OMG - Performance is down to 3 FPS :(

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Eli The Yahoo.9782

Eli The Yahoo.9782

just got the patch – all graphics always maxed out – always got 25-40 FPS.
now i get 3 FPS

Posted by: Kahzi.5467

Kahzi.5467

This is my surprised face:

:O

I’m not actually surprised. They removed culling before they fixed the reason we needed culling in the first place. Poorly scaling game engine scales poorly.

Sigh.

Eli The Yahoo.9782

Please ANet – allow a user to enable/disable culling. the game has became unplayable and i really don’t want to lower shader,shadows and all the other highquality graphics just to play

(edited by Eli The Yahoo.9782)

Kahzi.5467

Please ANet – allow a user to disable culling. the game has became unplayable and i really don’t want to lower shader,shadows and all the other highquality graphics just to play

I don’t think you understand what culling is.

Eli The Yahoo.9782

i meant enable/disable – culling is when they limit the amount of details on screen

(edited by Eli The Yahoo.9782)

Kahzi.5467

i meant enable – culling is when they limit the amount of details on screen

You can enable it. Use the wvw culling options, they’re presently mislabled. The problem is why we need culling in the first place.

Posted by: DJRiful.3749

DJRiful.3749

It’s still there… WvW Character Limit, WvW Character Quality under Graphic Options.

Stormïe ~ Tarnished Coast | My little monster <3 – http://valid.canardpc.com/6nbdeq

Posted by: SolarNova.1052

SolarNova.1052

Where abouts in game are u getting this lower fps ?

3930k 4.6ghz | NH-D14 Cooler | P9x79 Pro MB | 16gb 1866mhz G.Skill | 128gb SSD + 2×500gb HDD
EVGA GTX 780 Classified w/ EK block | XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res/Pump | NexXxos Monsta 240 Rad
CM Storm Stryker case | Seasonic 1000W PSU | Asux Xonar D2X & Logitech Z5500 Sound system |

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

The removal of culling is like a cop giving a speeder some nitro for his car.

The removal of culling while good on paper is just stupid since most systems will not be able to play with the level of character detail that they are used too.

I went from 45+fps in LA to 20ish fps in LA with Highest/Highest setting in the WvW tab(lol wvw tab for pve…..) Playing around with the settings didn’t seem to really matter for detail but the amount of culled characters did make a noticeable change. I was a 60fps on Lowest/Lowest.

Why in the hell would you remove culling for PvE when people are having performance issues? Why make them tied to WvW settings?

FIX YOUR GOD kitten ENGINE before you start placing the onus of settings onto the end user.
GW2 is and will always remain the worst optimized game out there and it will always remain that way.
Expect 0 performance updates. Getting new hardware will not garner any significant results since GW2 doesn’t utilize current and last gen hardware to it’s potential.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: terry.2938

terry.2938

Since clockwork chaos patch, the game is unplayable I cant stay loged on for more than 10 sec without getting dc, I assumed it was my net but on other online games I have no issues. Would be nice to get a explanation to why this is happening , this is very frustrating.

Posted by: ddak.3150

ddak.3150

Stay patient for a while, Wildstar will come out soon

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

I will wait for Black Desert or hopefully something else will come along shortly.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Was fine for me this morning, but has gotten progressively worse as the day went on. If I had to guess I would say it feels like a memory leak slowly degrading the performance. If it gets any worse I may as well be playing slideshow wars 2. Please fix this!

DJRiful.3749

Guys… have you all look into your setting before you do complain about Culling gone yes it will decrease your performances but it’s not gone.

Culling system is always there, BUT now it allows you to control it on CLIENT side instead of SERVER side…

Attachments:

Stormïe ~ Tarnished Coast | My little monster <3 – http://valid.canardpc.com/6nbdeq

SolarNova.1052

My settings and FPs in LA (busy LA)
MAX & Supersampling Except Reflections on terrain and Sky.
Culling: Highest characterl imit. Medium Texture Limit (same options i always use for WvW)
Resolution 3200×1800 downsampling.

