Serious Performance Issues at Karka Queen

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

Heya there.

Something is really really odd after 15th Patch at Karka Queen, i am already giving up on try to do Karka just because how likely it is to my PC simply lag the hell out and GW2 process to crash / stop responding. (not to talk about the random disconnects i believe we all noticed at world bosses)

I end up creating this thread as sseveral guildies already did stop doing such event because, they also lag / crash / disconnect.

The thing is: It only happens when it spawns on a very specific area, after it reaches 0% and wins back some hp. The area of spawn where is happens is this http://i.imgur.com/iF5G7Vq.png

On all other 2 locations it can lag like hell, but never freezes the game, what certainly hints for a game-side optimization issue causing this to specific players.

The Frustrating thing: When we asap connect back to the game, no loot for us! Chest is gone, and you will not receive it again no matter if you failed to open!
- When you connect back, you usually don’t enter the same megaserver due massive numbers of people leaving the map after the event ends.

After PvE Bosses started to being hardcore zerged we all saw how badly optimized PvE is dealing with massive Zergs of people.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

(edited by Max Lexandre.6279)

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

could it be the fact the entire game instead of server is now at this event?

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Max Lexandre.6279

It’s something to do with the massive zergs on this events certainly, but impossible to test as one can’t simply do Karka with a smaller group of people.

But the odd thing is that i can handle when it spawns the other 2 locations, with massive FPS drops but the PC never freezes when she reaches the first regen of HP, i think something to do with those green aoe attacks she does.

One other thing i forgot to mention but i think everybody already know is how people are disconnecting from the game with network errors on World Bosses.

Asura thing.

Posted by: JoeytheHutt.1742

JoeytheHutt.1742

On Southsun, there are some spots around where fps just sinks, and the game gets sluggish. Even when Im alone those spots are there, exactly at the same locations, with the exact same borders. Been like that as long as I remember.

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

I noticed back in the days of 200% MF Secrets of Southsun farming that if you wander far enough into the eastern seas, the framerate magically goes from squat to near perfectly smooth. There’s a similar spot south of the clothing optional beach, near Pearl Islet – and more locations I’m sure.

There’s something towards the center of the island that causes a massive framerate hit, which apparently isn’t rendered if you wander far enough from it.

There are a number of other zones that are similar – Black Citadel for one. I doubt we’ll see any of them fixed anytime soon, unfortunately.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

Posted by: rgraze.5169

rgraze.5169

Ive had a crash at the same location, yet when I logged back on I still got the event chest but nothing else.

Max Lexandre.6279

This still needs a fix, before 15th it was not a real issue because we always had normal pops of players doing this meta-events, but now it’s a real issue as maps are incredible zerged due the new boss timings.

And simply, PvE can’t handle it well without providing a very poor performance for who is not owning high-end machines.
I feel sad i could play them all with great performance, and now, it’s just … not even skills i’m able to do sometimes.

Asura thing.

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Same problem at Tequatl. I can’t be bothered with either of them anymore.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

Bump on a slightly different related subject

How many of you have noticed connectivity issues while in Southsun during Karka Queen?

Experienced something really odd today – hopped into zone to do the 9:00 scheduled, and was randomly disconnected while doing the Camp Karka pre.

I asked someone who was in map for party and taxi back, only to find people complaining of constant disconnects and severe lag in map.

I dropped an additional two times during the queen fight – as did my entire party at least twice each.

My last disconnect was when queen was at 15% on last health bar – I was dropped all the way to desktop and loader screen. Surprisingly I still got credit for the chest and bonus.

Connectivity was fine before and after, it was only while zoned into that copy of Southsun.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

It’s something to do with the massive zergs on this events certainly, but impossible to test as one can’t simply do Karka with a smaller group of people.

I think the thing is that either anets own servers or the game client or the internet connection itself cannot handle all that data.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain