The game is...blurry...

The game is...blurry...

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: TWMagimay.9057

TWMagimay.9057

When I logged in today, the game was, well, blurry. Like a video shot slight off focus. Which resulted in a headache after 5 min online. It doesn’t seem to be there on “best performance”(but…can’t be sure, was already feeling sick when I checked it), but, frankly, the game looks horrible like that and I want my fluff. Is there a particular tab in the options that’d focus it better?

The game is...blurry...

Posted by: Ashley Segovia.8276

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

Hi TWMagimay – This could be a couple of things. You can reset your in-game settings by deleting the local.dat file and then following up with a repair. Your local.dat file is generally located at Documents\Guild Wars 2 or just in your Guild Wars 2 folder if you’re using Windows XP.

Additionally, I’d even suggest a clean installation of your video card drivers if you haven’t tried this already, in addition to a re-installation of DirectX.

Without seeing any system diagnostic information, however, this is just what I think could be the issue here.

The game is...blurry...

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

When I logged in today, the game was, well, blurry. Like a video shot slight off focus. Which resulted in a headache after 5 min online. It doesn’t seem to be there on “best performance”(but…can’t be sure, was already feeling sick when I checked it), but, frankly, the game looks horrible like that and I want my fluff. Is there a particular tab in the options that’d focus it better?

Check in graphic options for Render Sampling, if set to Subsample set it to Native. That should fix the problem.

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

The game is...blurry...

Posted by: Jarin Arenos.2736

Jarin Arenos.2736

It’s depth of field. I can almost guarantee it. Sometimes this gets turned on by default after patches. I have no idea why.

Because of how this got implemented (distance from camera, not character; a poor choice, really), any time you’re not zoomed right up on your character’s butt, they get distance blur.