Order of Tyria switched from Vigil to OOW

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Valderon.1978

Valderon.1978

Hello, I recently ran into an issue where I was using my character in the Vigil to help a friend in OOW. We were both on the quest where you are supposed to watch Destiny’s Edge in Lion’s Arch, so when the quest completed I accepted credit. However, now my character is no longer in the Vigil, and I am instead stuck in the OOW storyline, even though during the quest to choose an order I chose the Vigil.

Has anyone else ran into this? Any idea how to fix it? Arenanet has been entirely unresponsive to my multiple tickets/reports.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Valderon.1978

Hello, I recently ran into an issue where I was using my character in the Vigil to help a friend in OOW. We were both on the quest where you are supposed to watch Destiny’s Edge in Lion’s Arch, so when the quest completed I accepted credit. However, now my character is no longer in the Vigil, and I am instead stuck in the OOW storyline, even though during the quest to choose an order I chose the Vigil.
Has anyone else ran into this? Any idea how to fix it? Arenanet has been entirely unresponsive to my multiple tickets/reports.

I posted this before, and someone sent me to these links:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Help-Personal-Story-derailed/first#post4244169
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Moved-from-one-Orders-story-to-another/first#post4347642

which supposedly solve my issue, and then the topic was locked.

the threads claim that if I just do the next part of the story quest, it will straighten itself out, and I will be back on track with the Vigil. However, I tried this, and it did NOT work.

I would try a second quest along the OOW story line to see if that worked for some reason, but with the new personal quest system, I would have to level all the way to 40 first, then do about a dozen quests before that “story step” ended and I could see if my next one was with the Vigil, and I don’t want to put that time and effort into a character I may have to delete.

So, I am hoping for a straight answer from Arenanet: is there a way to fix this problem or not?

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

You will return to the “normal” storyline for your character on completion of the current storyline (not story step), assuming you don’t do the final step with a character from another order and accept their progress/decisions. This is so two players can go through the story together if they wish—it warns you that accepting progress at the end of the story step will accept ALL choices made by the other character.

Valderon.1978

So will I ever have access to Vigil story quests on this character?

To clarify, are you saying that after I complete all the story quests made available at level 40 on this character (without grouping with anyone at all, to be careful), then the one’s made available at level 50 will be the Vigil quests?

(edited by Valderon.1978)

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

Each storyline is one chapter long. So at the end of the chapter, it will look at your character to determine the next storyline, unless you accept another character’s progress/decisions again.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Hello, Valderon. I closed the thread, believing that your questions had been addressed. That’s an efficiency step to reduce time spent rereading threads time and time again once the resolution seems posted. Once the answer is given, it’s closed.

I apologize that in this case you had continued questions, so I’ll leave this open in case you have more to ask.

Thanks to Jeffrey for providing the valuable information he’s been able to give on this oft-asked question.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Valderon.1978

Yes, thank you very much Jeffrey. I will feel I can resume playing my guardian with peace of mind, thanks to you— he was quickly becoming my favorite character. I appreciate the clarification between a story quest and story arch. While I have your attention, might I suggest removing the timer for decisions like accepting credit and changing one’s personal story as I did? Accidents like this will be especially annoying now that personal story quest chains are spaced 10 levels apart.

I appreciate the legitimate response. I would like it if you could perhaps hold this topic open until I have leveled the character in question to 40 and taken the relevant steps to see if he gets back in the Vigil (to my understanding, finish the current arch and just don’t group with anyone to be safe)? If it all works out, I promise to come back and shower you with praises.

Valderon.1978

I have just gotten my character to 40 and completed the story step that I had been glued to after partying with someone from the OOW. But I was instructed to select my next story step (assisting one of the tribal races) from an OOW agent before the quest could be completed. My next quest is then still associated with the OOW, correct?

When will I finally be able to do something related to being in the Vigil? This game is heavily based on the idea that the player should have a personal story he or she gets to choose, but for the last 20 levels, I haven’t been able to access any of the options I wanted. I chose to be in the Vigil, but have instead been stuck in the OOW, whose quests I have entirely completed on another character.

Posted by: GM White Noise

GM White Noise

QA Embed

Hi Valderon!

The story mission where you choose which race to assist is still part of your current chapter which is why you’re being asked to talk to the Order of Whispers NPC. Go ahead and pick which race you’d like to assist in order to advance to the next chapter. Once you have done this, please double-check which faction you belong to and let us know if you have not been placed back in the Vigil as Jeffrey described.

The easiest ways to check are your Story Journal in the Hero panel, or by visiting the armor and weapon merchants selling Vigil arms and armor.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Just a note that GM White Noise is legitimate; he’s a member of the ArenaNet Team. We just need to get him his red hat and his gifts from the Welcome Wagon™.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Michael Henninger.7451

Previous

Michael Henninger.7451

Game Support Lead

Oh, poor GM White Noise got robbed of his pretty banner!

GM Delicious Intent
Twitter: @ANetCSLead
GM Delicious Intent.5928

Posted by: Nate Anabe.6091

Nate Anabe.6091

Oh, poor GM White Noise got robbed of his pretty banner!

Frog did it!

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
—Napoleon Bonaparte

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

GM White Noise was trying to be stealthy. Proof that Anet trains their own ninja mods!

Valderon.1978

I haven’t helped the tribe yet (I chose the grawl), but right now in my personal story journal, there is chapter called “Death From Below”, with a quest called “Assault The Hill”. There description says, “For my first act as a Vigil recruit, I joined Thurkill in defending the Durmond Priory and Ogden Stonehealer……Thurkill sent me to Lion’s Arch to meet my new Vigil partner”.

So, I know I was in the Vigil at some point. I will post again after I have helped the grawl — hopefully it will straighten itself out then.

Posted by: GM White Noise

GM White Noise

QA Embed

If you’ve begun helping the grawl things may have already worked out. To confirm, try visiting both the Order of Whispers and the Vigil arms and armor merchants. If the Order of Whispers will not show you their wares but the Vigil will, then you’ll know you are associated with the correct order.

Order of Whispers: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Order_of_Whispers#Bases

Vigil: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vigil#Bases

If the Order of Whispers merchants allow you to buy their arms and armor, please let us know and we’ll go from there.