Others' Inappropriate Character Names

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Hi, Gaile. I hope you had a great holiday!

However, I must ask, will the employees responsible for handling in-game “Inappropriate Character Name” reports be returning from holiday vacation soon? I ask this because I have reported many players daily since early December who have swear words, sexual acts, a request for a sexual act, pooping/defecating, real world terrorist organizations and other inappropriate elements in their names, yet they are still running around and have not had to change their names. I have these players all on my block list to keep tabs on them so I know they still have not had to change their names. I can only attribute this to these type of reports not being looked at due to the holidays…but the holidays are over.

I know this has also been discussed before, but would they be more likely to receive attention and something be done about them if I/we refrain from submitting these in-game reports and instead file them manually through the new support website?

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

There is a serious issue with game enforcement and consistency and it’s in dire need of a revamp or perhaps a new employee to take the reins. I’ve done the same thing numerous times (reporting in-game character or guild names that are clear violations) and watch them continue to go about even weeks after the report (some to this day and it has been months).

Gaile told me submitting an in-game report allows them to be “acted upon within minutes.” I’ve never seen that happen with inappropriate names, foul language, homophobic or racist statements, or chat spam. But I’ve been reassured they’re all dealt with and that we’re not being lied to.

Also I highly suggest you do NOT submit a support ticket or you will get a strongly worded e-mail from Gaile and consequently have your legitimate tickets tossed out (allowing the violations in the second paragraph to continue happening with no recourse).

People really need to take a stand and be vocal about not just the police state of the forums, but the game’s operations in general, including but not limited to topic at hand. Not to mention refrain from financially supporting them unless they can get their act together. I eagerly await my infraction for speaking the truth, as it merely solidifies my case.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

Posted by: Rayar Blackstar.2670

Rayar Blackstar.2670

Hey, Teege.4623, it’s clear you have some kind of personal issue, but, really, instead of provoking to get yourself in trouble (which would serve nothing but make you look foolish and eventually not being able to take part on the forums at all any longer), you may want to ponder how to express yourself in a manner that actually furthers the issue.

As for being reacted upon: That does not always automatically mean the GMs will perma-ban the person you just pointed out. Heck, it can even mean that the name may be considered bad to you, but not to others. And in the end, ANet has to consider that the person whose name is up for consideration is as much a customer as I am, when I click report.

Heck, I have had one of my names changed in another game, because people felt I was trying to call my character something third reich related – yet I did not even nearly aim for that area.

Report other players… but don’t add them to friends’ lists or similar to “Watch the Watchers” – in the end, the little kick you might get for seeing the name changes may not outweigh your disgruntlement at the name not being changed. Report, move on. It’s really the healthiest thing you can do.

Posted by: Moderator.9532

Moderator.9532

Please use the ingame report function to report player names that you find offensive. As this discussion is not about an account issue, this topic is closed.