Re-purchase really?

Re-purchase really?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Zen.8362

Zen.8362

Q:

Dear GW2 staff,

I am really disappointed of your managing and handling this game. It is really great developed by NCSOFT as everyone knows and agree with me. However, your managing the game and it’s content, expansions and updates is terrible awful and all against the “best practices”.

I have the full Game “Hearth of thorns” bought and I just got back online in game to continue with my journey to level up, to level the masteries etc etc. I was even hyped around the new expansion until I saw the message “Please, re-purchase the game if you want to continue your progress…” etc etc…. Really? Is that what you do for that game? Buy the game and asking the players for re-purchase it? Really? That is all against the policy of any country and can be seen as conspiracy. You have never ever stated while buying the product that is for a limited time and after the new expansion, that one will be no longer available and players will be forced to buy it if they want to continue with the progress. Otherwise, they will be taken into a free-to-play account once again and stuck to a certain point of the progress….

Best wishes,
Valentin “Zen” Valev

Re-purchase really?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

A:

You will need to contact the CS Team via the ‘Support’ link above/below to discuss access to your account/Heart of Thorns.

There is no time limit on any purchase (other than the old Arena Tokens, and Two-week Passes, etc.). Perhaps, your CD-Key was found fraudulent, or a refund was issued. No idea.

The CS Team will be able to assist you.

(By the way, ArenaNet develops the game, not NCSoft. ArenaNet happens to be a subsidiary of NCSoft.)

Good luck.

Re-purchase really?

Posted by: Skittish.4539

Skittish.4539

Where did you see that message? because I’ve never seen that message anywhere and I’ve only had to buy the game once so far.

Re-purchase really?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I’m not sure I understand. You have Heart of Thorns (the first expansion to Guild Wars 2); you’re free to play it and all of its content as long as you like. Path of Fire is the upcoming second expansion to Guild Wars 2, and you have to buy it in order to play it once it’s launched. You’re not “re-purchasing” anything; you’re buying the new expansion.

If you’re saying you saw this message ("Please re-purchase . . . ") in-game, then that sounds unusual. What were you doing when you saw that message?

Re-purchase really?

Posted by: Zen.8362

Zen.8362

In game once I logged in. I will post a screenshot, heading back to the game.

Re-purchase really?

Posted by: Astra Lux.2846

Astra Lux.2846

was this for a Living Story episode? I cannot imagine there is a message or situation in-game that would tell you to RE-purchase content you own.

Re-purchase really?

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

Dear GW2 staff,

I am really disappointed of your managing and handling this game. It is really great developed by NCSOFT as everyone knows and agree with me. However, your managing the game and it’s content, expansions and updates is terrible awful and all against the “best practices”.

I have the full Game “Hearth of thorns” bought and I just got back online in game to continue with my journey to level up, to level the masteries etc etc. I was even hyped around the new expansion until I saw the message “Please, re-purchase the game if you want to continue your progress…” etc etc…. Really? Is that what you do for that game? Buy the game and asking the players for re-purchase it? Really? That is all against the policy of any country and can be seen as conspiracy. You have never ever stated while buying the product that is for a limited time and after the new expansion, that one will be no longer available and players will be forced to buy it if they want to continue with the progress. Otherwise, they will be taken into a free-to-play account once again and stuck to a certain point of the progress….

Best wishes,
Valentin “Zen” Valev

If you started out as free-to-play and purchased Heart of Thorns, they would never ever downgrade your account and force you to re-purchase the game, unless there was an issue with the original purchase of the serial key.

If you happened to buy the serial key from a website that wasn’t authorized to sell serial keys for GW2, chances are the seller you got the key from probably purchased it with a stolen credit card. The credit card holder found out, issued a charge-back which invalidated the serial key, and ultimately you end up having the serial key (and all included content) removed from your account.

If that is the case, customer support won’t even be able to help you. They might be able to give you a simple explanation as to why HoT was removed from your account. You would need to contact the website you purchased HoT from and demand a refund, because ArenaNet never gets any money from such websites so they have nothing to refund to you.

Did you happen to purchase HoT from a website called G2A?

There’s something charming about rangers.

Re-purchase really?

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

and they wouldent down grade the game they would lock the account if that happened.
I think the OP have miss read something.