The game is unplayable now...

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Guarzog Zogger.5763

Guarzog Zogger.5763

Hello, I bought this game about a month ago, i found it incredibly fun and it worked fine on a stable 20 fps on low (not lowest on everything but mostly low and some mid graphics). The game worked fine for me and i enjoyed it a lot.

Then, about a week and a half later, the game stopped working properly, the sound was like lightning, buzzing and very unclear. The fps were shown as 15-18 but they were much lower in reality. The skillbars were black and empty and if i tried to loot a monster or pick up a buch of carrots or iron ore, they wouldnt get gathered unless i tried pressing the interact key like 30 times and waited nearly a whole minute. The character moves with lag and monsters appear and dissapear out of nowwhere. I move in one direction but the character remains still and then appears teleported on another place.

I understand that my pc isn’t great, and im probably buying a new one soon but i would really want to play. I tried to fix the issue by updating my video drivers and repairing the client but it didnt help. I also searched the forums and asked my guildmates but i couldnt find any answers.

Does anyone know what could be the cause for this and how to fix it?

Guarzog Zogger.5763

Bump…
anyone knows why the post is on grey now?

Posted by: Xystus.3241

Xystus.3241

Start with running the “-repair” option.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments

Xyssi – Asura Guardian
Xystus Furtim – Human Theif
Server: Stormbluff Ilse

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

How are you connecting to the internet and is your connection being shared by others that may be using lots of bandwidth (streaming video, large file transfers, etc.)?

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Guarzog Zogger.5763

I did, it was the first thing i tried but it stayed the same.
Any other suggestions?
Like i would understand that my pc with a core 2 duo and nvidia GT 8600 cant run the game, but the strange thing is that before it worked fine (not high fps or graphics, but fine for me).

Guarzog Zogger.5763

I have it connected with a LAN cable (I think). There arent any people sometimes and it works just as slow as when my family is using the internet aswell. My internet speed on a internet test is
Download: 10.2 Mb/s
Upload: 0.9 Mb/s
Ping: 60ms

(edited by Guarzog Zogger.5763)

Guarzog Zogger.5763

I dont understand why the post becomes grey on the forum. Does it make people unable to see it?

Posted by: Coyy.3907

Coyy.3907

The greyed text just means there are no new replies since you last looked at the thread.

“I have harnessed the shadows that stride from world to world to sow death and madness.”

H.P. Lovecraft

Posted by: Ashley Segovia.8276

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

Hi Guarzog Zogger – what are your in-game temperatures like? Also, in regards to the grey links, as someone else already mentioned, it just means it hasn’t been updated since you last looked at it.

Guarzog Zogger.5763

Thanks for the information on the grey post.
Sorry but I dont really know how to check the temperatures, do you mean CPU temperatures when in game? And do I need an external program for it or does windows vista have a temperature display somewhere?

Posted by: BazeDragon.3927

BazeDragon.3927

I did, it was the first thing i tried but it stayed the same.
Any other suggestions?
Like i would understand that my pc with a core 2 duo and nvidia GT 8600 cant run the game, but the strange thing is that before it worked fine (not high fps or graphics, but fine for me).

I have observed that the game suffers a few minor memory leaks, and the local.dat file often slows things down in-game after a while due to becoming a bit bloated. The memory leaks aren’t an issue for mid-high end systems, but for yours they may cause problems.

It might be worth deleting your local.dat file and seeing what happens (it will reset all your settings to default, but you can fix that easily) to do this if you’re on windows 7 (might work in XP as well? can’t remember if it has a run command somewhere) :

Bring up your start menu, type in the search bar (or open run command window and type in there) appdata – then press Enter/Return
Enter the “Roaming” folder
Open the Guild Wars 2 folder
Right-click the Local.dat file (it might just say Local), and click delete.

I use this to reduce loading screen times quite often, it’s inconvenient having to reset my graphics settings, but where I’m using SweetFX in the game anyway, it’s fairly simple to deal with.

Ok, found where it should be for XP:
C://Users/“the user that is log into windows”/AppData/Roaming/GuildWars2/local.dat

(edited by BazeDragon.3927)

BazeDragon.3927

Thanks for the information on the grey post.
Sorry but I dont really know how to check the temperatures, do you mean CPU temperatures when in game? And do I need an external program for it or does windows vista have a temperature display somewhere?

