Some questions about some GW2 data files..

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Yayap.3180

Yayap.3180

Hello, this is not a game breaker I don’t think, and the client still seems to be working fine, I just have a few questions about some files in the GW2 folders.

So, in my main Guild Wars 2 game folder I see Crash.dmp, Gw2.dat, Gw2.exe, and Gw2.tmp.

Is the Crash.dmp something I should delete or be concerned about?

Also, in my Documents GW2 folder, there is a file called Corrupt-b41cb9fd.dat and a CorruptArchive file.

Should I be concerned about any of these, or are they required data files for the game to correct itself or something?
I’m just wondering if I should try to verify the client, delete those files, or just leave them alone..

Aslo, I tried the GW2 Repair instructions for Windows that are in the Support but it’s not letting me do step 5. I cannot add -repair to the end of the Target line; it says it son’t find the source or it doesn’t match up, so I can’t repair..

Any explanation or suggestions are helpful, thanks!

Be brave.

Posted by: Ilithis Mithilander.3265

Ilithis Mithilander.3265

Hello, this is not a game breaker I don’t think, and the client still seems to be working fine, I just have a few questions about some files in the GW2 folders.

So, in my main Guild Wars 2 game folder I see Crash.dmp, Gw2.dat, Gw2.exe, and Gw2.tmp.

Is the Crash.dmp something I should delete or be concerned about?

Also, in my Documents GW2 folder, there is a file called Corrupt-b41cb9fd.dat and a CorruptArchive file.

Should I be concerned about any of these, or are they required data files for the game to correct itself or something?
I’m just wondering if I should try to verify the client, delete those files, or just leave them alone..

Aslo, I tried the GW2 Repair instructions for Windows that are in the Support but it’s not letting me do step 5. I cannot add -repair to the end of the Target line; it says it son’t find the source or it doesn’t match up, so I can’t repair..

Any explanation or suggestions are helpful, thanks!

Since the only files needed to run the game from what you listed are gw2.exe and gw2.dat, you can delete the .tmp (temporary), and .dmp (dump) files. The files may regenerate when the game launches, I forget, but the only files critical to Guild Wars 2 are gw2.exe and gw2.dat. You can delete the corrupted stuff.

Follow this:
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments
Make sure to make a shortcut of the gw2.exe

Primary Guild: Testing Eternity [TE]
Chloe (Version 3):
[i7 930 @ 4.1Ghz (1.3875V) w/Cooler Master 120M][Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (stock)]

Posted by: Yayap.3180

Yayap.3180

“Since the only files needed to run the game from what you listed are gw2.exe and gw2.dat, you can delete the .tmp (temporary), and .dmp (dump) files. The files may regenerate when the game launches, I forget, but the only files critical to Guild Wars 2 are gw2.exe and gw2.dat. You can delete the corrupted stuff.

Follow this:
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments
Make sure to make a shortcut of the gw2.exe"

OK, good to know.
And yeah, the reason why I couldn’t add -repair at the end of the cmd line before is because I didn’t know that there needed to be a space. The link you provided said that there needed to be a space and it is working now, thank you.

Be brave.