Setup download stops at 10135 kb

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: InfamousILL.7851

InfamousILL.7851

same! I get no error messages.. and when I run Gw2Setup.exe it just closes after the second download pops up, when I run Gw2.exe it stays at 0kb and the .dat file gets bigger but it doesn’t do anything! I can’t install it! I get these error messages:

• Error Logs <—*
    VerifyAccess failed or denied access with 0xc00ce556 – 1
    Shader model 3.0 is required
    I’ve tried everything, disc download, online download EVERYTHING ON THESE FORUMS! And I’m pretty sure that I don’t have to get a new video card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher to download…
    Game Advisor:
Best MMO is subject to opinion what suits one person may not suit the next but
The Dynamic events are great, and wvw is sick.

Posted by: Jazhara Knightmage.4389

Jazhara Knightmage.4389

Well, finally got it working. Installing as we speak.
After following all of the above suggestions to no avail I went into Windows Update (for XP, under control panal -> security center -> windows updater ) and downloaded every single (nonessential, software, and hardware) update available from Microsoft’s website. No idea why I didn’t think of this earlier, but now it’s working.
I hope this helps some people. Good Luck and see y’all in game!
: )

This was most likely not having Service Pack 2 or later, which is REQUIRED to play the game . I say this with all caps because it will block the updating process without some of the security updates included in these service packs.

If you haven’t already, make sure to install Service Pack 1, 2, and 3 if you have Windows XP!

-Bill

just a note Bill and anybody reading this, you do not need to all 3 service packs, the contents of sp1 are in sp2, and the contents of sp1 and 2 are in 3, this has always been true for ms service packs, its why they tend to remove older service pack downloads from being easily found (you can still find downloads they just make it harder)

I really advise anybody running any windows version to fully update their os……and if you have AVG/McAfee or a few other AV/security suits, remove the, I am a computer tech for a living and, honestly, AVG and McAfee (among others) have given me more headakes then anything since AOL and kittene codec pack…

If you need a decent free AV, Microsofts Security Essentials is decent and free, and I have never had it block/bork up any 3rd party apps…..the only other AV i can honestly say that about is f-prot(not f-secure, its firewall can be troublesome at times), honestly, updating windows regularly AND running a decent non-intrusive AV are sort of a must these days if you want to avoid issues.

good luck with figuring this out….its kinda why i wish they had a torrent based client downloader avalable or just a torrent for the full client….but at least they arent using pando :P

AMD FX-8350@4.8ghz on air(SilverArrowSB-E Extreme) , 32gb 1866mhz(10-11-10 cr1)
PCP&C 1200watt TC, Crosshair V F-Z, Sapphire 290x

Posted by: Atrophied.8725

Atrophied.8725

Hey, just to let you guys know, I also had this issue. What fixed it for me was a CLEAN install of my latest nVidia drivers, rather than an update. I’m not guaranteeing it will work for you, but it can’t hurt to try.

Xandra – 80s in all classes – Ele/Guard mains – [TL] – NSP

Posted by: Argonax.9180

Argonax.9180

Same for me. Just paid $80 for the game and can’t install. Very disappointed. Hope to see a resolution soon.

Posted by: Stricky.4681

Stricky.4681

Just purchased the game and having the same issue as many folks here are having.

When I insert the cd, the startup screen pops up, and starts downloading. Once it reaches 10213 Kb it stops. The Kb/s slowly decreases until it hits 0. The screen then disappears. A few moments later the same screen pops of with 0 kb downloaded and disappears right away. Please help !

Posted by: Redadare.8952

Redadare.8952

I too got this game today and guess what ( shock horror ) Same Problem
here was my fix for this Problem
the same fix I used for star wars
My PC is Windows XP sp3 — My laptop is Windows 7
This game will not install clean onto my PC but will not miss a beat installing onto my Laptop So install it onto my laptop I did then copied all files over to my PC and run game..
Now don’t this seem strange I run same McAfee Virus software on both systems and almost the same software in total.
Yet I downloaded and installed Diablo III onto my Windows XP system no probs.
So you can draw your own conclusions to this I HAVE….

