Players Awaiting Help [merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Rotn.5301

Rotn.5301

I played all morning. Go to the beach with my kid and wife and now my account is permanently banned? I barely even chat in this game to anyone but my friends. I assume I was hacked. Have yet to receive a response on my ticket.

120904-000241

ArenaNet you guys are stellar I need your help!

Posted by: Shoitaan.7405

Shoitaan.7405

Ticket number: 120827-001245

Hello

I used my book of influence and earning 1000 influence was reflected in my personal achievements but there was no impact on my guild. I was definitely representing the guild – I was and am still the Guild Leader. Since then, other guild mates have managed to use their books no problem but my contribution remains without the 1000 from the book. The guild log shows no such even occurring.

regards

Posted by: Impact.6213

Impact.6213

Still waiting on a response about how I spent real life money and didn’t receive any of the items that I bought. Seems like fraud to me. (only response I got was to tell me that I wont get a response for a while).

Posted by: Honoris.8469

Honoris.8469

Hello

My husband has been locked out of his account since Friday (August 31st (corrected)) at about 10am EDT. We were hoping to be playing together but, that is not happening. can someone..anyone PLEASE unlock his account so we can start playing together?!?!?!

Original ticket no responses:
120831-014378

Submitted when hacking was a presumed possibilty as per Arenanet instructions for tickets older than the 31st:
120903-006916

Email authentication reported that it worked just prior to the first ticket though no account based mails have been received.

Please help!

(edited by Honoris.8469)

Posted by: Echo.7259

Echo.7259

Well if they told me I was out of luck, I would just start a new character on this account, I wouldn’t be THAT far behind, maybe like a few days an a couple good names behind, but I would live.
I’m mostly just trying to obtain resolution, or even a response at all. I am sorry yours didn’t go so well tbh.

Posted by: painkiller.4738

painkiller.4738

I opened ticket number 120830-007345 on August 30th because my retail serial number linked to the wrong account. It has been 6 days and I have heard nothing. I am unable to log on to the actual account to use this forum, but this is the account that the serial number applied to. Please get back to me as soon as you can.

Posted by: Echo.7259

Echo.7259

July 31st? You sure about that date?…..

Posted by: Qaletaqa Hania.9658

Qaletaqa Hania.9658

July 31st wasn’t a Friday. I think you mean August 31st.

Honoris.8469

Right..sorry. Friday August 31st.

Posted by: samuel.3154

samuel.3154

My friend is level 80, he was playing PVP all night long, till 7:00am more or less, then, he disconnected and went to sleep. He wake up, and when tried to login, the launcher said something like “this e-mail don’t have GW2 account”. Then, he checked him hotmail account and seems that someone hacked it at 7:33am and changed the address account so he cant play and cant take him account back.
He changed the password and everything so he only wants to do a recover of him account, he don’t know if the stole something so he things that the best way to solve it is giving him account back like before the e-mail address changed. He have all kind of information, VISA, paypal information, email and everything, and he found an e-mail of Guild Wars 1 saying that the referee of the account is him e-mail, so he can prove that the account was been hacked and he didnt changed anything.

The reference number of him ticket is: #120904-005254

Thanks a lot for your cooperation.

Posted by: Arakal.2734

Arakal.2734

Posting for a friend, he can’t log in due to incorrect password it says. He has written several tickets but to reset the password but even after he got a link for that and reset the password but he still can’t log in. The last ticket is for hacked account.
Reset Password [Incident:120904-000266][Incident:120904-000667]
Hacked Account [Incident:120904-002328]

Thanks.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Skaag.2954

Skaag.2954

Hello,

My friend is currently having issues with his hacked/banned account. He is unable to log in to the game or forums at this time. Please help.

Ref# 120904-010890

Iceheart / Skaag [RUN]
Elementalist Corndog General

Honoris.8469

Password reset has just been done ( email sent) but, still reports incorrect password and does not allow access.

Posted by: Perfect Stranger.8421

Perfect Stranger.8421

I have the same problem as well. I reported the bug in-game on Sunday August 26th.