FPS in Busy LA: 35-60.
Not as smooth as it used to be (55-60), but so long as its above 30 i can deal with it.

I agree though they NEED to split PvE and WvW culling options. but more importantly…they NEED to sort their game Engine out, its soo poorly optimised for the job thats being asked of it.

3930k 4.6ghz | NH-D14 Cooler | P9x79 Pro MB | 16gb 1866mhz G.Skill | 128gb SSD + 2×500gb HDD
EVGA GTX 780 Classified w/ EK block | XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res/Pump | NexXxos Monsta 240 Rad
CM Storm Stryker case | Seasonic 1000W PSU | Asux Xonar D2X & Logitech Z5500 Sound system |

Posted by: Espionage.3685

Espionage.3685

Guys… have you all look into your setting before you do complain about Culling gone yes it will decrease your performances but it’s not gone.

Culling system is always there, BUT now it allows you to control it on CLIENT side instead of SERVER side…

This. The patch notes said “server side culling”. Didn’t say anything about client-side culling though, and according to some people, the WvW culling settings in the options also affect PvE culling.

If anything, this is better. Why artificially limit players with a server restriction, instead of letting them control the level of detail theirself? If I want to see everyone at any time and get 10 FPS, let me :p

DJRiful.3749

This. The patch notes said “server side culling”. Didn’t say anything about client-side culling though, and according to some people, the WvW culling settings in the options also affect PvE culling.

If anything, this is better. Why artificially limit players with a server restriction, instead of letting them control the level of detail theirself? If I want to see everyone at any time and get 10 FPS, let me :p

You got it the other way around. Before it was server side, now it is client side. Look at the screenie, those option were there for WvW only before this week patch.

What Anet did was implement the same option from WvW to PVE world now. They also corrected the option typo by removing “WvW”.

If you play around those 2 settings, it’s the same way how previous culling works. Since many people see drop of performances because those setting at at default “High”. The server side culling was at “Medium”. Server side culling did not have “Quality” option before these 2 options exist month ago for WvW only.

Posted by: Akapone.8402

Akapone.8402

just got the patch – all graphics always maxed out – always got 25-40 FPS.
now i get 3 FPS

Same here!

The Performance is worse than before, even with the Culling Settings “Low”!

(edited by Akapone.8402)

DJRiful.3749

Have you guys try to clear Local.dat file? It will reset your Graphic setting to default.

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

It’s still there… WvW Character Limit, WvW Character Quality under Graphic Options.

Too bad it doesn’t work.

I used to get solid 55 to 60fps looking at the forge from the Lion’s Arch bank.

Now even when those settings are set to low, I can barely get mid 30s. I have an i5 3570k OC to 4.4 and a gtx 670 which is well above average for specs. I shudder to think what mid to low end systems will be like.

SolarNova.1052

The place with the worst possible performance to test, outside of WvW zergs, is the northern most waypoint in LA. go there, look towards the forge, zoom out as far as u can and see what u get.

Posted by: Elysios.9274

Elysios.9274

The problem was a Windows update.. I restored my system and now the game works normally

(edited by Elysios.9274)

Posted by: yumbotuff.5642

yumbotuff.5642

Well, I’m glad I’m not the only one. Sigh.

Posted by: BruderTack.8429

BruderTack.8429

Everything was fine yesterday evening, but it’s unplayable after the patch.
I’m standing in Lion’s Arch at the bank and have 7 fps! Please rollback the patch!

Posted by: Shorty.9873

Shorty.9873

The only thing I don’t really care for are all the name plates. I have them turned off but they still show for characters in the distance. I really don’t like seeing all the dang names cluttering up my views of LA!

Posted by: willxcore.6125

willxcore.6125

Everyone check and post your CPU usage. I can’t get more than 20% on all 4 cores. There is some serious bottle-necking going on and changing any of the in game settings has 0 effect on performance.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I’m getting 60-70% on my quad core.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes