Setup download stops at 10135 kb

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Surfer.4029

Surfer.4029

When I insert the cd, the startup screen pops up, and starts downloading. Once it reaches 10135 Kb it stops. The Kb/s slowly decreases until it hits 0. The screen then dissapears. A few moments later the same screen pops of with 0 kb downloaded and dissapears right away. Please help !

Posted by: MattChernicky.2945

MattChernicky.2945

Technical Support Lead

Next

Hey Surfer,

Can you run our Game Adviser tool and attach it to this post using the “spoiler tag” for me please?

You can download Game Adviser here: http://us.ncsoft.com/gameadvisor/

Surfer.4029

The message body was to long so I attached it to this post.

Posted by: MattChernicky.2945

Previous

MattChernicky.2945

Technical Support Lead

Next

Hey Surfer,

After looking through your Game Adviser I see a couple things that could be preventing you from downloading the game. The main issue is more than likely AVG blocking your download. AVG antivirus has also been historically problematic with blocking Guild Wars 2 from connecting to the ArenaNet servers.

Also, your Intel video card does not meet the minimum system requirements. You may still be able to play though if you can get updated drivers. You can go to Intel’s site at the following link to get the most up-to-date drives: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx?lang=eng

Surfer.4029

The message body was to long so I attached it to this post.

Actually I did that test last night and at that time I was only getting 0 kb ( 0 kb/sec ). I didn’t realize I had McAfee on my computer and I deleted it, I use Avast instead, and after I deleted that it started downloading, but it only downloaded up to 10135 kb and then stopped. I don’t have access to the computer right now because it’s actually my friends computer, but I will check to see if he has AVG when he gets home. Thanks so much for your help.

(edited by Surfer.4029)

Posted by: Nivrim.4951

Nivrim.4951

Hello, I have exactly the same problem. After running the Gw2Setup.exe the downloading stops at the same kb downloaded, the speed goes down to 0 and then I get an error message saying there was some kind of crash.

I made my GameAdvisor test and here it is, hope it’s somehow useful to solve this problem.

Posted by: BigShip.2986

BigShip.2986

I actually have the same issue!

(attaching file because it’s too large to post)

Posted by: zjsilva.2173

zjsilva.2173

having the same problem

PLEASE HELP!!

Posted by: Creature.9476

Creature.9476

I am having the same problem. Attached is my GameAdvisor report.

In short, here is what happens:

1) I insert the GW2 DVD
2) It runs GW2Setup from DVD or I run the downloaded version
3) It runs the loader/installer which will download 10.13 KB and lists at which speed
4) The loader/installer closes and reopens
5) It now shows 0KB/0KBs and closes after being open for a moment
6) Nothing else happens

We do not get an error of an sorts, no error log. I tried running as administrator. I disabled my Symantec AV services from running and placed myself in the DMZ. This computer was freshly installed this afternoon with Win7 x64. I have also tried using -diag and -repair as switches. the -diag switch told me all was well and the -repair switch simply resulted in the same issue. And I can ping both IP listed as ICMP.arenanetworks.com even though the Game Advisor text file says they are not reachable on port 80.

Knowledge is meant to be shared

Posted by: deiphobos.3586

deiphobos.3586

i have the same issues here, creature.9476 put it well with their #1-6.

Surfer.4029

Yeah still having the same problem, couldn’t even find AVG on my friends computer, so I installed AVG on his computer and then uninstalled it just to be sure, but still no luck with the Gw2Setup =P

Posted by: Crylicus.1370

Crylicus.1370

I had that issue and changed the filename to GW2.exe. This, obviously would not work with the disc, so you could download the gw2setup.exe from here.

deiphobos.3586

@ crylicus, i have downloaded the gw2setup.exe from this site, only to have the same result as the disc, but thank you for the help anyways

Creature.9476

Changing the filename to GW2.exe (copied all the contents of both DVD’s to a folder on my Desktop) makes only one change: the second launch of the installer sits at 0KB/0KBs indefinitely now

Posted by: Banadona.9714

Banadona.9714

I used the game downloader from the website and i got three files in my GW2 folder:
GW2.dat , GW2.exe and GW2.tmp.
Got the same problem as you guys but you can jury rig it by deleting the GW2.exe and renaming the GW2.tmp to GW2.exe. Works every time

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

Same problem here. it downloads 10135kb at initial launch then nothing happens even files are not created if i dont change the name of exe file lol.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

Posted by: AlanTheMan.3192

AlanTheMan.3192

i have exactly the same i created a post on the forums called wont run (didnt see this post)

Creature.9476

Banadona: thank you for the suggestion, but our issue is that there isn’t even a GW2 folder that’s created yet. The installer quits before it actually installs anything!