I have since moved servers from Blackgate to Stormbluff Isle and would appreciate it kindly if my influence from the Book of Influence was applied on to my guild’s influence on Stormbluff Isle as opposed to Blackgate!

Posted by: coolmoon.7219

coolmoon.7219

I woke up on Friday 31st to my account being banned for “engaging in or assisting with gold or item sales for real-world money”. I have never done such transactions with my short time in Guild Wars 2.

My account activity showed that my account was presumably “hacked” 30 minutes before I attempted to connect by someone in china, and my sibling was able to confirm that my character was currently online and in-game. My character was still logged on for up to 10 more minutes before he disconnected (my character was online even though the account was banned, which I found fairly weird by itself).

I sent an “ask a question” report subjected account appeal from the NCsoft support website ( https://help.ncsoft.com/app/ask ) and not the guild wars 2 website so I am not sure if the confirmation email I received contains the correct ticket you are requesting.

the support-ticket I received was 120831-016450

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

If you are awaiting a response from Support about your compromised (hacked) account, please know that this is the team’s top priority and an agent will respond to you as soon as possible.

If you are awaiting help on another issue, please understand that helping players who were victimized by hackers is our top priority, even while we are working around the block to help everyone with every legitimate issue.

To help Support help you:

• Please do not submit duplicate tickets.
  • Please do make sure your ticket includes all the information requested here.
  • If you were hacked, or think you may be under scrutiny as a potential victim, please do change your password, and do it again if the agent suggests you do so after he/she has helped you regain access to your account.

Thank you for your patience. I will merge threads about this topic into this thread to keep things organized.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Posted by: ExiledDiclonius.1653

ExiledDiclonius.1653

Hello. I know that support in arena net have full hand’s of work. But I need to ask how long it takes them to reply mails. I submitted my ticket 6 days ago without any reply and I must admit that it’s starting tokitten me off a little bit after so long time. Starting from a fact that my main character wont have name reserved in GW1 and that I’m 10 euro short after purchasing gems during bwe3 that supposed to be on my account after release date.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Hi,

While I appreciate that this is an important issue to you, I hope you will understand and agree that helping people with compromised accounts or other game-breaking issues is and must be our priority.

Further, at this time Customer Support does not have a means to adjust your Influence. We’re sorry, but it’s simply not something that we can do.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Nixeon.5012

Nixeon.5012

hi i submitted a question ticket on 9/02 , they stole gold from me twice.
at 1st i thought i lost gold cuz of a server transfer,but it turned out a hacker
took my gold. anyways theirs more details in the ticket.

Reference # 120903-001772

thanks
- Nixeon

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

You should have received an automatic answer immediately. You should also have received an email that gave you an update and asked you to refresh your ticket (through the one that you received) if you still needed help.

Please open your ticket and make sure that it includes all the info posted here so that the team can help you more quickly.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: kemaru.9401

kemaru.9401

Hi, since 30 August I can’t because I’m Banned but no one responds to my ticket’s
I can’t loggin

In English →
Hacked Account – Ticket submitted August 30 – Ticket number 120830-009267"
120904-006554 unresolved
04/09/2012

In Spanish →
Hacked Account – Ticket submitted August 30 – Ticket number 120830-009267"
120904-005224 unresolved
04/09/2012

Problem with my account: Banned for no reason
120831-020406
Update with more info but unresolved
31/08/2012

Posted by: kataboy.6581

kataboy.6581

Hey I am posting for a friend because he can’t log in, His e-mail associated with his account was changed. this is his ticket

Reference #120903-013056

Posted by: Shoitaan.7405

Shoitaan.7405

In which case would it be out of line for me to ask for a new book of influence? The point of the book is to give to your guild and given the book I got with my collectors edition (which I paid a great deal of extra money for) didn’t have any effect, surely it’s not out of line for me to receive another one?