You generally do need to have some kind of third-party software. I would advise Razer GameBooster, personally, as it takes practically zero system resources, and you can set it to disable unneeded background processes to free up more system resources for your game.
However, the latest version of it I’m having trouble finding the Temperature monitors.

You should be able to get monitoring software from the Intel and AMD websites, but I have no idea where on them you would want to look.

I have used CoreTemp before, it’s third-party but at least more reliable than Dells “monitoring” software, and you can set it to give overheat warnings.

http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

(edited by BazeDragon.3927)

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

Since you are running an Nvidia card you may be able to use the monitoring functions found in EVGA Precison X. It is an overclocking software but the I use it for the monitoring functions and the ability to set temperature thresholds which will automatically increase my gpu fan speeds.

http://www.evga.com/precision/

For cpu temps I am not sure as it depends on your system build. Mine is built into the system motherboard.

Theftwind (HoD)

BazeDragon.3927

PrecisionX is good aswell, but it does not monitor CPU temperatures.

Guarzog Zogger.5763

I downloaded them and my GPU temp is at 57 out of the game and at 69 when in game. But I cant beleive it the game is working like before. Thank you guys a lot.

(edited by Guarzog Zogger.5763)

Guarzog Zogger.5763

This is not normal. The unplayable lag is back and I did nothing, only restart my pc. I have no clue of whats happening.

Posted by: Ziwdon.3075

Ziwdon.3075

This is not normal. The unplayable lag is back and I did nothing, only restart my pc. I have no clue of whats happening.

Have you tried BazeDragon.3927 suggestion?
Also, how much RAM does your PC have?
Do you have any downloads (streaming, torrents, …) running in the background or in other PC’s while playing?
Does your game get laggy immediately after you start playing or does it take a while to get laggy?
Have you tried disabling V-Sync?

“And now we rise; And we are everywhere” ~ From The Morning, Nick Drake

Guarzog Zogger.5763

Yes, I followed all his sugestions and somehow it got better. I then restarted my pc and it was unplayable again. I dont understand how that can happen without opening anything but skype ( I played without skype and it was the same). I always have vsync disabled. Its laggy always ingame since I open it. It worked again once but opening it later it started to not work again. I didnt change anything on the pc and I dont have people at home using the internet but it still is the same.

Posted by: yiishing.9057

yiishing.9057

I have similar issues.
Before last weekend (December 1st) GW2 was running ok. And ok means i had 60-80 FPS on decent graphic settings (high to medium) while playing WvW without streaming, even in big zergfights. I streamed a lot of WvW gameplay, and it rarely dropped below 40 FPS.
Since last weekend it became unplayable. When I’ve more than 50 characters on my screen, the FPS will drop below 25, most of the times even below 20 in a massive crowd.
When I try to stream while playing in these fights, FPS will drop below 10 and the game is unplayable. Surprisingly graphic setting don’t even matter, even on the lowest settings I won’t have more than 15 FPS while streaming.
Meanwhile i got constant 60 FPS in Battlefield 4 for example, and because i didn’t changed any setting on my setup during the last weeks, i’m pretty sure something went completly wrong with the patches last week. I have talked with guildmates and other people, some of them have a better performance since last week, some experienced the same issues as me.

Here is a quick video with the problems i had 3 or 4 days ago, i can validate the problems with more testing tomorrow.
http://de.twitch.tv/yiillusion/c/3355165

So if you have similar problems, feel free to share…

My setup: Intel 4770 Haswell, 16 GB RAM DDR3-1600, nVidia 670 GTX, and GW2 is running on a Intel SSD.

Good Old Days [GD] - Disturbed Squad [DISS]
http://de.twitch.tv/yiillusion

(edited by yiishing.9057)

Posted by: Saurok.9506

Saurok.9506

I am having the same issue. I have not been playing for about a month and prior to my break I was getting 50+ fps just about everywhere with my graphics nearly maxed on everything. I download the patch and log in and my FPS is around 4 with my graphics set to bare bones while standing still in an unpopulated area. I have updated my drivers, re-downloaded and installed said drivers 3 timers, changed to an old 2900 card I had laying around and still nothing. I have checked my bus settings as well as everything else I could think of and still no joy. This is only effecting GW2. I can log into SW:ToR, Rift, Planetside 2, BF3 and 4 and a plethora of Steam games and have no issue at all. As it stands I cannot play GW2 at all. I can’t even log in and chat with my guild mates and the fps is so bag typing is just a pain.