Ridiculously long ticket times.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Alleykay.3704

Alleykay.3704

Its been over a week now since I’ve submitted my ticket. Not even so much a peep from ArenaNet. I was hacked, violated, screwed by some virgin in a foriegn country. I had not set up my authenticator because I was planning on getting a new phone and I didn’t know if it would have the same number. I didn’t know much about authenticators. And if there was a problem with the phone after being set up, would I have to wait extremely long ticket wait times to resolve it? The answer is yes. A hacker got into my account, set up the authenticator and liquidated my character. According to the reciepts I got in my email they tried to charge $300 in gems to my card. Now I understand this is a busy month for ArenaNet. A week with no response about a hacked account, that just bad customer service. Please respond to my ticket.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can update your ticket and inquire about the status of your request.

Good luck.

Alleykay.3704

Been doing that. I am curious if they are investigating it or just put a lock on my account/name altogether. I even got a new card and got things settled with my bank, but for some reason the only thing it doesn’t work with is ArenaNet. Tried to buy PoF for my neice’s account, this account, wouldn’t let me. There are no problems with my card, but ArenaNet sends back a msg, Not Authorized. So I really don’t know whats going on anymore. I am the victim of being hacked, so why does it feel like I am recieving the kitten end of the stick from ArenaNet?

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

How did you deal with the $300 gem charge? If you did a charge back, that may have been the reason why the card is coming up not authorized even when used with your niece’s account. If you haven’t proven to ANet that you were hacked and therefore the charge you charged back was a reasonable usage of the charge back function on your credit card, they’re bound by their contract with Digital River to not allow the card to be used again.

Until the situation with your account is resolved (and I would definitely bring up the lock on your credit card, especially if you did do a charge back), you’re either going to have to use another credit card to purchase things for your niece for the game or wait.

Posted by: blambidy.3216

blambidy.3216

If you were charged with not your authorization you should go to your bank. Not arena net. But go to arena net and then take the card off. Never save your card on games. U never know when or if it will happen to be hacked. Which is a big possibility. Make a whole bunch of tickets till they respond. However it could be the fact that they are biased with that your account hacked cause u can’t log in. A lot of people try to say it to get on other people’s accounts. Prob why they are taking forever to determine it’s not a lie? My tickets only take a day the most for them to respond. Not to forget their servers went down so they could be having catch up with everybody else. Relax. Keep on making tickets till they respond.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Do not keep making tickets until they respond. It will only slow down the process, sending you to the back of the queue. Make one ticket, and one ticket only. You can update the original for any information.

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

Just going to put this there:

You are not special. You don’t get to jump the line. It’s VERY busy right now because of an expansion announcement. A lot of people are either

a) Coming back, can’t access their account
b) Account was hacked and needs help
c) Purchase issues
d) I did this wrong, help me undo it

It’s busy. Anet is very good at answering in the order tickets are received. Busy times the wait goes up to about 7 days. I’m sorry you were hacked, and that you have to deal with a mess, but a lot of people have been hacked and are dealing with messes.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Alleykay.3704

Yeah except we are beyond that 7 day timeframe . Been 9 days and counting. I am trying to be chill, but still going beyond that expected timeframe leaves a sense of unease.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It’s just a guideline, not a promise.

Just an FYI: Compromised account issues have always taken longer to resolve; probably averaging 7 days when ticket resolutions are at the usual 3 days. Thus, it is not unusual for a compromised account issue to run longer than the average for common ticket issues.

Good luck.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

My apologies for giving a time period, though it was merely estimated from reading so many posts and threads on the topic.

Here is a quote from an actual ArenaNet employee that may, OP, put your mind at rest a bit:

As we’ve consistently explained, restorations do take longer than a normal ticket, due to the research involved.

Now, a restoration is not the same as determining account ownership, but both require more research than a ‘regular’ ticket. I’m almost positive there is/are quote(s) addressing this, but I’m a bit tired of searching.

