Server DC /Crashing 11/15/2016 -11/17/2016

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

I had 408 gems that vanished as well. Those were bought with real money. I have a feeling they’ll reappear, but if not I’ll go through the standard stuff to get them back.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Not sure if this is related, but I lost all of my gems. I had around 2440, I think.

Oh, I’m glad you brought that up (but of course not glad that happened). What I have learned from other players is that when they waited a bit, they got back the things they were missing. (I read this about achievements, titles, etc.) So I would give it a few hours of stability and if you still have issues, then do write Customer Support and they’ll do their best to help you.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Heibi.4251

Crash just happened right after Teq event began. Now I can’t get back in.

Posted by: Phizeke.9536

Phizeke.9536

This looks like a DDOS attack. I just got off work and I wanted to play WvW

[hS] Sir Phizeke
Started on Jade Quarry since Launch now on Maguuma.

Posted by: AzureWolf.9150

AzureWolf.9150

Just DC/d twice fast too. I’m glad I checked here, I was about to see if it was my router

Posted by: Phizeke.9536

Phizeke.9536

I heard that STWOR is also getting attacked correct me if im wrong.

[hS] Sir Phizeke
Started on Jade Quarry since Launch now on Maguuma.

Posted by: Darlgon.9273

Darlgon.9273

Same here, although I’ve been plagued by disconnects since trying to come back to play the game the last two weeks.

Just a FYI, when I came back after a few years, (left before HoT was even dreamed of, and came back this summer), I had weird glitches and DCs. I did a total uninstall, reboot, and then reinstall. It seems that every MMO I play, doing this process when I come back fixes a lot of weird glitches that even the /repair in the launcher exe doesnt fix. Since you been having this a few weeks, that may be your solution, not what Gaile is posting about.

Charrdian, Ashura Mesmer, Norn Ranger, Sylvari Elementalist and Human Magic Engineer

Posted by: Lioki.3276

Lioki.3276

Same here, although I’ve been plagued by disconnects since trying to come back to play the game the last two weeks.

Just a FYI, when I came back after a few years, (left before HoT was even dreamed of, and came back this summer), I had weird glitches and DCs. I did a total uninstall, reboot, and then reinstall. It seems that every MMO I play, doing this process when I come back fixes a lot of weird glitches that even the /repair in the launcher exe doesnt fix. Since you been having this a few weeks, that may be your solution, not what Gaile is posting about.

I thought about doing that, but then lazyness took over and

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

just crashed again

Posted by: SeamusTse.9087

SeamusTse.9087

As we all know About Site Problems, Please Be Patient and let them fix for us.

Anet has in a quick action for such issue, Be patient folks

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

My entire fractal grp just DC’d and then me a few mins later. Now everything’s super delay lagged and no ones returned. /lonery

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Nina.9521

Nina.9521

please help !!!!!

Attachments:

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

Servers showing active again

… just call me … Tim :)

Posted by: Dixie Cougar.2415

Dixie Cougar.2415

Postponed our activities, started organizing activities, got dc’d, got in again just long enough to post that all our scheduled events are canceled, then got dc’d again.

Better luck tomorrow?

Posted by: Paulie.6215

Paulie.6215

Same deal. It’s rough. Playing another game tonight, I guess…

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

argggggg?gggggg

… just call me … Tim :)

Posted by: Blutengel.7089

Blutengel.7089

Can’t even do dailys today due to this DC problem

Posted by: Rasmun.8109

Rasmun.8109

it’s been all day long this are the errors I have,

build 69092
error code 7:1000:7006:462
42:1000:7006:1231
42:0:9001:4402
it’s very annoying , getting disconnect when you are doing fractal or raid or story mission and u have to start over again and again.
I get also in game message on middle of the screen “lost connection with the server check your internet connection” but game still go on…for 10-15 min then crash.
I know you working on it . I read twitter .
I expect a legendary weapon in my mail…as compensation)

Posted by: bird.5920

bird.5920

ANet twitter confirmed it’s a DDoS attack. Level 3 for most of the US is down right now so it’s not just NCSoft being targeted.

Posted by: LadyHawk.5319

LadyHawk.5319

I have dc’d 6x’s trying to complete Acrana Obscura. I am done for the night. IMO, Anet may want to take the servers down while fixing the problem. From my personal experience, those of guildies and what I see in the forums, there is no or little point in getting into instances, metas, etc as you will get dc’d during the course. I had multiple dc’s yesterday during about an hour period, then none after that. Tonight is far worse and I rarely, rarely have an issue so yesterday’s was odd as well.
I know Anet is working hard and will get it fixed, they do a great job.
Have a good night/day everyone =^.^=

Posted by: Jwake.7013

Jwake.7013

yeah the DC’s are happening every 2 or 3 min’s for me, so can’t really play like this. Hope this gets worked out soon, thanks for your guys’ (anet) hard work on this, it’s much appreciated.

