Seriously, what is up with the lag and fps?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: blakkrskyrr.7413

blakkrskyrr.7413

Since getting my new pc in January and up until about at least a month or 2 ago, I have been getting at most 110 fps and no lag on most maps and about 60 in LA and PvP and that’s on medium-high settings. Now, nothing has changed on my end, but I am getting 20-30 in pvp on low and lagging a crap ton that I can’t even play a match properly, so I don’t play at all after trying out again today since about 2 weeks ago. Really, what is the big deal with this? Nothing has been altered on my end, so what’s the issue?

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

Just because you “didn’t change anything” doesn’t mean it’s not on your end. It could be a driver issue, a part of your computer failing (it does happen).

If you really want to show it’s the game and not you, run GPU-Z and CPU-Z when you’re having FPS issues in game (so, have the game in Windows Full screen, and then run those programs at the same time).

You can also run a ping plotter test to the ip address for the map you’re on to see if there is an issue between you an Anet.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Posted by: Rita.6230

Rita.6230

Just because you “didn’t change anything” doesn’t mean it’s not on your end. It could be a driver issue, a part of your computer failing (it does happen).

Well this is happening to a bunch of us, if you see there are several threads about the same issue all saying the issue started a couple of weeks ago.

Sure it can be on his side, but after reading in game and in the forums and seeing how many people complaining about the same thing, i’m sure it’s not just “his side” anymore.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

The 64-bit client was forced on 64-bit systems just over a month ago. If you weren’t using the 64-bit client already, note that the forced switch could possibly have changed your hardware related settings, such as your graphics. If you’re on a laptop, you’ll also need to ensure that the 64-bit client is using your dedicated GPU. Simply renaming Gw2-64.exe to Gw2.exe can help, as the settings are based on the filename.

You may also want to clean install your graphics drivers.

If you want to go back to the 32-bit client, you can do so by using the -32 option with the 32-bit Gw2.exe. (Gw2.exe -32)

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

Well this is happening to a bunch of us, if you see there are several threads about the same issue all saying the issue started a couple of weeks ago.

Sure it can be on his side, but after reading in game and in the forums and seeing how many people complaining about the same thing, i’m sure it’s not just “his side” anymore.

Several threads, and most of the ones I’ve seen, it’s been an issue with the person’s computer. I’ve seen some where the GPU isn’t seated in the slot correctly, and GPU-Z shows that the GPU isn’t at it’s full power. I’ve seen some where laptops switch from the dedicated to an onboard.

Which is why I gave all the suggestions, to rule out of any of them were the issue. And actually, just so you know, if you update drivers, they can actually be worse then what you currently have. If you update Windows, it can also happen. If you update anything, it can happen. That’s why you need to rule out what could be causing it. Going “Hey Anet, fix” without any information for them to go on will never get a result. They don’t have the ability to look at what is going on with your account unless you create a ticket, which they will make sure everything I suggested is looked at first. Might as well do it on your own and then go from there.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.