Posted by: Tjynde.1604

Tjynde.1604

Try downloading the beta installer:
http://cloudfront.guildwars2.com/client/Gw2.exe

Best regards
Tjynde

Posted by: aztecwarrior.6521

aztecwarrior.6521

Been having the same problem guys cant get the game to install really frustrating please let me know if anyone finds how to fix this ty.

Nivrim.4951

As I see most of us didn’t get any kind of error message. I did so I will post it here for you, maybe it says something interesting, I dont understand anything that it says :P

AlanTheMan.3192

Nivrim i got that swell before when i tried to uninstall the game it then closed it down and wouldn’t let me proceed so i couldn’t uninstall it

Creature.9476

Tjynde: I can’t even run that executable, it just outright crashes for me. Thanks for the tip though, it did not hurt to try!

Nivrim: It seems that your error is different from what we have seen so far in this thread. However, the -allowinstall flag is a nice touch. It looks to me like your issue is that a certain file cannot be accessed. The reasons could be multiple: insufficient acces rights, insufficient free space, damaged or corrupted file. Try making sure you run the program as administrator.

(edited by Creature.9476)

Nivrim.4951

Im not in the wrong thread. I download the GW2 set up from the web page, and when I run it it goes fine till 10135 kbs, then the speed goes to 0 and a window with crash error report appears to me. I checked the details and give them here.
- I have 268 GB free at C and 410 GB in D. So its not a problem of space.
- I ran it as administrator always.
- I turned off my firewall and antivirus, from Norton and the one that windows 7 has aswell.
- I download the set up again, from different explorers (tried chrome, firefox and internet explorer).
- I tried to move the setup to different folder to see if that has something to do.
- I have checked drivers for my graphics card and they are updated.

I made all that and I have still the same problem as all of us: setup download stops at 10135 kb. Just I get an error report and you dont.

Creature.9476

Sorry for assuming you posted in a wrong thread.

Do you know how to make a new user on your computer? If you do, create a new user and log out as yourself and then log in as this new user. Try downloading the GW2Setup.exe from the website again and then try to run it. (It really doesn’t matter if you downlod it using Chrome, Internet Explorer or Firefox.)

My reason for asking is that you seem to get a permissions error. The fastest way to verify that is to create a new user (because the system will setup a new folder for that user with new permissions). If it does work in that new user, we have confirmed that is your problem. If it does not work in your new user, we have confirmed the issue is system wide and not user specific.

Surfer.4029

I put my Gw2.exe, Gw2.tmp, and Gw2.dat into C:\Programs (x86)\Guild Wars 2. Then I left Gw2.exe running with 0KB ( 0KB/sec ) all night because Gw2.dat was gaining size. From what I can tell the Gw2.dat file has stopped at 14.1 GB. I clicked Gw2.exe again and it started going up to like 425 KB I think (didn’t really pay attention) and then it stopped. Now its back at 0KB ( 0KB/sec ) and the Gw2.dat isn’t gaining size. Usually there would be a install button after all of the downloading, but there isn’t. Sooooo now I’m stuck with a full Gw2.dat file and no install button. (posting on 2 threads =P)

Posted by: Wofulazer.2430

Wofulazer.2430

Im have the same problem but mine is a little different. i have been playing this game on this computer, and i played it for the last 3 to 4 days and i opened my computer up today clicked on the game and it is doing the same thing that you guys are talking about so i ran the test and here is what it says. I downloaded this game online from the web site.

Creature.9476

Surfer: You seem to have gotten farther along than I did!

I have done some more testing, although a response from an official representative would be nice. There’s a lot of posts about this on the Googles so we are not the only ones with this issue.

I ran a Wireshark to see what happened network wise when the 0Kb/0Kbs popou appears and disappears but learnt nothing. In my GameAdvisor it states I cannot connect to icmp.arenanetworks.com so I tried to ping the two addresses listed and the ping succeeds. A telnet to port 80 on either address fails, but that can be attributed to security.

I mean, I’m ranting here. Grasping at straws. If at least we could get a “we are aware of this issue” kind of statement but we get NOTHING. That’s frustrating.