Posted by: Amarinth.8534

Amarinth.8534

same! I get no error messages.. and when I run Gw2Setup.exe it just closes after the second download pops up, when I run Gw2.exe it stays at 0kb and the .dat file gets bigger but it doesn’t do anything! I can’t install it! I get these error messages:
—> Error Logs <—
I’ve tried everything, disc download, online download EVERYTHING ON THESE FORUMS! And I’m pretty sure that I don’t have to get a new video card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher to download…
Game Advisor:

As I’ve said previously in this thread, I’m not convinced some of these older Intel GMA chips actually do support Shader Model 3.0 properly, but even if they do they still don’t have the raw horsepower required to handle this game. Even if you bypass the installation process somehow, you’re just going to run into the same problem again when you actually try to play the game.

In your case there is no quick fix, because this ‘launcher shutting down’ thing isn’t your main issue – your bigger issue is that you need a better graphics card for GW2. The advantage you have is that your system is a desktop, which means you should have the option to just buy a dedicated graphics card and slot it in.

The two main things you need to check before upgrading the graphics card are:
1. Does your motherboard have a PCI-express 16x slot? – it should do, since pretty much all of the not too ancient motherboards have at least 1 of these.
2. What is the wattage of your Power Supply? – this will limit how powerful a graphics card you can install without danger of frying your system. Most stock Dell PSU’s can handle any of the lower end cards that draw power through the motherboard, since their power requirements tend to be fairly low. Higher end cards tend to require more power and connect straight to the power supply and if you go that route you’re better off replacing the power supply as well with a better quality + higher wattage one.

(edited by Amarinth.8534)

Posted by: Amarinth.8534

Amarinth.8534

Just purchased the game and having the same issue as many folks here are having.

When I insert the cd, the startup screen pops up, and starts downloading. Once it reaches 10213 Kb it stops. The Kb/s slowly decreases until it hits 0. The screen then disappears. A few moments later the same screen pops of with 0 kb downloaded and disappears right away. Please help !

Unfortunately your graphics card doesn’t meet the minimum requirements – the minimum card supported from the AMD Radeon series is the X1800, while yours is a Radeon 1150, which is a much lower end integrated card from that same series. Not only is it severely underpowered, it also has no support for Shader Model 3.0, which is an absolute necessity to run most of the graphically demanding games released these days. Without SM3 support on your graphics card it’s pretty much a no-go and the only way to ever get the game to run is replacing the graphics card.

Like with the other person I just replied to you do have the option to upgrade since it’s a desktop PC, however your case is a bit more particular because your PC seems to be a “small form factor” or “slimline” model, which means the case is a lot smaller and narrower and the backplate slots will also be narrower – this means the only type of dedicated graphics card that will fit in your case is a so-called “low profile” card. The problem with these is that their availability and range of models is more limited than with full-sized cards and they also have the habit of selling a lot of horribly outdated models. So while it’s not impossible to pick up a decent low profile card for a fair price, you have to be really careful about what you buy (which may require some reading up on graphics card models and performance to make sure you don’t end up an ancient card that’s 6 generations out of date).

The other option with small form factor cases is to replace the case with a regular sized one. This does require a bit more work since you have to move the components over from one case to another, however it opens up a lot more in the way of upgrade options, especially on graphics cards, but also power supplies. While this advice is a bit late now perhaps, if you ever plan on buying a new PC again in the future, just keep in mind that if you might at some point want to play on games on it, it tends to be a good idea to avoid slimline or small form factor cases, simply because that way you have an easier time upgrading if you ever need to.

(edited by Amarinth.8534)

Posted by: Zeron.3760

Zeron.3760

If you have a mobile hotspot you might want to change the settings on the WWAN. I have a jetpack and that was stopping me at 3 files left.