Be as that may, the point is the the CS Team, most likely, has not forgotten you, but due to the complexity of determining account ownership, and the extra high volume at this time, the response time for tickets is, unfortunately, extremely long.

Again, my apologies for the wording of my (meant to be helpful) post.

Good luck.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Missing-items-after-hack-No-help-from-support/first#post2063474

Here’s a quote about tickets ‘of this nature’: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Partners-account-hacked/first#post1084415

And here’s one about account compromises: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Hacked-and-switched-to-different-server/first#post4258031

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I guess you missed the ‘probably’. No matter. They do usually take longer, unless you are suggesting the CS Team no longer takes great care in determining the actual account owner.

Still, just like your lovely in-game mails, I’m always intrigued by what you have to say.

Best of luck.

Alleykay.3704

Alright I get it, takes time to review, guess I am pessimistic by nature. I always expect the worst to happen. =(
I hate having to tell my raid team for a second week I can’t be there when I am serious about raiding and never miss a day.

Alleykay.3704

I guess you missed the ‘probably’. No matter. They do usually take longer, unless you are suggesting the CS Team no longer takes great care in determining the actual account owner.

Still, just like your lovely in-game mails, I’m always intrigued by what you have to say.

Best of luck.

Heh, if they are struggling trying to verify ownership, I would gladly present my Driver’s License and proof that its my account in person. Concidering I live 30 mins away from their offices in Bellvue, WA.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Also, make sure your email account is secure. Compromised game accounts are often accompanied by email account compromises, and as such, the usurper intercepts all email correspondence from ArenaNet. It would be best to change the passwords on all sensitive accounts.

Good luck.

Posted by: Noctover.3205

Noctover.3205

Yep, thought id come and find out whats taking so long, glad to see I’m not the only one waiting. I actually haven’t even played the game.

I purchased the game, base game with HoT, attached the key to my account, downloaded the client, went to login and apparently I’m a permanently banned gold seller (wow i work quickly!).

Put a ticket in 10 days ago, nothing. Basically i withdrew money from a cash machine and set fire to it.

P.S i see a few people who clearly are not waiting for support on here happily able to login looking down from their high horse at people who are clearly frustrated (and rightly so) waiting. Just do you know, waiting over a week to hear anything back as a paying customer from ANY support service is a disgrace and seriously needs more resources dedicating to it. Even BT respond quicker than this (don’t get me wrong, their responses are useless) but still.

(edited by Noctover.3205)

Noctover.3205

OH and i dunno about you guys, but i can’t even access support now.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can always submit a ticket anonymously, or check your email for responses. It’s not required to log-in to communicate with the CS Team.

And, many of us posting have had our accounts banned, and then re-instated by the CS Team for various reasons (such as RMT-trading). Although it can take some time, the CS Team is usually quite helpful. =)

Alleykay.3704

P.S i see a few people who clearly are not waiting for support on here happily able to login looking down from their high horse at people who are clearly frustrated (and rightly so) waiting. Just do you know, waiting over a week to hear anything back as a paying customer from ANY support service is a disgrace and seriously needs more resources dedicating to it. Even BT respond quicker than this (don’t get me wrong, their responses are useless) but still.

That is pretty much why I was griping. Its not really cause of responses. But the fact that I am a paying customer, a regular paying customer too, because I utilize the gem shop quite often. It feels like a slap in the face when you regularly spend money on a game to get your account locked for over a week. I understand they are busy, but this is when you need to start hiring more staff to take on the increasing workload. So the excuse I get when people say “you aren’t paying a sub fee” doesn’t fly when you spend more on item shops then sub fee games. Anyways glad someone understands why I am frustrated, its cause money was involved, my money.

Alleykay.3704

Also, make sure your email account is secure. Compromised game accounts are often accompanied by email account compromises, and as such, the usurper intercepts all email correspondence from ArenaNet. It would be best to change the passwords on all sensitive accounts.

Good luck.

