Credit Card Fraud Policies

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: mas.7401

mas.7401

Q:

Hi, I wanted to know if there has been any changes in credit card fraud policies in the last year.

The reason I bring this up is because my old account was banned after my mother reported a charge on it that she didn’t know was me. I had permission from her to use the card and she emailed Anet back about it but I guess it was too late.

I know my account still exists I guess because I got an email to play the living story for it…..

Posted by: GM Talon.8726

GM Talon.8726

Lead Game Master

A:

A chargeback will result in the permanent closure of an account and it will be ineligible for reinstatement. This has not changed.

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

If your mother did a charge back, Anet closes the account and it’s done. They are pretty tight about charge backs on that front.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Posted by: Lindsay.8950

Lindsay.8950

This policy is unlikely to change. When a company receives a chargeback they incur fines and too many chargebacks can lead to their privileges being suspended with the card companies. They take chargebacks very seriously.

If your mom reported the Fraud to GW2 then they would have tried to verify the charge with her. Either way they will not release the account back to you.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

This really has nothing to do with Fraud, but refusal to pay / charge back policy when Anet is not involved in the CC charge dispute. Note that nearly ALL companies will instantly terminate all business dealings with the Account / CC involved in such cases.

Reversing charges on a CC should be a LAST resort to correct Fraud (or even suspected Fraud) as it damages your credit rating AND any potential financial relationship with the company your are refusing to pay. Granted, if actual FRAUD is proved and pursued, these things will likely be mended, but if it proves to be some sort of mistake, the CC holder pays for it in the long run.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Baoz.4735

Baoz.4735

use your own flacking credit card.

LoL

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

use your own flacking credit card.

LoL

Not everyone has one. Especially minors. And I’d imagine there are a fair number of players of this game that are minors.