in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Michella Long Legs.4579

Michella Long Legs.4579

Hello All,

I don’t want to repeat posts so I have tried the search feature. No matter what word I input by the fourth letter it always returns “No Results”.

This, to me, is kind of silly. Why have a search feature that does not work well?

Google has a great search program. They even give nice discounts if the site using it will allow searches by Google and some times even have a link to open a mew page and search the entire internet.

As it stands the search feature seems to be useless. Input three character and the fourth gives “No Results” no matter the word.

I posted a message re Black Lion Trading.

I didn’t know where the post was so I type “Blac” and got “No Results”. The subject was “Black Lion Trading Company issues”. I have no idea where that post is and cannot get the search to find it.

ill this be fixed any time soon.

Regards,
Michella Long Legs.4579

Always choose to have a wonderful day.

Posted by: Deepcuts.9740

Deepcuts.9740

I must agree.
I gave up searching on forums because “no results”
Long live google

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

The search has been broken for years. Anet’s last statement on the search feature is they have no plans to fix it as they no longer work with the contractor that made the forum and they don’t want to dedicate resources to it themselves.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/Forum-s-search-feature-doesn-t-work-A-tip/first#post4612877

The Burninator

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Stickies a few places about the Search feature.

Should you want to find your own posts/threads, click ‘Forum Profile’ above, and ‘See all messages by ….’.

Good luck.

Posted by: Michella Long Legs.4579

Michella Long Legs.4579

Hello Again,

A friend at a web development company uses Google for their forums and searching the forums.

He let me know that Google helped keep forums intact while they implemented Google and Google local search. They did not charge for the setup and had very reasonable costs. They even got a nice discount for allowing Google to put “Searches by Google” on their forums.

He noted the difference was amazing. Google facilitated the crossover and stood behind their software and searches much better than original contractor had.

When they had first contractor if there was a problem it was difficult to get them to fix the problem. If they had a problem with Google then Google may even send someone to their offices to help and not even charge for that.

Their original contractor always wanted hundreds of dollars or more to send someone.

My suggestion is contact Google and see what they can and will assist with. This crippled forum is really useless and so far, because I can not search I have had several posts added to an already existent thread.

When I am told that there is already a discussion on my topic I cannot find that discussion.

If this has been broken for a while maybe it is time to fix this so we can have ease of use for the Forums.

It is annoying to not even be able to search and then be informed there is already a discussion on an issue and you cannot search for that thread.

FIX THIS NOW BY CONTACTING GOOGLE OR ANOTHER CONTRACTOR TO HELP WITH GETTING THE FORUMS UP AND RUNNING CORRECTLY. DO THIS NOW SO WE CAN SHARE INFORMATION ACROSS THE FORUMS LIKE YOUR ADVERTISEMENTS SAY IS POSSIBLE AND REALLY IS NOT.

In my mind a working forum is essential to helping me learn a new game and also to see if a problem I am experiencing is occurring with others.

Right now this is not happening and needs to be fixed NOW not later.

“We are not fixing this.” is a cop out and cripples the whole reason behind even having forums.

One huge plus he added was that Google helped migrate forums and once the new system was in place they said they needed for forums to be turned off for four hours which actually turned out to be less than two hours.

There was very little loss of previous posts and Google really helped. Also, Google is very knowledgeable and was cheaper than previous contractor and they are not going out of business any time soon.

Google even has systems in place for smaller community colleges and small non-profits that they provide free of charge to these organizations. I know this because I was at Community College of San Francisco (CCSF) when Google helped them with email and their forums. I recall the switch going very seamlessly and now CCSF has a great email and support system online thanks in large part to Google.

Regards,
Michella Long Legs.4579

Always choose to have a wonderful day.

(edited by Michella Long Legs.4579)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can use Google to search the forums already; just follow the directions in the Stickies.

No cost to ArenaNet, so more content for us. =)

Posted by: Deepcuts.9740

Deepcuts.9740

kitten , a freakin’ forum search now cost a fortune to fix ?)