Well they are secured now, although I didn’t state that in an update. Maybe I will update that stating my email accounts aren’t an issue and are secured with a new password and setup with an auth to my phone now.

Posted by: Neverknow.6059

Neverknow.6059

Yep, thought id come and find out whats taking so long, glad to see I’m not the only one waiting. I actually haven’t even played the game.

I purchased the game, base game with HoT, attached the key to my account, downloaded the client, went to login and apparently I’m a permanently banned gold seller (wow i work quickly!).

Put a ticket in 10 days ago, nothing. Basically i withdrew money from a cash machine and set fire to it.

I’m having the exact same issue as you are .

Noctover.3205

Well 11 days in, they have looked at my ticket twice and totally ignored it. Don’t hold your breath.

Neverknow.6059

Well 11 days in, they have looked at my ticket twice and totally ignored it. Don’t hold your breath.

May i ask where you got your CD-key from? I think thats the root of the issue

Noctover.3205

CDKEYS.com. Perfectly legit website.

Neverknow.6059

Sadly thats wher i got mine as well , i guess we found the culprit , i contacted their support and this was their ansewr
"
I understand your situation. However, all our product keys are valid and working when we send them. Once the code is redeemed, it gets linked to the account permanently, and this cannot be undone in any way. Our normal policy, like most other retailers, is that we are unable to issue a replacement or refund on used digital goods as they were sent to your email, valid and unused.

For any technical issues such as yours, please contact ArenaNet support, as they’ll be able to better assist."

I already issued a chargeback on paypal lets see how it goes

Noctover.3205

Lol if it is them i don’t know how they could say its valid when they “Send them” considering 30 seconds later its not. We shall see, it’ll take a while to get through to ArenaNet support.

Noctover.3205

Sadly thats wher i got mine as well , i guess we found the culprit , i contacted their support and this was their ansewr
"
I understand your situation. However, all our product keys are valid and working when we send them. Once the code is redeemed, it gets linked to the account permanently, and this cannot be undone in any way. Our normal policy, like most other retailers, is that we are unable to issue a replacement or refund on used digital goods as they were sent to your email, valid and unused.

For any technical issues such as yours, please contact ArenaNet support, as they’ll be able to better assist."

Just out of interest, did you create a brand new account when you got the key or did you use an old account?

Neverknow.6059

"

Just out of interest, did you create a brand new account when you got the key or did you use an old account?

Old one

Noctover.3205

"

Old one

I think its something to do with the old account personally. I think if the key was bad it wouldn’t have even been accepted on the account.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Here’s what probably happened, Noctover and Neverknow:

There are some sellers on the site you got your keys from that sell keys they obtained with stolen credit cards. Not all of them, mind you. When the owner of the card sees purchases on their card that they didn’t order (TONS of keys for the game), they obviously do a charge back.

The keys associated with that charge back get black listed by ANet and any accounts associated with them are at least temporarily banned due to the contract ANet has with their payment processor Digital River.

While it appears you may not be able to get your money back for the bad keys, you should be able to at least get your account back if you explain where you got your key from and express a desire to get a new one should you have purchased a key that was obtained by the site illegally. You didn’t do anything illegal, though.

Neverknow.6059

Here’s what probably happened, Noctover and Neverknow:

There are some sellers on the site you got your keys from that sell keys they obtained with stolen credit cards. Not all of them, mind you. When the owner of the card sees purchases on their card that they didn’t order (TONS of keys for the game), they obviously do a charge back.

The keys associated with that charge back get black listed by ANet and any accounts associated with them are at least temporarily banned due to the contract ANet has with their payment processor Digital River.

While it appears you may not be able to get your money back for the bad keys, you should be able to at least get your account back if you explain where you got your key from and express a desire to get a new one should you have purchased a key that was obtained by the site illegally. You didn’t do anything illegal, though.

The support ansewred Noctover ticket saying it didnt have anything to do with the key but we were really hacked and used for gold sale. Heres to hoping we get our accounts back