Some of your servers have IP blocked me

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

Recently(since last patch), I have been unable to access certain instances of maps and getting the error in screenshot1.

For example, the current instance of Sparkfly Fen shows as IP:
And whenever I try to enter(taxi) into that map, I get the same error in screenshot1.
The map wasnt full, my friends can confirm as they all taxied into it.
When I try to pingplotter the IP of said map, I cannot reach it, see screenshot2.

But the current Sparkfly Fen instance I am currently in:
The map loaded instantly, I play just fine without even a trace of lag, and there is absolutely not even a trace of packet loss when I use pingplotter. See screenshot3.

This is stopping me from playing with my friends. This is also stopping me from entering PvP if I am unfortunate enough to land in a map/instance that is IP blocking me (the map keeps getting the error in screenshot1 and I end up with dishonor). There is clearly a problem on some of your servers. I am able to access some servers so it cannot be on my side having any sort of Firewall/ISP blocks.

Might include as well that I have WinAuth enabled on my PC as authenticator and I used “Remember this Network”, and never before has it asked me to re-enter any codes. But recently it keeps asking me to re-authenticate every few times I connect to GW2 (and NOT every time!) even though I am using “Remember this Network”. I am not sure this is related.

You need to fix your servers to let my IP in. Thank you.

Attachments:

(edited by Turtle Dragon.9241)

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

I’d contact your ISP. In both screen shots you are having issues at 5, and sounds like something is getting blocked on your end. It could be helped by switching to the google DNS. Your ISP should be able to help with that.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Posted by: Taegos.4132

Taegos.4132

I would look more at the level 3 hops, they are known for having problems, I have had to personally contact them on twitter and they have found problems with their local hops. It seems like the level 3 hops are quite fragile.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Contact your ISP. The network you’re going through doesn’t know how to find the IP.

If you want a workaround, use a VPN.