''Overwolf''

''Overwolf''

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: KiloG.8713

KiloG.8713

‘’First of all, i have no idea where to post this question so if an admin/mod move it to the right category it will be awsome.If u moved the topic please delete this’’

I use Overwolf for browers than i discovered ‘’Gw2 Apps’’, I would like to use an App, but is it allowed, do i get banned or somthing? I would like to get a response from an Admin/Mod.

A warrior does not give up what he loves, he finds the love in what he does

''Overwolf''

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

Overwolf is an app that over lays message services on top of a game, as long as an app does not change or modify the data stream to and from the game server. Also as long as an app does not automate multiple key strokes you are OK. So Overwolf is OK to use but just to let you know it has been reported that it may drastically reduce your FPS.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

''Overwolf''

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

As was mentioned, Overwolf is an overlay. The main TOS rules against applications is that it can’t change any of the game data or change something in game. There is also something about giving an “unfair” advantage. Overwolf does neither as the timer app is the same as if you just kept a stopwatch and the Overlay doesn’t change anything in game, but monitors using the API’s that Anet has released and sometimes user input for the timer itself.

Your FPS drop is pretty much directly correlated to your hardware, you have decent hardware you wont notice it.

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

''Overwolf''

KiloG.8713

So, if i download like ‘’World Champion Boss’’ App its allowed, but only my FPS get’s low?

''Overwolf''

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

Your FPS wouldn’t or shouldn’t drop more than a few (1-5) something that isn’t noticeable, but yes.

ArenaNet doesn’t officially support it mind you, but you wont get banned either.

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

''Overwolf''

KiloG.8713

Thank’s guys