Network Lag [Merged]

Network Lag [Merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Dalrath.1832

Dalrath.1832

Having the same problem now, told to check my internet conection. I did a speed test and have 12mps so that’s not an issue for me.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Dear arenanet, the amount of lag and dc’s your game causes today is absolutely intolerable.
Never had any problems in the past, but now it is actually so bad it’s close to unplayable.

it’s not my network, everything works fine, pings fine.
Even your website has issues loading (takes way longer than any other page) but that may be because many people want to voice themselves concerning the state of the stability today.

today? this is week 2 for me and some others :p

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Funkybacon.2635

Funkybacon.2635

Some answers Anet?

Give your playerbase some support please with this.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Safari.3021

Safari.3021

Massive lag, started at 19;00 GMT

ISP: Sky (through a BT line most likely)
Server: Aurora Glade
Map: all so far

I had this lag for a 3 month period early last year, was very frustrating, always between 6pm till 12am. Not seen it for awhile though. Been fine all day, even in the hours of 17:00-19:00, its like someone flipped a switch dead on 19:00

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: kaat.8237

kaat.8237

For the last 2 hrs or so, up to 10 second lag on EU servers, no lag at all on US server. I’m in the US but have NEVER had any lag issues like this on EU servers. Yes, fps goes down for me in large battles, but up to today, most everything has been running well.

MARA on Gunner’s Hold

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Tubery.4398

Tubery.4398

ISP=BT
Server = Maguuma
Located = UK

I have never had lag before when playing this game but the game has been unplayable since Feb

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: egzius.9031

egzius.9031

UK, Virgin Media, insane lag. nothing else lags, but this game.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

More lag, skills freezing, not being able to interact with objects & siege (Wvw)
In general longer loading times, Ui delay when loading in of about 1 minute.
reduced settings even more to be able to keep some two digit fps.. (AMD system)
more and more work being shifted to the client.. (might advice to ask clients to run thier own private servers?)

anyway , hope there will be some good news

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Anubis.4619

Anubis.4619

yup im getting kicked every few seconds. i duno if theres a ddos attack or something but this is ridiculous.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: XBOSZ.4567

XBOSZ.4567

Had no lag/delay whatsoever, and suddenly I’ve been getting lagspikes every 2-5 seconds. It started about a week ago and only happened during afternoon my time till about 12mn. And since 2 days ago it’s been happening the whole day. Major lagspikes, packet loss. I called my ISP, they said my line is fine and there is no network issue.
My ISP is PLDT, The Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company. Hope there’s a fix for this, as every PLDT user I know suffers from this ever since the LA patch.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Lebasi Leinad.6381

Lebasi Leinad.6381

I am also in almost the same situation as XBOSZ above. I had ~2-5 second delay for about a month, which was completely fixed about a week ago, and then about 2 days ago, the lag came back. Unbearable and unplayable atm.
I never faced such lag in my 1 year of playing until about a month ago (been on the same ISP for the entire year).
I only face lag only when playing GW2
Region: US, MD
Server: GoM.
ISP: UMD

(edited by Lebasi Leinad.6381)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: UserX.8217

UserX.8217

I am having extremely bad skill lag today. The game is near unplayable, in fact I logged until fixed. I have tried 2 different characters in 3 different areas.

Here is my ISP info but I already know that skill lag is a server/network issue on Anet’s side almost 100% of the time.
Quest/CenturyLink fiber 50/20
Tucson AZ going through Phoenix Layer 2
I am on Devona’s Rest

Intel i7 3930k (4.7G) / 32GB of 2133 / ASUS R4E / 2X EVGA GTX580s / 2X 256MB Corsair PP SSDs (RAID0)
Corsair Pro AX1200 / SoundBlaster ZxR/ Windows 8 Pro x64 (+WMC) EFI Instal

(edited by UserX.8217)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Snorcha.7586

Snorcha.7586

Had to log off again today, LAG is unplayable in both PVE and PVP.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Milennos.9810

