Reporting player for botting?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Q:

Where can I submit such a ticket? I know you can report players ingame (which I did), but I also have recorded video feed of the incident.

Do I simply submit a ticket through the support page?

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

You use the ingame function if you rightclick his name. Else its actually giving the support unnecessary work to do. Bots are running in masses out there and it would make a huge effort to work all the videos and screens send.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Right click the name, choose report and choose botting. This will give them access to time, server, character and everything the character is doing at that time. They can’t use a video feed (which can be faked). What they need is metrics from the Guild Wars 2 computers.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Right click the name, choose report and choose botting. This will give them access to time, server, character and everything the character is doing at that time. They can’t use a video feed (which can be faked). What they need is metrics from the Guild Wars 2 computers.

This is accurate. We review reports 24/7/365, and hundreds if not thousands of accounts are closed every month, so this is an effective system.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

This is accurate. We review reports 24/7/365, and hundreds if not thousands of accounts are closed every month, so this is an effective system.

On the one hand I always wondered how ANet decided who was botting or not, a simple fear on my part of being misjudged (I’ve been known to run around in circles for a while trying to get my Slayer achievements). On the other hand of course more transparency in this regards could benefit the botters.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

On the one hand I always wondered how ANet decided who was botting or not, a simple fear on my part of being misjudged (I’ve been known to run around in circles for a while trying to get my Slayer achievements). On the other hand of course more transparency in this regards could benefit the botters.

I think they can see programs that are interacting in an unauthorized manner with the game’s programs. Such as the harvesting bots that go under the map to avoid mobs.