Posted by: Brandi.7506

Brandi.7506

Mine stops at 10143kb.
1) We’ve tried a desktop and a laptop. Wireless and wired.
2) We’ve turned off all virus software.
3) Running as admin
4) Tried redownloading installer
5) See attached for Guild Wars Test Files

And lookie other people have this error too:
1. This one has pictures ( in spanish however ): http://www.guildwars2-spain.com/foro/Dudas-y-Preguntas/31770-un-problemilla-al-instalar-el-juego
2. http://www.facebook.com/GuildWars2/posts/10151100714164209
3. http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/58092-gw2-disc-download-stops-at-10143-kb/

(edited by Brandi.7506)

Posted by: Ashley Segovia.8276

Previous

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

Next

@Nivrim – You have a lot of running processes going and it is likely that one of them may be interfering with the game connection. I would recommend the Windows command “Msconfig” to weed out any of the unnecessary startup applications. If you need assistance with this or have never done this before please let me know and I can walk you through the steps.

Additionally, your video card drivers are from 2008. I’ve provided a link to the most recent video card drivers for you below:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-64bit-301.42-whql-driver.html

@BigShip – You also have a few applications running that could probably be disabled or closed out. I would first start with closing TeamViewer and Steam as they may have some compatibility issues with Guild Wars 2 (generally, the overlays).

@zjsilva – Your drivers are also from 2008 and this could be causing some issues with installation so I’ve located the latest Nvidia drivers for your laptop:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook-win7-winvista-64bit-301.42-whql-driver.html

Additionally I see that you have AVG enabled on your system. AVG has some known compatibility issues with GW2 and as a temporary troubleshooting step I would recommend disabling or completely removing it. If this is not an option for you then I would recommend configuring the security software to allow Guild Wars 2. If you would like assistance with this please let me know.

@Creature – This is likely due to your video card being below the minimum requirements. I could find no other issue present within the Game Advisor report that would explain why you are unable to install successfully.

@deiphobos – Your graphics card also is below the minimum requirements to play Guild Wars 2. In addition you have McAfee enabled. The installer does have a built in sort of auto-detect which is the reason the installation will not always complete if you do not meet the minimum requirements. This is entirely dependent on the rest of your system in addition to how under the minimum requirements it is. I would recommend updating to Windows Service Pack 1 and updating your video card drivers and trying again.

@AlanTheMan – Your processor is just below the minimum requirements. In addition, it does not appear as though you have any video card drivers installed (you can see this under Display Device in your Game Advisor report). While the processor being slightly under should not prevent you from installing, the lack of video card drivers may. I also noticed that you have AVG enabled and this could also be preventing the installation from completing.

@Wafulazer – You have quite a few running processes going in addition to McAfee. I would also recommend updating your video card drivers:
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_vista64.aspx

@Brandi – Both your processor and graphics card are below the minimum requirements and I believe this is the main reason the installation just stops.

Posted by: Brandi.7506

Brandi.7506

@Brandi – Both your processor and graphics card are below the minimum requirements and I believe this is the main reason the installation just stops.

lol let me rerun the install on the laptop and post that. the desktop is our media server and only tested install to see if it was a laptop issue or no.

Creature.9476

If you run Windows 7:

Go to C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Temp and run GW2.exe as administrator. It will create or update a file in that folder called GW2.dat The installer will stay at 0KB/0KBs but the file named GW2.dat will start to grow in size.

Not sure what this does and if it will actually install/run but that’s my only advancement I have mae so far.

deiphobos.3586

Thank you very much ashleysegovia for your help, I should be able to fix these issues now and enjoy your company’s game.

Creature.9476

@Ashley: Thanks for the response. I find it a little strange the installer would quit without providing any reason why. Also, why prevent people from installing the game? I have a new videocard on order (My GeForce 315 literally died on me last week) and wanted to preinstall to play once I get the card. I did not want to have to sit at a 6 hour download AFTER installing the card.

Edit:

You know what, I’ll cave in. I canceled my order for a graphics card and will pick up a GT610 locally.With 512 Mb of RAM and support for Shader 5.0 that should at least meet the minimum requirements.

(edited by Creature.9476)

AlanTheMan.3192

@ashley i just updated my driver for my graphics card and tried again with have AVG installed and the same thing just happened, i played the game before on the comp but after it crashed on me i had to turn my comp off and the trouble started after that

Nivrim.4951

Thanks for your help Ashley. Could you walk me by that Msconfig? I have never done it

Posted by: Kaarke.2940

Kaarke.2940

I have the same problem.. please help.

Previous

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

Next

@Nivrim – Certainly! To run the Msconfig command please try the steps below:

Please note, this command will not uninstall any applications from your computer. All MSCONFIG does is prevent these applications from automatically starting when Windows boots up.