Milennos.9810

The lag is now back since 1 week in wvw event in world. Right now, in wvw you have a 5-10 sec. lag spike it’s unplayable or t1 server. I am pretty sure that season 2 will be a fail because of the lag.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: mousetrap.5049

mousetrap.5049

Had no lag/delay whatsoever, and suddenly I’ve been getting lagspikes every 2-5 seconds. It started about a week ago and only happened during afternoon my time till about 12mn. And since 2 days ago it’s been happening the whole day. Major lagspikes, packet loss. I called my ISP, they said my line is fine and there is no network issue.
My ISP is PLDT, The Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company. Hope there’s a fix for this, as every PLDT user I know suffers from this ever since the LA patch.

I am having the same problems and i think mine’s worse. After the tournament patch, pve is as laggy as hell. Just doing the daily quest is almost near to impossible because of the lag and everytime i enter wvw, everything except my character freezes whenever a zerg shows up

ISP: PLDT
Server: maguuma

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: JoeS.3091

JoeS.3091

The game it’s unplayable in wvwvw with this lag. what causes this?

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Serial.6290

Serial.6290

Still issues with this annoying lag. Any fix for this?

Was using a proxy for a month but that option is gone.

Attachments:

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Philkafou.7481

Philkafou.7481

Dear Developers.
For the past week i have been experiencing terrible skill lag in spvp and world vs world.
(we are talking about up to 5 seconds skill lag which renders the game unplayable) Pve is sort of better but i havent been able to play tournaments in fear of disconnects and poor performance. I am absolutely sure this is not a network error since i have contacted my provider and have thoroughly checked this. Nevertheless all my other online games play just fine and my speed tests show nominal results. Please inform us if this is indeed an issue with the game. What is more i seem to be experiencing constant rubber banding and people have been telling me that i am teleporting all over the place. In world vs world i seem to phase out of reality and run around in zergs without being noticed and then being pulled back to a spot i was 10 minutes ago.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: hmsgoddess.3869

hmsgoddess.3869

Dear Developers.
For the past week i have been experiencing terrible skill lag in spvp and world vs world.
(we are talking about up to 5 seconds skill lag which renders the game unplayable) Pve is sort of better but i havent been able to play tournaments in fear of disconnects and poor performance. I am absolutely sure this is not a network error since i have contacted my provider and have thoroughly checked this. Nevertheless all my other online games play just fine and my speed tests show nominal results. Please inform us if this is indeed an issue with the game. What is more i seem to be experiencing constant rubber banding and people have been telling me that i am teleporting all over the place. In world vs world i seem to phase out of reality and run around in zergs without being noticed and then being pulled back to a spot i was 10 minutes ago.

Same issue here. Please Anet fix. I miss GW2 and my friends.

~ Emma Vine Sixty Nine Shades Of [NUDE] – Crystal Desert

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Ryumin.6749

Ryumin.6749

I started getting this problems yesterday
At first it was horrible lags then i kept getting disconnected. Later on the error code = 7:11:3:191:101 started appearing
For some reason at times when I use waypoints, after appearing at said waypoints i get pulled back to it over and over

Edit: It improved somewhat today

(edited by Ryumin.6749)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: jayvux.4128

jayvux.4128

Same over harrr ;<

GM of Leaders [LEAD]
Server: Darkhaven (fb.com/groups/guildwars2darkhaven)
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheJayvux

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Skribulous.3521

Skribulous.3521

Still happening for me here. Game is downright unplayable right now.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: MrYoSo.7916

MrYoSo.7916

I am having the same problems and i think mine’s worse. After the tournament patch, pve is as laggy as hell. Just doing the daily quest is almost near to impossible because of the lag and everytime i enter wvw, everything except my character freezes whenever a zerg shows up

ISP: PLDT
Server: maguuma

Same, i’m from the same location and have the same ISP. Game is pretty much unplayable with the lag and rubberbanding.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Vashoom.8512

Vashoom.8512

this lag really getting tired now.. (EU) it’s odd how chat is not lagged, I was talking in chat saying how my attack still is flashing (as if to start when pressed) but not registered yet… waited about 15 seconds.. the game finished, it still didn’t click in, no actions pressed were actually happening.

this is killing me and making spvp unplayable, I used to enjoy spvp since launch up to (as of) a few days ago, for me anyway… why suddenly happening when it was not happening before? what changed? nothing my end…

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

(edited by Vashoom.8512)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Brutality.6395

Brutality.6395

Massive packet loss. Looks like it’s having trouble at Dallas
More likely to be my ISP at iinet LAX1. Here are a couple of Trace Routes

Attachments:

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Guild Wars 2 Network Lag.