Posted by: Aero.8160

Aero.8160

On Aug 30th I received multiple emails stating that someone is trying to log-in to my GW2 account. On the morning of Aug 31st my account was banned for RMT. On Sept 3rd, I was contacted by GM Verminthrax that s/he had reset my password, and I followed the link to change my email from the randomly generated one. After changing my password, I try to log-in only to see that my account is still banned. Now, I have received no reply since then from anyone. My support ticket numbers are as follows:
Hacked Account – Ticket submitted August 31 – Ticket number 120831-015403
120905-000036
Updated
09/04/2012

Blocked/Suspended Account
120831-015403
Updated
08/31/2012

Still waiting,

Aero.8160

Posted by: Elsefyre.1924

Elsefyre.1924

Something similar is happening to me… My account was told that I must activate the retail code when I already have… Somehow I was able to change my log in e-mail from .COM to .CA and it finally allowed me to log in & verify but the problem was not only every single one of my pre-made characters were erased (customization, names & everything), I was being asked to pick a home world, the character slots went down from 8 to 5 which is a real real bummer that I wasted an extra $35 on a product that doesn’t work for me (for me) – I tried to keep faith on the game even though a lot of people kept on degrading the game saying, “it’s not innovating anything” and this is what I receive in return… When I try to log in the .COM e-mail it says that I must activate the retail code so I believe that it still exists w/ my characters… I’m 100% sure that I wasn’t blindfolded and that I placed the retail code on .COM rather than .CA but I never got any e-mails when it was .COM. I can only imagine what the people who’ve purchased 7 additional character slots feel… I can only imagine… It’s really annoying… I now learned that it’s not worth pre-purchasing an online game w/ all the head-aches that’ll come w/ the inevitable launch fixes that have to be done… Totally not worth in exchange of being ABLE to PLAY on day 1… Oh wait… (Well I WAS able to play at the 3 day head-start but when the ‘grace period’ ended that’s when I got screwed over)

Posted by: Sohama.3682

Sohama.3682

Ticket submitted August 31 – Ticket number 120831-012281.

My account was hacked, and they get my account back sunday( 08/02/2012), but I found that my account was also terminate permanent. I created the issue and replied the email. no response until today, but I received an copy & paste response from it(I provided all of the information already – 5 days ago!!!). wth. see following for the response the email.

Hello,

The following message is being sent to Guild Wars 2 players reporting account hacks. I apologize for the delay in our response; we have an unusually high ticket volume which we are working through as quickly as possible.

If you do not have a Guild Wars 2 account, or have not lost access to your account, you may disregard any further messages you receive on the subject, as you should be in no immediate danger.

If you have not provided the following information, please reply with the following information:

1. If your Guild Wars 2 account name has been changed, provide the account name (your secure email address) you want it changed back to.
2. What is your complete Guild Wars 2 Display Name [Name.####] (if you have it)?
3. What is your 25-digit Guild Wars 2 Serial Code?

We look forward to your response. We appreciate your understanding during this busy time. If you have questions, please reply to this message rather than create a new support ticket.

Regards,
GM Lloyd
Guild Wars Support Team
http://support.guildwars2.com/

p.s. Arenet, I bought my ce version from ebgame, I know i wasn’t able to get refund from ebgame. But since i wasn’t be able to play it all since I get the game at 08/28/2012, please let me know if I can get refund from you. I am willing to ship the box back if it is possible.

Thanks,

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Savage.7308

Savage.7308

I tried to log in one morning and it said I was banned for RMT and so I checked if any other IP had tried to access my account but nothing appeared.

First Ticket Posted on 31st (closed)
#120901-001243
Reformatted Ticket Posted on 2nd
#120903-002485

Posted by: rbigdog.9357

rbigdog.9357

I have a similar problem, I was hacked but did end up getting access to the game back, for 2 hours that is. While i was playing my account was permanently terminated due to the role i had played in cash for gold operation. Now I’m no genius but i would think you don’t have to be one to figure out that was the hacker that you just returned my account from that played this role. Three days deep in this termination and 6 days total, counting the hacking, I’m starting to get impatient. The Email sent with the info on how to get back into my account that i received said to reply to that email if i had any problems. I did and would think it should be taken care of since its totally Anet’s fault I’m waiting this time.
Account login compromised [Incident: 120831-011597]