Posted by: Wardogg.2619

Wardogg.2619

Hello,

I have had the same problem I start the file and it stops on the second screen at 0/0. I have been at this for 3 days now and it’s getting very frustrating. I did manage to download it to my external hard drive from another computer but it still want launch on this one. I have tried just about every solution I have read without success. Please help and much thanks in advance. My test results are attatched.

Posted by: Aewrye.3062

Aewrye.3062

Hello,
I bought the game today and I have the same problem I start the file and it stops on the second screen at 0/0. I have tried just about every solution I have read without success. Please help and much thanks in advance. My test results are attatched.

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

@ the last two, your crappy laptops aren´t meeting minimum specs for running this game and so the client shuts down.
Mainly because of the on board Intel GFX. They are shader 2.0 but GW2 needs at least shader 3.0 compatible graphics.
Do yourselves a favor and buy a midrange Intel desktop system for gaming instead of trying to game on a laptop.

Polish > hype

(edited by HawkMeister.4758)

Posted by: Empressium.5482

Empressium.5482

anyone can told me what my readings means?

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

At 1st glance, that you really need to kill your current 32bit Win7 after downloading and burning the free Win7 64bit ISO from Microsoft. You can reuse the old code without problems.
You´re only using 3.5g of your 8gig memory!

Will probably solve the current memory problem as you somehow managed to get your GFX card to use up most of your precious system memory. The card is pretty crappy but should be still compatible with GW2.

Though dump that card ASAP and get a GForce 650 or better. The 650 will almost certainly work as it doesn´t tax your (dated)power supply unit much more than the current card.

Polish > hype

(edited by HawkMeister.4758)

Posted by: silentreaper.7936

silentreaper.7936

heres mine, i know my processor is only 1.73 but about to oveclock it

Posted by: Digitalpotato.1285

Digitalpotato.1285

Mine happens to be doing the same. I was always told to use the GameAdvisor and here’s what it’s doing.

Posted by: Kaydarin.6942

Kaydarin.6942

Help please, i am stuck at downloading 0KB / (0KB/Sec)

i attach my test result with game advisor.

thank you

Posted by: RvLeshrac.2673

RvLeshrac.2673

Ashley, I tried what you told me step by step. After Restarting computer I turned off the anti-virus and Firewall and tried to download it again. Not running any other program at all. The problem is still there and the same 10135 kbs. I got a new error crash report and I run GameAdvisor as you requested.

Just a thought, if you open “C:\Users\PC\AppData\Local\”, then right-click ‘Temp’ and click ‘Properties,’ is it hidden or read-only?

If it is, make it not. If it isn’t, try deleting everything in the Temp folder.

If it still doesn’t work, try:

Download Process Monitor from sysinternals.com and see what the last operation gw2.exe tries before the crash is. (Filter > Filter > ‘Process Name’ ‘Is’ ‘gw2.exe’ ‘Include’ > Add). Look for any “Access Denied” messages.

If you see an ‘Access Denied’, select that item, then go to Filter > Reset. Scroll up and see what the last process to access gw2.tmp (that wasn’t gw2.exe) was.

If you don’t see an ‘Access Denied,’ go to the last entry in the list, select it, and Reset the filter. Then scroll up and see what the last thing to access gw2.tmp was.

(edited by RvLeshrac.2673)

Posted by: MDrake.7132

MDrake.7132

Also having trouble installing GW2.
The DL stops at 10307 kb’s, a new screen appears showing 0kb and then disappears.
I attached the report below.

Thanks!

Posted by: Solve.3785

Solve.3785

mine does not work either. can someone help

MDrake.7132

IT HAS BEEN ALMOST A WEEK SINCE I POSTED MY TEST, WHEN WILL I HEAR BACK FROM YOU GUYS? Still no solution I am losing my mind……

Posted by: Squall Leonhart.2075

Squall Leonhart.2075

—> Error Logs <—
Game Advisor:

Your graphics chip is NOT SUPPORTED.
the GMA3000 and 3100 are DirectX 9b (SM2.0b) chips.

