ticket so they can track the frequency and severity of the problem.