Posted by: Sohama.3682

Sohama.3682

Ticket number
120831-012281 (08/31/2012)
120902-014965

Posted by: Ashmedai.8736

Ashmedai.8736

Would be pretty awesome if they actually fixed that account…. That’s my buddy there I been waiting to play with

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

We do not have the capacity to give you another book. The team is working on CE items right now and that may address your issue.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

He has submitted three tickets relating to his account being hacked by gold sellers, and has only received one response about something entirely unrelated. The ticket numbers are as follows: 120831-017385, 120903-008371, 120904-010682. No account access since the 31st, and your wiki said everyone who has submitted a ticket before the 1st has been helped. Please escalate and respond to these tickets.

That’s one of the problems. Sending three tickets is delaying his response. The team will assist him after the tickets are reviewed and merged. I cannot give a timeframe at present.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Darkbaube.3186

Darkbaube.3186

My friend cannot log in since he was hack. He got a answer but the answer he got didn’t work because the new password you give to him don’t work.

khali.4602
#120901-003115

Posted by: ONEone.4823

ONEone.4823

my ticket is 120902-003411, i submitted it saturday night even though the ticket date is 9/2 on the code.

my guess is that i was hacked and a gold seller was using my account. i have updated my ticket according to the guidelines (except for the serial number, i don’t recall seeing one when i bought it directly from Anet). i’ve received nothing in email about what the issue was or any resolution.

i would really love it if i could get back in the game and play tomorrow, i was really enjoying myself…

ticket: 120902-003411

Posted by: TravelingMan.6953

TravelingMan.6953

I’ve got the same problem. Used the Tome of Influence on the first day of the head start, but it didn’t do anything other than vanish (and I was representing my guild).

I agree that there are other, more pressing issues, and I will be patient. I do hope that we will get the influence credited to us at some point in the coming weeks, though, since it’s an important (to me) bonus of the more expensive editions of the game.

Thanks, and I do appreciate all the work that has gone into the post-launch fixes.

Posted by: Aero.8160

Aero.8160

Yea the GM who handled my ticket did not unban my account, and apparently, didn’t flag my ticket as unresolved. Seeing as tickets submitted prior to Sept we’re supposed to have been completed. At this point they need to have 24/7 live chat and phone support, because this e-mail crap isn’t moving fast enough for the volume of support tickets they have.

(edited by Aero.8160)

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

If you are awaiting a response from Support about your compromised (hacked) account, please know that this is the team’s top priority and an agent will respond to you as soon as possible.

• Please do not submit duplicates tickets.
  • Please do make sure your ticket includes all the information requested here.
  • Please do change your password, and do it again if the agent suggests you do so after he/she has helped you regain access to your account.

Thank you for your patience. I will merge threads about this topic into this thread to keep things organized.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: behrd.5347

behrd.5347

post was merged. thank you gaile

(edited by behrd.5347)

behrd.5347

using friend account to post this as i dont have access to mine
Ticket numbers: 120901-001605 08/31/12
i had other tickets but i closed them per forum manager request

my account was hacked. ive tried every possible way to get it back i would really love some help on this. havent been able to play in 5 days and i havent heard anything back at all just want to play
i finally got a responce on my Nsoft ticket asking for additional information, even though that information was listed in my origional ticket. i can give you guys any and all info you need to help me get my account back please help

(edited by behrd.5347)

Posted by: TravelingMan.6953

TravelingMan.6953

If there’s a chance you can be a little more specific about what your issue was, maybe one of the CS staff here can provide you with some insight. I know that they are in “prioritize everything” mode right now, so they’re focusing on game-breaking bugs and account-breaking issues. I’ve got a ticket up right now that’s important to me, but low priority overall, and I was told flat out that they wouldn’t get to it for some time.

That isn’t a slam against them, they’ve got limited resources and lots of tickets to work on, but it might take them a while.

Posted by: rbigdog.9357

rbigdog.9357

Where is the phone number to call and give someone an ear full?

Posted by: racta.4250

racta.4250

Had to use a friends account because website claims mine doesn’t exist.

