Q: regarding verifying of email on launcher

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: LionZero.3479

LionZero.3479

I never had to verify my email before on launcher, i’ve had to verify ip changes before in the past though.

However now i wonder if this is a thing that Anet has in their system so it requires us to confirm this after some time or that it perhaps is related to something more troublesome like Malware.

If anyone has some further info on this, and if it is the latter any possible solutions?

I run nod32 and malwarebytes myself and neither have found anything suspicious.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Do you mean the part where it says Account Name (Email Address)

It used to just say Account Name. However some people were confusing their account name (their email) with their display name (your LionZero.3479 here) and trying to log on by putting in the display name in that spot instead of their account name. It’s a clarification.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: LionZero.3479

LionZero.3479

Info was set normally as email, it just asked me to verify the mail, however no email confirmation or so was send like you have to do when your ip changes and you have to confirm it.

I did do some more checking and did find some malware with the online scan of nod32, so changed pass to be sure.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Ah. Ok. Yeah it never has asked me to verify my email. That does sound suspicious. You might want to change your email/account name if you haven’t already. You can contact support for that.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.