Posted by: Squall Leonhart.2075

Squall Leonhart.2075

IT HAS BEEN ALMOST A WEEK SINCE I POSTED MY TEST, WHEN WILL I HEAR BACK FROM YOU GUYS? Still no solution I am losing my mind……

you posted the report, but you didn’t post the client log.

MDrake.7132

How does one post this “client log” you speak of?

Posted by: RvLeshrac.2673

RvLeshrac.2673

How does one post this “client log” you speak of?

It will be located under UserProfile\Documents\Guild Wars 2\

Posted by: Seifert.2190

Seifert.2190

Hey,

I seem to be having the same issue as everyone else.

I just fresh installed Windows 8 x64.

Here’s my test results below…….please help me solve this annoying issue.

Posted by: Frezzad.7041

Frezzad.7041

HI,

I don’t know if the problem have been solved but this is how I solved it.

*Go to where you have installed GW2. (“ex. C:\Program Files (x86)”)
*Find the Guild Wars 2 Map and klick “properties”.
*From there unselect the “Read only” thing in the general tab.

MDrake.7132

RvLeshrac-2673

The only file in the UserProfile\Documents\Guild Wars 2\ folder is a file named “Local.dat” and it will not let me open it. It has been over a month since I bought the game and am still not able to play. Where is technical support?

Posted by: DionyZ.8396

DionyZ.8396

I used the game downloader from the website and i got three files in my GW2 folder:
GW2.dat , GW2.exe and GW2.tmp.
Got the same problem as you guys but you can jury rig it by deleting the GW2.exe and renaming the GW2.tmp to GW2.exe. Works every time

Wow, that solved it for me. Thank you so much

Posted by: JLZM.8365

JLZM.8365

Installing for the dfirst time on this computer, not working at all, i’m trying to, but it does the same thing it happens to other people, i’ve installed all and updated drivers for my ATI Radeon HD 7750, and does the same thing still, no way around it

Posted by: Fate Crusher.8164

Fate Crusher.8164

Hi I have the exact same problem, I have tried everything please help.

Posted by: Fate Crusher.8164

Fate Crusher.8164

Please, could i get a response sometime soon

Posted by: Zanydachico.7304

Zanydachico.7304

Yes I have this issue too….A Custom Built Gaming PC Just Today…so Im clueless to what might be the issue.
I also have already downloaded this game on my fathers PC with no problems before when I had first purchased the game…Now this problem is occuring with my Brand New Gaming PC.

“Hey…who’s that guy?” “What guy?” HEADSHOT
- Zannito [SE]’s Green Ranger
- DarkHaven

Posted by: AdventureCat.3614

AdventureCat.3614

Hi everyone,

I had this exact same problem last week (installation crashing at 10423kb) and have found a solution that I believe has not been listed. I hope this works for you (sorry if my explanation is confusing). Here is what I did:

1) Go to your Windows search and type “Device Manager”
2) In Device Manager, click the tab called “Display adapters.” If you do not see the correct driver listed, for example, “NVIDIA GeForce 310M” (which is mine) and it says something “standard” you will need to go to your computer’s support site and download the correct driver from there.

My computer is a Samsung and I went here: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads

Turns out, even though I thought I updated my graphics card from here: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us, my computer still wouldn’t install the game.

I really hope this information helps you! Let me know if you need more clarification.

Posted by: Knox.9873

Knox.9873

I had the ‘0.0 Kb/s’ issue. Only way for me to get it downloading again was to close it and open it up again. But after a few minutes is stops again at 0.0 KB/s. I decided to automate the process and got around it by doing the following:

1. Created a batch file (GW2StopStart.bat) with the following content:

taskkill /im GW2.exe
ping -n 5 127.0.0.1 >nul
D:
cd D:\GuildWars 2\Guild Wars 2
echo GW2.exe
call “cmd /c start GW2.exe”
Exit

2. Replace the drive (D:) and path (D:\GuildWars 2\Guild Wars 2) in the batch file with your own. (location for the GW2.exe)

3. Start up Windows Task Scheduler and create a task which runs the batch file every 10 minutes (or whatever time you prefer).