Posted by: Bearhugger.4326

Bearhugger.4326

Yep, disconnected. Was in a Living World 3 instance although looking at other posters, it’s obviously game-wide.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

ANet twitter confirmed it’s a DDoS attack. Level 3 for most of the US is down right now so it’s not just NCSoft being targeted.

Too bad they can’t be bothered to pass the info on here.

Posted by: TheQuickFox.3826

TheQuickFox.3826

Guild Wars 1 has connectivity issues as well. Players are getting booted from the game and are unable to log back in for a while.

Ascalon will prevail!

GW Wiki user page  |  GW2 Wiki user page

Posted by: KronosBaelfire.6289

KronosBaelfire.6289

Good to know: it’s not just me

Sad to know: it’s not just me

https://twitter.com/KronosBaelfire
http://gw2style.com/profile.php?id=9298
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” – Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Posted by: Addonexus.6734

Addonexus.6734

I spoke too soon. DC’d 10 mins later after i was able to login.

Posted by: LadyHawk.5319

LadyHawk.5319

Too bad they can’t be bothered to pass the info on here.

Yep – saw the Twitter after I posted (should have checked that first lol )

The ongoing connection issues are due to a DDOS attack. We apologize for the inconvenience and the team is working towards a solution. ~MJK

Posted by: Bgrubz.8271

Bgrubz.8271

Thought I’d just add something I’ve noticed. Shortly after I get booted off for a crash my whole network bogs down to almost a crawl. I have to restart the router and everything for it o come back up and run fine. Then asoon as I log into GWII, I play for 5-10 min…I get the DC again and network bogs back down. Its fine always up till I load GWII.

Posted by: TEKnowledgy.1760

TEKnowledgy.1760

Thought I’d just add something I’ve noticed. Shortly after I get booted off for a crash my whole network bogs down to almost a crawl. I have to restart the router and everything for it o come back up and run fine. Then asoon as I log into GWII, I play for 5-10 min…I get the DC again and network bogs back down. Its fine always up till I load GWII.

It’s possible your ISP uses level 3 communications as a backbone. Since it seems the entire level 3 communications backbone is what’s being ddos’ed. It would affect you in both ways, via game dc and isp as a whole. This is possibly why you may be bogging. My ISP routes through level 3 in Raleigh, nc before heads off to where ever though my isp is not back boned on l3c, think they back bone through sprint.

Check this: http://downdetector.com/status/level3
and the map: http://downdetector.com/status/level3/map/

It’s a massive outages for L3C and seems to be getting worse from what I’ve turned up on google. Seems to have been going on since late oct 2016.

Anyways, I my self wish the attacker(s) would get a life so I can enjoy mine. Been ages since i played gw2 (2 1/2 yrs) just my luck I come back when crap hits the fan for server stability…..

Posted by: Damio Roncartia.7041

Damio Roncartia.7041

Is this still going on? The game is still lagging out for me randomly. And I know it’s not my computer.

Posted by: Bgrubz.8271

Bgrubz.8271

It’s possible your ISP uses level 3 communications as a backbone. Since it seems the entire level 3 communications backbone is what’s being ddos’ed. It would affect you in both ways, via game dc and isp as a whole. This is possibly why you may be bogging. My ISP routes through level 3 in Raleigh, nc before heads off to where ever though my isp is not back boned on l3c, think they back bone through sprint.

Check this: http://downdetector.com/status/level3
and the map: http://downdetector.com/status/level3/map/

It’s a massive outages for L3C and seems to be getting worse from what I’ve turned up on google. Seems to have been going on since late oct 2016.

Anyways, I my self wish the attacker(s) would get a life so I can enjoy mine. Been ages since i played gw2 (2 1/2 yrs) just my luck I come back when crap hits the fan for server stability…..

haha..same here, just when I think…I’ve not played GWII in sometime and feel like actually trying to complete the HoT that I paid for this kitten happens

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Our network team has continued to track this issue, and at the present time, all systems are working properly. As you will be aware, this issue arose due to a DDOS attack, and it continued in that vein for many hours. We’ll continue to monitor and work on this issue should it arise again. In the meantime, our thanks to everyone for your reports and for your patience during what has been a very trying time!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Heibi.4251

Happening right now. Everything move to a crawl, giant lag spikes and DC’s.

Posted by: Sinseeker.6812

Sinseeker.6812

Still happening

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

We’ve noticed connection issues again and are investigating.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Damio Roncartia.7041

Friend and I just got DCed after a massive lag spike. So yeah, still happening.

Posted by: Nikal.4921

Nikal.4921

I had to log out, since nothing worked for me- can’t move anything from bags, can’t tp to wp, etc. I’m like a ghost in the game.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I had to log out, since nothing worked for me- can’t move anything from bags, can’t tp to wp, etc. I’m like a ghost in the game.

