New system req's, question re: netbook

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Shwyx.8190

Shwyx.8190

Hi there.

I’m using a small Asus netbook for private use when on business trips (Vivobook E200HA, Intel Atom Z8300, 2 GB RAM, Win 10 64 bit, external storage). Against all odds and despite displaying the “Warning: 2 GB RAM” message in the launcher, it’s capable of running GW2. Granted – lowest settings, 1366×768, long loading times, terrible FPS. But it’s enough to craft the daily cooldowns, check the TP and do dailies.

With PoF getting updated system reqs I’m wondering if my netbook will still be viable for the aforementioned tasks. It works with the recent update – in fact I last logged on today – but I’m wondering if there’ll be a change once PoF launches.

Thanks!

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It will probably still be able to access Core Tyria, but not the newer maps.

I have a potato computer, and I have no issues in Core Tyria, but a few certain areas in the newest maps can cause some issues for me.

I’m hoping my computer will do ok during the Beta Weekend. You can try yours out then, as well.

Good luck (to both of us…lol).

Posted by: Jon Olson

Jon Olson

Programmer

This post may be of interest.

Beta, Character Select/Create, Enhanced Squad UI, Play for Free, Raids, Streaming Client, & Mac

Posted by: Shwyx.8190

Shwyx.8190

This post may be of interest.

Hi Jon and thanks for the reply. I’m aware of the new requirements; I guess what I meant to ask was whether they are already in effect (thus not invalidating my netbook after Sep 22nd) or if they’re somehow “activated” with the PoF launch.

It will probably still be able to access Core Tyria, but not the newer maps.

I have a potato computer, and I have no issues in Core Tyria, but a few certain areas in the newest maps can cause some issues for me.

I’m hoping my computer will do ok during the Beta Weekend. You can try yours out then, as well.

Good luck (to both of us…lol).

Thanks for the reminder regarding the beta weekend. I guess I’ll give it a try – although I’m not planning to leave core Tyria with the netbook. That’s what my desktop is for. But I don’t want to miss playing the TP just because I’m sitting in a hotel somewhere …

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It shouldn’t make a difference whether PoF is live or not. Thinking about it, though, the Beta Weekend is only in the Crystal Oasis map. Still, the client is the same; it’s already been updated to handle that map. If you can access Core Tyria now on your notebook, it should not change, I would think.