Random Black Screen (Mouse & Menus work)

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

So the past few days I’ve been encountering an error where randomly my screen will just go black. I can still hear music, move the mouse, use the F11 menu, Open the Logout menu (though clicking on these does nothing).

There are also occasions where I’m missing textures from things.

Trying to do a -repair results in the repair failing to respond after a certain point.

I’ve monitored my GPU and overheating isn’t an issue.

What I’ve tried
-repair (fails as mentioned previously)
-Windowed full screen
-Changing router settings
-Leaving the game just randomly running
-Lowering my graphics settings
-Increasing my graphics settings
-Changing specific settings in the nVidia Control Panel that have been mentioned around the internet.
-Redownloading the .dat file

Other Info
Upon checking my appdata, I can see a number of Corrupt .dat items. I have no Crash.dmp.

Previously this was only occurring when changing to Character Select for some reason, but has since stopped happening there but is now happening randomly, with no factors I can reasonably detemine.

I’m at a loss here.

What’s my solution?

Has anyone else had problems with this? How did you solve it?

noice

Posted by: Texon.4590

Texon.4590

i had that problem where my screen go black then it back normal cause of my old gpu driver and when i update it there was another issue that pc was freezing and restart it self so i fix it by download another vbios not from support or anything just find it , i was struggle for 2 weeks , contact nvidia and msi and they tried to help without luck until i find the perfect vbios file for my laptob myself and it fix everything i even use latest gpu driver now

my specs
Msi Gt62Vr Dominator Pro
GTx 1070
Ram 16GB
i7 6700HQ 2.60Ghz
HDD 1TB
SSD 235GB

(edited by Texon.4590)

Posted by: FelipeFlops.9730

FelipeFlops.9730

I have had exactly the same issue for the last 2 days, followed same procedure as you to no avail. Kinda glad I’m not the only one but this really sucks.

Edit: I have also opened the TCP ports 80, 443, and 6112, set exceptions in firewall, used both wired and wireless connections, and updated drivers for everything.

(edited by FelipeFlops.9730)

Texon.4590

can you guys tell me your specs ?

FelipeFlops.9730

Mine are;

i7 6700K
GTX Titan X Pascal
32GB DDR4
Samsung 850 Evo (Game installed on)

Texon.4590

yea 10 series have some problems with vbios , specially if you msi , like i said above i had same problem but with old gpu driver when i update to new i had what i said above after so i had to update my vbios which fix everything atm im using latest gpu driver.

however not sure if you have same issue as mine

FelipeFlops.9730

I think in this case the black screens are more to do with connection than hardware. The black screen is occasionally accompanied by the Code=7:11:3:191:101 error code.

Texon.4590

I think in this case the black screens are more to do with connection than hardware. The black screen is occasionally accompanied by the Code=7:11:3:191:101 error code.

if you have latest driver try to contact nvidia by that link http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/chat/chat_launch which is live chat , select GeForce graphics then give them your specs and ask them for vbios and see if that work for u , good luck , let me know if it works

but maybe your problem is with connection as you say.
in my case wasn’t connection was just black screen then turn on and off and keep going

(edited by Texon.4590)

Texon.4590

and keep in your mind when my screen went black every program i have on kind of crash or something and your connection might use third program and get closed or crash by that black screen which cause lost in connection for you , just what i think.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

This type of black screen, where only GW2 is black but the menus are still accessible, is a bug that is caused when GW2 doesn’t receive a certain packet. Anything involving your connection could be the cause, or it could simply be due to a poor connection resulting in packet loss. You can try running the game on port 80 or 443 (Gw2.exe -clientport 80), or use a VPN.