Yes, that’s what a lot of us are noting. We’re so sorry and will do our best to get this addressed to the best of our ability and as quickly as possible.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

TEKnowledgy.1760

Our network team has continued to track this issue, and at the present time, all systems are working properly. As you will be aware, this issue arose due to a DDOS attack, and it continued in that vein for many hours. We’ll continue to monitor and work on this issue should it arise again. In the meantime, our thanks to everyone for your reports and for your patience during what has been a very trying time!

Aye, i don’t blame anet nor ncsoft in this case, one really can’t when you understand what backbones are. Most players probably don’t really understand the nit and gritty to this (I don’t entirely just basic things I’m no IT) Most will blame anet over and over blindly, but to be honest probably out of your reach. Unless you switch to different backbone company that’s probably still out of anet’s reach unless ncsoft does the deal.

So really us players just s.o.l. just as much as anet is in this situation and btw as one stated above it’s begun again round 1:20 pm est. For most of the morning on east coast was stable. The ddos attacks seem to be only kicking in after 12pm east and seem to be lasting on into night I’ve been going bed round 11pm east it was ongoing till then. When everything stables out I can not say, maybe a late night player can let us know.

Damio Roncartia.7041

Yes, that’s what a lot of us are noting. We’re so sorry and will do our best to get this addressed to the best of our ability and as quickly as possible.

Nothing you have to apologize for. DDoS attacks are a mess to deal with for any company. So it’s not like it’s your guys’ fault. Just hopefully whatever person or group is doing this is either stopped or gets bored soon.

Posted by: Sonoroho.5093

Sonoroho.5093

The connection seemed to be back to normal last night. I was on until about 3am MST with no disconnections or even lag spikes. I haven’t logged on today yet though.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Nothing you have to apologize for. DDoS attacks are a mess to deal with for any company. So it’s not like it’s your guys’ fault. Just hopefully whatever person or group is doing this is either stopped or gets bored soon.

Thanks, Damio. I wanted to express our regret and our sympathy for the situation. Not really an apology in this case, because you’re right, we don’t “own” this issue. But it’s fair to say we truly understand the irritation felt by for those who are being inconvenienced. We are — I am — right there with ya on that.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

TEKnowledgy.1760

The connection seemed to be back to normal last night. I was on until about 3am MST with no disconnections or even lag spikes. I haven’t logged on today yet though.

Yea looking on that map site i linked previously for L3C.
Looks like stabling out round 1am eastern on up into the morning round 10am eastern, but game don’t seem to affected till 1pmish+ eastern. (but that’s going off those who reported outages time frames of them) Yesterday think it started kicking in round 2pm eastern. My guess it’s constant attack, but prime hours for traffic.

So take into account prime hours for gw2, is about like any online game i ever played. Seems to start picking up traffic alot by 12pm east on up till round 12 am. The way ddos attack works is, just sends large amounts of fake traffic to server(s). So late night gw2 would have lot less traffic. The attack would have little effect, because the servers can handle the traffic load fake and actual. So during the afternoon on into the night players logging in and playing at same time that the ddos attack of fake traffic is causing server to overload and kill the hamster.

Anyways, if nothing else maybe this comment will help some people understand why it’s doing what it is and will help with patients lol. If not least I tried.

Posted by: Evon Skyfyre.9673

Evon Skyfyre.9673

It was Taimi

Previous

Gaile Gray

It was Taimi

Her and her #*%^ experiments, eh?

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Evon Skyfyre.9673

Evon Skyfyre.9673

It was Taimi

Her and her #*%^ experiments, eh?

That little one could make Zhaitan flinch. Lol

Posted by: Cig Halfblood.4015

Cig Halfblood.4015

Crashing out of game every 5 mins or so. Basically unplayable for goals besides simple dailies or instance node farming. Is this still a DDoS?

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

There is a game patch download that and then also repair your client, delete temp files cookies and old search history. Do a disk cleanup a defragmentation and delete old pictures, music and other things that take up space on your computer. Then if that doesn’t help restart your computer do another repair and try opening the client again. Also are you running a 64 or 32 bit client for gw2 and is it a mac?

Its a DDOS attack…

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

There is a game patch download that and then also repair your client, delete temp files cookies and old search history. Do a disk cleanup a defragmentation and delete old pictures, music and other things that take up space on your computer. Then if that doesn’t help restart your computer do another repair and try opening the client again. Also are you running a 64 or 32 bit client for gw2 and is it a mac?

Thanks for the guess work, but that won’t help at all with DDOS attacks(if that is what truly is happening).

Posted by: Shardash.1983

Shardash.1983

Game was fine last night. Downloaded the patch after quit. Start to play today and game is unplayable again (Russia here).