Arena.net, Please! fix it

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Tickwomp.8735

Tickwomp.8735

Never had this problem before yesterday but I’ve been having 1-3 second delays with skills, as well as the damage and animation timing. Everything seems fine in other applications and programs – Guild Wars is the only thing with this weird delay.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: SubAce.9863

SubAce.9863

Never had this problem before yesterday but I’ve been having 1-3 second delays with skills, as well as the damage and animation timing. Everything seems fine in other applications and programs – Guild Wars is the only thing with this weird delay.

Yea I’m having some really weird lag. I commented on it tonight to someone in a party and they were experiencing same issue. Pretty consistent clipping of animations throughout the evening. Other internet applications are running fine.

80 Ranger DH Abyss

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Torraquis.4768

Torraquis.4768

I have some strange input into this. I was having really bad lag for the past 3 days on my desktop. It was animation lag where the game would drop about 10 frames then back up to normal in 1 second intervals. It would look like all animations whether idle or moving would have a moment of slow motion then speed up back to normal only to slow again. was difficult to do anything. This only occurred on my desktop not my lower powered laptop or any of my friend’s computers. I connect via a USB adaptor since I am too far away for a direct connection. Today that adaptor was having issues and I found that it had no drivers for windows 8, that I am running, only 7 and below. I went out and purchased a lower speed N300 compared to the N600 I had before. This N300 is compatible with windows 8. Now all that strange lag is gone and I am playing at the same time and in the same areas I was experiencing this lag before and it is totally gone. Perhaps this hardware/driver incompatibility may be some things that are causing the issues other players are noticing with lag? I’m not saying this is the only thing that could be causing this lag but that I had a success and it could be something players can look into if they are having the same issue as I did.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: MikeyLee.3762

MikeyLee.3762

I’d never had this problem in GW2 before. The problem with the lag I’m having has nothing to do with my fps dropping because my fps is fine. I have been lagging a lot since last week and I keep losing connection in the game. After I lose connection an error pops up and it takes me back to the character screen selection. I don’t think the problem has anything to do with my PC or internet because I have no problems when I browse the internet or play other video games. I tried opening my ports and made a GW2 shortcut with the “/clientport 80” thing but I still lag in the game no matter what. Please help me because GW2 is unplayable for me right now.

Attachments:

(edited by MikeyLee.3762)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Brack.6172

Brack.6172

Using the thread.
Playing for three months, never ever seen a single freeze up until lately. Speedtests show that my connection is totally fine, PC is more than fine for the game (although I cheched the lowest graphics also) – permanent freezes for a couple of seconds everywhere, not only in open world. And these things are vital in PvP u know. If anyone of anet reads this, please help.

Here are some details:
When in sPvP it ALWAYS (or very close to that) freezes when I try to chain with a kick+bulls rush+the knockdown hammer ability. Looks like it’s too much instant movement for a server – but that’s just stupid! And it ruins the gameplay.
Oh, and as soon as I just press the Easrthshaker bind it gets totally frost as well. I don’t even have to click an area of landing, just hit the bind – there goes the freeze. Everything tested with the lowest graphics setting possible, PC is good, recent connection speed wa ~20mb download and ~20mb upload

(edited by Brack.6172)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Baby.1405