Ticket# 120901-027342 Created: 9/01/12
I tried to log into my account after 2 days of playing and the game claims my account doesn’t exist. I never got any unauthorized access emails or anything else.

I’d just dispute cc charges and buy a new game but you turned off digital sales.

Racta
[Bush] – Dragonbrand

Posted by: ExiledDiclonius.1653

ExiledDiclonius.1653

I did recive autoresponse and updated my question, but without any result’s. That’s why I decided to ask about it here. I just closed previous ticket and submited a new one. I hope that it will get reply during next few days. And by the way thank you for reply. I really appreciate it.

Posted by: tayet.9751

tayet.9751

I included all the info requested for my hacked account on sept2 :serial code,original e_mail, new e-mail, last 4 of credit card…ect but not any of my characters names…i added the display name i thought i chose…will that be an issue?

also i am guilty of multipul submissions of tickets…..sorry i was at a lose for information

original was 120902-013182

ps using wifes account to post

Posted by: Diocletion.2013

Diocletion.2013

I have not received help yet about my compromised account. I came home from work and logged on to see the ban message. My friends who were on ventrilo saw my account come online a couple of hours later. Please help!!! im dying of boredom here

Ticket email:
Submitted from Web – 09/01/2012 09:26 PM [Incident: 120902-002957]?

Posted by: MrEMan.1730

MrEMan.1730

While I appreciate you have a huge backlog of support items and the headstart wasn’t as smooth as could have been.

My request seemed simple enough… link my accounts so I could use my character names and have access to the HOM stuff.

I have done everything on the FAQ and as the instructions suggest have
supplied my Guild Wars username and my GW2 Key.

I am still receiving the message stating that “A server error has been encountered". I know the details are correct.

I did receive a message which was basically check the FAQ with a link that didn’t work.
What do I need to do to get this sorted?

Regards

Posted by: Killakure.4063

Killakure.4063

I am posting for a friend who was hacked because he cannot access his account.

His ticket number is 120903-013341

On Sunday night, his account was hacked and the e-mail address connected to it was changed. He submitted a ticket and, after exchanging a few e-mails, the e-mail connected to his account was changed back. He followed the link in the e-mail to create a new password, and he completed the process on the GW2 website.

After submitting all the new account info, he still cannot log into the GW2 site or the game itself. When he tries to log in to the website using this new information it says, “The e-mail/account name provided does not belong to an account.” When he tries to log into the game it says, “The e-mail address you entered was not found. If you have an active game account, try again. If you’re still having trouble, please contact customer support.”

He submitted another ticked because this new account info is still not working, and he received the generic bot response and replied with all his information (again.) He has not received any response after this.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

While I appreciate you have a huge backlog of support items and the headstart wasn’t as smooth as could have been.

My request seemed simple enough… link my accounts so I could use my character names and have access to the HOM stuff.

I have done everything on the FAQ and as the instructions suggest have
supplied my Guild Wars username and my GW2 Key.

I am still receiving the message stating that “A server error has been encountered". I know the details are correct.

I did receive a message which was basically check the FAQ with a link that didn’t work.
What do I need to do to get this sorted?

Regards

I am sorry for the delay. Have you read this post and followed the instructions? (Apologies if you have, just want to be thorough.)

If you followed those instructions, did you update your ticket when you got an emailed update? If yes to both, may I have yoru 12-digit Incident Number?

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Posted by: nescience.2954

nescience.2954

I’m awaiting help at the moment, not sure if my account has been hacked or if it’s something else.

I received a warning about an unauthorized connection attempt on Friday and when I tried to log in on Saturday (I don’t think I logged in on Friday) I discovered my account had been “permanently banned for a violation of the User Agreement and/or Rules of Conduct”. I have no idea what I could have done to violate any rules, so I think my account may have been hacked.

I submitted ticket #120901-029729 on Saturday, August 1st, and I submitted ticket #120902-010427 on Sunday, August 2 because I think I may have used the wrong support form at first (the first time I submitted, it never asked for stuff like serial key, etc.)

behrd.5347

this post was merged into this thread right as i posted in it, my ticket info is in the post below thank you for merging