Once download is completed at 100% remember to delete the task from Task scheduler. I tested this on a Windows 7 PC.

Posted by: BamBamJC.1360

BamBamJC.1360

I used the game downloader from the website and i got three files in my GW2 folder:
GW2.dat , GW2.exe and GW2.tmp.
Got the same problem as you guys but you can jury rig it by deleting the GW2.exe and renaming the GW2.tmp to GW2.exe. Works every time

Wow, that solved it for me. Thank you so much

This didnt work for me After I renamed it, an error popped up and it wouldn’t open.

Posted by: Exlir.7564

Exlir.7564

hello support,
i dont know if the problem is clear by now i didnt had the patiance to read al the 4 pages
but i have the same problem as on the first page that it wil download till in the 1000 then
decreases download speed and disapears then starts a new one and sick with 0 and closes almoste inmediately i wil add the test results but i have to say i cant add a bether video cart cause my conect to it is broken (that would mean i have to buy a whole new moder board so i can just easyer buy a new coputer)
i hope i get a response soon

thanks already

gr, Exlir

Posted by: Superfortress.6137

Superfortress.6137

I have the same problem, my downloading stops at exactly 10600KB and the KB/sec goes down to zero. Please help

Posted by: Ashley Segovia.8276

Previous

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

Hi Superfortress – While this is an incredibly old thread, it looks like your issue is much the same. Generally this happens when your system either fails min specs or you’re missing video card drivers. Your case appears to be the latter:

Display Devices
———————-
Card name: Standard VGA Graphics Adapter
Manufacturer: (Standard display types)
Chip type: ATI ATOMBIOS
DAC type: 8 bit
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68C1&SUBSYS_1448103C&REV_00
Display Memory: n/a
Dedicated Memory: n/a
Shared Memory: n/a
Current Mode: 1366 × 768 (32 bit) (1Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model:
Monitor Id:
Native Mode:
Output Type:
Driver Name: vga
Driver File Version: 6.01.7600.16385 (English)
Driver Version: 6.1.7600.16385
DDI Version: unknown
Driver Model: unknown
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 7/14/2009 09:38:47, 15360 bytes
WHQL Logo’d: n/a
WHQL Date Stamp: n/a

The first thing to try is to go to http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonmob_win7-64.aspx and Download and run AMDs Driver Verification Tool. If this does not work, you will need to contact your computers manufacturer as your laptop requires proprietary drivers that can only be obtained through the manufacture.

Hope this helps!

Posted by: NotQuiteToxic.8102

NotQuiteToxic.8102

I realize this thread is sort of dead but I need help. I have a similar problem (download stops at 10787Kb/0Kb then restarts in a new window at 0Kb/0Kb) and the previous answers haven’t been able to help me. I ran the system test and came up with this:

Posted by: Tsuki.8059

Tsuki.8059

I have got the same trouble @NotQuiteToxic.8102..
Started after the update yesterday, the error told me to delete and install the game
again..
I dont have anti-virus, the windows firewall isnt active and my nvidia driver is updated.
I deleted my game (it took a entire day to download)..
Now i cant install it again..

http://imageshack.com/a/img46/3885/g7gi.png

Posted by: RelatedChaos.1539

RelatedChaos.1539

So, I have a fix. I guess that the most people that are getting this error when the game gets to a download speed of 0.0 kb/s are running the game on a laptop.

For me it work in the next way:
1) Start
2) i searched for GW2
3) i right clicked on it and there was an option which said “Run with graphics processor”
4)from there i chose the video card not the INTEL integrated one, which by the way is the one that the computer uses as a default.

I hope this helpes

Posted by: BoogiemanZA.1069

BoogiemanZA.1069

Hello there Anet.

I have just come across a “bug” that my game stops downloading it starts off with 200= kb/s and it makes it’s way down to 0 kb/s. I have winsock my catalog, I have also ran your test and it seemd to fail.

I have been playing this game since release without any defect. Please assist me if you guys can