Baby.1405

I have some strange input into this. I was having really bad lag for the past 3 days on my desktop. It was animation lag where the game would drop about 10 frames then back up to normal in 1 second intervals. It would look like all animations whether idle or moving would have a moment of slow motion then speed up back to normal only to slow again. was difficult to do anything. This only occurred on my desktop not my lower powered laptop or any of my friend’s computers. I connect via a USB adaptor since I am too far away for a direct connection. Today that adaptor was having issues and I found that it had no drivers for windows 8, that I am running, only 7 and below. I went out and purchased a lower speed N300 compared to the N600 I had before. This N300 is compatible with windows 8. Now all that strange lag is gone and I am playing at the same time and in the same areas I was experiencing this lag before and it is totally gone. Perhaps this hardware/driver incompatibility may be some things that are causing the issues other players are noticing with lag? I’m not saying this is the only thing that could be causing this lag but that I had a success and it could be something players can look into if they are having the same issue as I did.

you mean like this ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPy2LTQ2_BM

when i am using air 1 strafing and using fire while strafing.. the animation lags then speeds back up..

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

I have been lagging badly for the last few days around. I notice it is most prominent during EU prime time. Is there any easy fix?

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Kajuna.2198

Kajuna.2198

I have been lagging for the last few days too.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Blackdagger.9670

Blackdagger.9670

I’ve been lagging like crazy since 1 week or so. It’s so annoying that I always end up my game sessions by pressing alt+f4 for rage quit. Its nearly impossible to play, I’m pressing a skill and it activates 2 seconds later.
I called my internet service provider but they couldn’t help, they had no idea why this is happening.

1 week before, I never had such a problem like this. This is happening recently and made me think quit playing gw2. Please help me to get rid of this annoying lag.

playing on RoF server.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

Server: Gandara

See previous 48 pages of posts.

Generally around 4:30-5:00 PM UK time the lag starts and gets more and more unplayable until the next morning when it disappears.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

It returned for me as well… it’s always the same kittening data center in Frankfurt (195.16.161.58) .. the hop just before ANet’s servers. It’s getting infuriating to have this problem keep coming back.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Caosso.9820

Caosso.9820

Server: Darkhaven

Ridiculous constant lag since yesterday (23/05/14) making me unable to play, since this problem, I have never had such a strong lag in Guild wars 2.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: krycom.6730

krycom.6730

I’m getting lag in the evening and many times it will just disconnect. At this point I can’t even log back in until about 10 mins. And then it’s just a vicious circle. It’s frustrating trying to to the doylak race and get dc’d in the middle of it, or try those jumps when the lag kicks in. Other times you find that your character was no where near where it was when you get back online.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: GROMIT.7829

GROMIT.7829

Yup i’m getting massive packet loss as soon as the data enters the Plaync network and they have the balls to blame my internet, I run tracerts and pingplotters to numerous places and all come back fine except for the guild wars 2 eu server.

Sick of being told it’s not their fault when it clearly is as all the data disappears within their network.

Here is a link to my previous post which has ignored.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Skill-lag-and-stutter/first#post4071753

!!!! YOU’RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR !!!!

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: moxx.4629

moxx.4629

Becose of lag and disconects, I can’t play pvp,wvw nor dungeons. I’m tired of starting something and crashing so often. Do something.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: moxx.4629

moxx.4629

can’t even switch characters without getting disconected…

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: GROMIT.7829

GROMIT.7829

All i get is constant packet loss.

!!!! YOU’RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR !!!!

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Hotdogs.8934

Hotdogs.8934

I’m from australia and getting lagspikes of 5-30 seconds or dropping in spvp which makes it impossible to play properly, so im quitting. I’m guessing its caused by megaserver. It seems to be getting worse over time, I used to get them occassionally now it happens multiple times every match.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Maat.2065

Maat.2065

Yeah, I’ve been getting lag over in TC since the MegaServer roll out. This isn’t just a little 2 second lag, but sometimes up to a minute. At times I can go a whole hour without experiencing lag, but then other times I’m getting severe lag every five minutes. The game is nearly unplayable for me at this point.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Blake.7401

Blake.7401

I’m from australia and getting lagspikes of 5-30 seconds or dropping in spvp which makes it impossible to play properly, so im quitting. I’m guessing its caused by megaserver. It seems to be getting worse over time, I used to get them occassionally now it happens multiple times every match.

