Stop abusive guild leaders!

in Guilds

Posted by: IAmTheMom.8043

IAmTheMom.8043

Today, without any warning, I lost all guild privileges because our leader took my generality statements as personally directed towards him. I did not say anything offensive or abusive. I merely stated the realities of how we are a ‘casual’ guild. And he decided to kick me…although I donated easily $100 cash of items.

If Anet requires a second vote for kicking a member from a fractal party…..why is it so easy to be kicked by a guild?

I would appreciate Anet balancing out this dictatorial power of guild leaders by requiring a “second” vote for guild member kicks.

in Guilds

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

ANet doesn’t get involved in guild politics.

Guild leaders have dictatorial power over their guilds because that’s what they are. Their guilds.

Fractals aren’t owned by anyone, hence needing multiple people to agree to kicking someone.

Guilds are owned by guild leaders. If the guild leader decides to kick everyone from the guild, that’s his/her prerogative.

The most you can do is try to reach out to your former guild’s leader and apologize if he took what you said personally and that you didn’t mean it. Or reach out to the other officers and members to see if they can’t help you out. If you still want to be in the guild that is.

in Guilds

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Guild leaders have dictatorial power over their guilds because that’s what they are. Their guilds.

Fractals aren’t owned by anyone, hence needing multiple people to agree to kicking someone.

Guilds are owned by guild leaders. If the guild leader decides to kick everyone from the guild, that’s his/her prerogative.

The most you can do is try to reach out to your former guild’s leader and apologize if he took what you said personally and that you didn’t mean it. Or reach out to the other officers and members to see if they can’t help you out. If you still want to be in the guild that is.

I wouldn’t want to return to a guild after getting booted for a snide comment. And I wouldn’t want to apologize either…but that’s just me.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Guilds

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Unfortunately, a vote to kick won’t solve anything for you anyway – mainly because the guild leader would have gotten their second vote from a friend in the guild anyway.

I’m sorry you put in time and effort into the guild you were kicked from, but your suggestion won’t solve anything. Most guild leaders will get the second vote they are looking for, and guild leaders might end up getting stuck with a guild stash thief they rightfully want to kick, but will be waiting for the second vote whilst the guild thief is still in the guild.

As a guild Co-Leader myself, I would never kick anyone just for saying our guild is casual.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

in Guilds

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

I wouldn’t want to return to a guild after getting booted for a snide comment. And I wouldn’t want to apologize either…but that’s just me.

Like I said, if the OP still wants to be in the guild. Or even if he wants to keep the parting as civil as possible.

I personally wouldn’t want to be in that guild either.

in Guilds

Posted by: Loli Ruri.8307

Loli Ruri.8307

Honestly if I was the op, and actually cared about being in the guild, making this thread was the wrong way about doing things. And honestly your actions must have been considered inappropriate. An apology goes a long way. If an apology is not enough to correct a mistake, then you have proof that it wasn’t worth your loyalty to be in that guild. You would be the better man for being able to accept that you made a mistake. Unless of course you see that there was no mistake and no need to apologize, which case, stroll like the fat man, haters gonna hate. 8D

Intel Core i7 4790K @4.7 GHz, 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR3.
MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X 2xSLI 2025 / 11016 MHz, liquid cooling custom loop.
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB. HTC Vive.