Steam Overlay crashing Guild Wars 2

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Rakanishu.2980

Rakanishu.2980

I’ve been using GW2 with the Steam overlay since launch, all of a sudden today GW now crashes whenever I do this. Nothing changed on my computer’s end since it worked just last night. I have no way of knowing whether it’s steam or guild wars, but I’ve tried the beta and non-beta versions of steam and no difference there. Running latest stable AMD drivers. Other non-steam games do not crash, only GW2

Posted by: UnseeN.4928

UnseeN.4928

I have no experience with the steam overlay, what i can tell you is that Guild Wars 2 does not like overlays.
I’ve used teamspeak overlay in the past which crashed the game, so did Radeonpro.
I decided to disable it all so it runs. I don’t think there is anything you can do about it at this point. Disabling it may be the best option.

Rakanishu.2980

Eh really hoping I can find a fix somewhere. I have lots of Steam buddies so I like to stay connected on there while I play. Worked great since prelaunch. Thanks though!

Rakanishu.2980

Discovered it was the new crap that AMD packages with their drivers that also adds an overlay. I don’t know why it caused me a problem just now, it’s been running for a couple weeks, but when I closed it then GW2 worked fine with Steam.