I’m having the same experience as Hotdogs.8934.

ISP: TPG (http://www.speedtest.net/result/3535937022.png)
Server: Blackgate

Experiencing high latency to GW2 servers (including this forum) and constant spikes across all game modes. For example, sitting in Lions Arch now (/IP: 64.25.38.158) and my latency is between 258-498.

Tracing route to 64.25.38.158 over a maximum of 30 hops
1 1 ms <1 ms 2 ms [Local]
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 26 ms 27 ms 25 ms bri-sot-wic-csw2-gi-1-3.tpgi.com.au [202.7.173.1
37]
4 24 ms 21 ms 21 ms 203-29-142-93.static.tpgi.com.au [203.29.142.93]
5 34 ms 34 ms 36 ms syd-sot-ken-crt3-TG-11-7.tpgi.com.au [202.7.173.
225]
6 34 ms 32 ms 35 ms 203-219-35-3.static.tpgi.com.au [203.219.35.3]
7 215 ms 216 ms 214 ms te0-0-0-2.ccr21.lax04.atlas.cogentco.com [38.104
.210.9]
8 221 ms 217 ms 218 ms level3.lax04.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.14.130]
9 271 ms 271 ms 328 ms vlan60.csw1.LosAngeles1.Level3.net [4.69.144.62]
10 382 ms 272 ms 287 ms ae-62-62.ebr2.LosAngeles1.Level3.net [4.69.137.1
7]
11 272 ms 271 ms 270 ms ae-3-3.ebr3.Dallas1.Level3.net [4.69.132.78]
12 275 ms 250 ms 250 ms ae-73-73.csw2.Dallas1.Level3.net [4.69.151.145]
13 * 256 ms 260 ms 4.69.146.14
14 389 ms 369 ms 320 ms 4.59.197.34
15 287 ms 288 ms 287 ms 64.25.32.9
16 259 ms 291 ms 257 ms 64.25.32.26
17 310 ms 260 ms 271 ms 64.25.32.82
18 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.
Trace complete.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

A month or so ago I’ve PingPlotted my connections. From Hungary, the Frankfurt server seemed dead most of times, with a couple of others that had 15-35% values.

Right now I’m suffering from these laggspikes and DCs for more than a week,
and I’m often shooting people with invisible arrows and no damage indicator at all.
Even my drops are crap, going through a 40 man zerg gives me like 8 piece of loot, 4 of that is surely some trash spike/claw/whatever halfeaten boot sole.

And this goes above the really bad targeting of GW2 and terrible autoaiming of Bows.
Ranger gets nerfed, nerfed, fights in laggs and when succseeds, gets crap. Awesome.

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: illo.5106

illo.5106

Just my 2 cents from this morning – WvW & “just standing around”.

Those three happened during WvW (10 – 11.15 am GMT):
Lag 10.14 am
Lag 10.46 am
following Lag 10.46 am

Then I can always roll the dice if I get a DC or just a lag.

Those while in the login screen (kept GW2 open while doing some work):
12.13 am
12.19 am

This happens over and over again since the megaserver update.

I had never those problems and I do have them now only in GW2 – all other games I sometimes play (tested) or my trading/homeoffice software doesn’t get me close to those problems/pings.

I called my provider 3 times to check my connection (since it’s a business line and he has to guarantee a fixed quality) and blamed him first, and the guys at the service center assured me with hand to god that nothing is wrong and that they couldn’t find any error.

(edited by illo.5106)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Anoobiz.4283

Anoobiz.4283

Spvp lagging 3rd day in a row, some servers have constant lag spiked, sometimes game crashes with 19:9:9:1720:101 (connection to login server).
Desolation
ISP Rostelekom, Russia

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Reminds me an “old” joke… How is the russian ISP called?
InterHeT
:D

BTW: My friends keep reporting these laggs too.
Maybe the server structure isn’t separated enough, no clue, I admit I don’t know mutch about this segment.

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”