Repairing data Archieve

Repairing data Archieve

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Bluee.1425

Bluee.1425

I was loading the game to the character screen and suddenly I accidentally pulled the plug from the computer. Now, loading the game launcher it’s prompting me to do a game repair. Okay cool. The problem is, the repairing process looks like I’m re-downloading the entire game. Right now i’m at 35% with 10.3GB.

Is this the best way to optimize a fix? Are you guys aware that we have monthly bandwidth.

Commander Champion Magus Bluee of Rata Sum Security [RSS]

Repairing data Archieve

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Ilithis Mithilander.3265

Ilithis Mithilander.3265

Haha, I would be surprised if the people who paid for monthly data usage on the internet was over 5%.

Normally I see people run into this problem when updating the game and something bad happens, not when they’re already in the game. Anyways, like I have said before I’ll say again:
Make sure to have a back up of the gw2.dat file somewhere else. Whether this is on the same hard drive and a different directory or on another hard drive entirely makes little difference. When something like this happens, all you have to do is toss the backup gw2.dat file in the same directory as the other, thus overwriting the bad data. Then, instead of downloading the entire game all over again, all you have to do is patch up from where ever that back up left off.

Primary Guild: Testing Eternity [TE]
Chloe (Version 3):
[i7 930 @ 4.1Ghz (1.3875V) w/Cooler Master 120M][Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (stock)]