*New update error*

*New update error*

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Nadiaax.6318

Nadiaax.6318

Q:

I’m running GW2 on a mac. And after this most recent update, upon launching the game I get the error message Exception : c0000094 A serious error has occurred that prevented the application from continuing. A report has been sent to ArenaNet to help determine the cause.

Well, let me take some of that back. My macbook does indeed launch the game. It gets to the login screen and allows me to hit play and then it launches the screen when I can pick one of my 5 characters. It’s after hitting play on this screen where it launches the loading screen when it eventually crashes. I hope this bug will be fixed very soon. Not sure if it’s just a thing with us mac users, or everyone.

*New update error*

Posted by: Risotto.7309

Risotto.7309

A:

I had this too. Switch to another character or create a new one. Log into the game with them. Then you can go back to your original.

*New update error*

Posted by: Prince Jewfro.2937

Prince Jewfro.2937

I had this too. Switch to another character or create a new one. Log into the game with them. Then you can go back to your original.

^ this worked for me on the second alternate character I tried to login as. The first alternate character I tried to login with also got the error.

*New update error*

Posted by: mtty.6319

mtty.6319

I am having the same issue, and switching characters doesn’t do anything to fix it.

*New update error*

Posted by: Hakkar.2087

Hakkar.2087

Im having the same trouble, and logging into another character dosent work… anybody know a way to fix it?

*New update error*

Posted by: Daihenka.2065

Daihenka.2065

Receiving the same error, making the game unplayable.

The crash will happen at any stage of the client being open, and will happen before a loading screen for a character will complete.

So it will crash:

• on the black screen before the character selection is available
  • on the character selection screen
  • while loading screen after selecting a character to play (have not got past this point)

System Overview:
System Version: Mac OS X 10.7.5 (11G56)
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.3 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBP81.0047.B27
SMC Version (system): 1.69f3

*New update error*

Posted by: Valdoron.7821

Valdoron.7821

I’m on a high end mac myself and get the same exact error. I can’t get to the character screen at all, just the same error. Any updates Arena on when this will be fixed? I know it was the update that did it because I logged into the game and played fine before the most recent update. Could we get an official response on this? Even if it’s only to say “we are working on it” ?

*New update error*

Posted by: Rhynera.6274

Rhynera.6274

Just bought the game Thursday night, and have been playing Friday until Saturday evening. Got back from a friend’s house and wanted to log on just now, but am having the same issue. Have no idea what the issue is as I didn’t have a problem earlier today…

Would be nice to get some kind of feedback on this. Just paid $59.99 for this game and $19.99 to Apple to get my OS upgraded to Mountain Lion.

*New update error*

Posted by: RRR.4826

RRR.4826

any update? I’m getting the same error as well. This happend only when I updated today to the latest version.

*New update error*

Posted by: RRR.4826

RRR.4826

I got mine working again. I just repaired the disk permissions in the disk utility then did a restart. Hope this works for you guys as well! =)

*New update error*

Posted by: Mitra Shikari.5067

Mitra Shikari.5067

i just got this error and changing characters didn’t help. all my slots are full so i cant make a new character…

*New update error*

Posted by: Eventine.5602

Eventine.5602

Ehi if this problem occurs, do the repairing disk permissions thing, it works.

*New update error*

Posted by: Echo Commander.4086

Echo Commander.4086

I just recieved this error today (08/09/13). It happened right after the patch. I put through a ticket. Please resolve the issue. I really wanted to play tonight.

*New update error*

Posted by: Kyllaa.1385

Kyllaa.1385

Did you try the fix above yet? (Disk repair using disk utility)

(edited by Kyllaa.1385)

*New update error*

Posted by: izzuedotcom.2498

izzuedotcom.2498

Happened to me today. 1/6/2014. Would have thought an issue that occured a year ago would be resolved by now.

*New update error*

Posted by: Felicja.6891

Felicja.6891

@ izzuedotcom: Could you please post the crash log? Since the crash log can be fairly long, please use http://pastebin.com. The file you are looking for is called “ArenaNet.log” and you can find it in
(If this path shows up on multiple lines, it should be all one line)
/Users/yourusername/Library/Application Support/Guild Wars 2/p_drive/User/Application Data/Guild Wars 2.