To do this:

1. Press and hold the Windows key and then hit the R key. This should bring up the Run dialog box.

2. Type “MSCONFIG” without the quotes, and click “OK.” This should open the System Configuration Utility.

3. Click on the “Services” tab and check the “Hide All Microsoft Services” check box near the bottom, then click the “Disable All” button. (You MUST click “Hide all Microsoft Services”)

4. Next go to the “Startup” tab and click the “Disable All” button.

5. Once these items are all disabled, click the “OK” button and you will get a prompt to restart your computer. Please restart your computer.

6. Once you return to Windows, please try connecting to the game again. If your issue is not resolved by using MSCONFIG, please generate a new Game Advisor report prior to disabling MSCONFIG. That way, we can see what, if anything wasn’t disabled by these steps.

To reverse these settings, simply run MSCONFIG again and click “Normal Startup” on the first window labeled “General.”

Note: If you need a specific application to run with Windows but still want to use MSCONFIG, just follow the above instructions and on step 4, re-check any application you feel needs to start with Windows. Examples would be wireless connection software, mouse or keyboard applications or even security applications. Please note that security applications can often be a contributing factor to such issues. If you haven’t done so already, please also disable any Anti-virus, Firewall or other security applications for testing purposes.

Previous

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

Next

@Kaarke – it looks like you’ve got Windows Defender as well as Avast enabled. It’s possible these two are conflicting with each other and not allowing you to download the client properly. Can you try disabling the two to see if you’re then able to install?

Previous

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

Next

@AlanTheMan – could you post an updated Game Advisor report so I can see the most recent changes made on your system so we can rule out the previous possible issues? It could also be a different program that could be interfering.

Kaarke.2940

I will try to do so

AlanTheMan.3192

ok ive run it again

Kaarke.2940

nothing has changed

Posted by: eger amit.2796

eger amit.2796

Same issue, tried the download file and the Hard copy bought. The game will not install and just goes away. Turned off MSE and defender. I ran the game advisor. You tell me. Thaks in advance!

Posted by: Osiris.7183

Osiris.7183

I am having the same issue as everyone else. I couldnt think of anything else, ive tried all my friends have said im hoping someone can help me.

Previous

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

Next

@AlanTheMan – It does not appear as though the driver update took:

Display Devices
———————-
Card name:
Manufacturer:
Chip type:
DAC type:
Device Key: Enum\
Display Memory: n/a
Current Mode: 1280 × 1024 (32 bit) (1Hz)
Monitor:
Monitor Max Res:
Driver Name: vga.dll
Driver Version: 5.01.2600.0000 (English)
DDI Version: unknown
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 8/10/2004 13:00:00, 9344 bytes
WHQL Logo’d: n/a
WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
VDD: n/a
Mini VDD: vga.sys
Mini VDD Date: 4/13/2008 19:44:40, 20992 bytes
Device Identifier: {D7B70EE0-4340-11CF-B063-282AAEC2C835}
Vendor ID: 0×0000
Device ID: 0×0000
SubSys ID: 0×00000000
Revision ID: 0×0000
Revision ID: 0×0000
Video Accel:
Deinterlace Caps: n/a
Registry: OK
DDraw Status: Not Available
D3D Status: Not Available
AGP Status: Not Available
DDraw Test Result: Not run
D3D7 Test Result: Not run
D3D8 Test Result: Not run
D3D9 Test Result: Not run

You should see here the name of your graphics card as well as the driver dates and other related info.

I also noticed this within the Game Advisor report: " Display Tab 1: The system is using the generic video driver. Please install video driver provided by the hardware manufacturer. Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer."

It sounds like either you do not have a video card in your system or there is an issue with the card.

Creature.9476

I am having the same issue as everyone else. I couldnt think of anything else, ive tried all my friends have said im hoping someone can help me.

Unfortunately, I do not think your card meets the minimum requirements (like mine). You have an ATI Radeon XPRESS 200 Series which does not support Shader Model 3.0 or newer.

Posted by: Osiris.7183

Osiris.7183

So if i went to best buy and bought a newer card that fits in my PCI slot with a 512 MB DDR2 card. Would this fix my problem with my incompatibility with Shader model 3.0?

Nivrim.4951

Ashley, I tried what you told me step by step. After Restarting computer I turned off the anti-virus and Firewall and tried to download it again. Not running any other program at all. The problem is still there and the same 10135 kbs. I got a new error crash report and I run GameAdvisor as you requested.

Nivrim.4951

And this is the GameAdvisor report