Transferring from a New Account

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Nilum.1870

Nilum.1870

Hello!

it seems that i have been running into a problem with the mail, i have been trying for 2 days to send over materials to a guildie of mine to make me some armor, however i keep on getting this message which goes something like this

“This transfer would exceed the total value of transfers allowed for new accounts. As you continue to play , your account will be allowed to transfer higher values. New account limits are necessary to protect your online experience from fraud and illegal trading. We apologize for the temporary inconvenience”

right.. so “temporary” doesn’t seem to be rather temporary. anywho i’ve tried sevral things such as getting rid of messages in the mailbox sending it on another character and so on, i have been “lucky” enough to be able to send a small part of the materials but then again when i try again the message just keep on popping up. anyone else got this problem aswell? did you get it sorted out? don’t hesitate to share cheers.

(edited by Nilum.1870)

Nilum.1870

no one else at all?

Posted by: Sangrivane.4360

Sangrivane.4360

My wife encountered this issue trying to send gold to me from her account to mine. Yet another absurd limitation ArenaNet has put in place.

Posted by: Eochaidh.4106

Eochaidh.4106

It is actually a necessary limitation to prevent hackers and gold sellers from transferring goods to other accounts. If you play legitimately, the warnings will vanish for the mail sent to you in time, as will your friend’s as he advances in the game. I am unsure of how exactly this works, but I suppose it is a matter of how much progress in the game your characters have achieved, and not necessarily a period of time to pass after account creation.

Nilum.1870

Might be so, but still it doesn’t seem be very useful at the moment. since it’s preventing me to get my gear sorted.. and unless there has been some “supicious” activitys within the mail i don’t see the reason

Posted by: baltheczar.9582

baltheczar.9582

I would like an answer to this as well. Like “how long” this time limit is. I have had my account for a over a week now, and can’t send any gold to my husbands account to get him started. Can I sign a waiver stating that these are our accounts, and let me trade………………

Nilum.1870

2 days later and this persist.

Posted by: nightguy.8354

nightguy.8354

This is also an issue when it comes to the trading post.. since it seems the trading post passively uses the mail system… and your mail can get limited.. That’s why you see an error message after a certain amount of transactions that happen on the auction house..

It becomes annoying ’cause I have a tendency to go on a shopping spree.. and then get limited or get on a selling spree and get limited and have to wait 10-20 minutes for my stuff to refresh..

Posted by: Kongming.6497

Kongming.6497

I agree, this is a bogus limit. I tried to give 1 gold piece to my guild bank for a friend to buy some guild armor…could only deposit 50silver, that was yesterday. I still cannot deposit more, nor can I send him the other 50 silver in mail.

This is a moronic limitation and to Eochaidh, no…it does NOT limit their ability to send gold because they will run those accounts 24/7 for a few days before using them to send money so they can get past the time limit which is HOW they are able to still run their business.

Posted by: Mithik.2903

Mithik.2903

Just encountered this today. Me and a friend have had our accounts since 3 day head start launch and regularly send each other money to buy items and then send the money back when we have it to repay each other. We only ever mail each other money yet today he hit the so called cap. He owes me around 50 gold for very rare items that I contributed almost all my money for and now I have no way of getting it back.

We waited until WvW reset at 1am and nothing happened, still not able to contribute.

It’s not like this is even stopping gold spammers as they use hacked accounts to transfer.

Mithik.2903

Yes he sent in increments so he could no longer send any more. All the way down to 2 copper. It is an overall limit, but it doesn’t take into account where the money originated. It is all money straight from the auction house from selling stuff transferred to me to pay back debts and it has reached a total that he can no longer send to anyone. There doesn’t seem to be a reset timer either, or not a clear one for sure.

Posted by: BloodDoll.4602

BloodDoll.4602

and now I’m done with this game. same issue.

Posted by: Gulliger.8963

Gulliger.8963

I have been making money on the trading post so my friend can craft and buy cosmetic armor. It’s blocking me from even sending small amounts like 25 silver. How long does this crazy limit last? It is a problem.

Mithik.2903

They still haven’t responded to my friends support ticket and they are completely ignoring this thread.

It’s only a matter of time before this affects 90% of the games population as the gold cap is way too low and never resets. Every 10 or so hours it allows you to send 1 gold, that is absolutely ridiculous as the average level 80 is farming 2-3 gold an hour let alone anything he makes on auction house.

If someone gets lucky enough to find an exotic of rage item, sells it then mails the money to a friend good luck getting it back as that will easily hit the cap for most players.

Posted by: moops.8014

moops.8014

I would like support with this please.

I finaly managed to get 100 gold for my commander title and sent it to a friend to just show him what it looks like for lolz. The problem appeared after he couldn’t send it back. .. if you could help out would be grand don’t want to loose the chance of becomming a commander due to this. ( namely only a set amount of players can become )

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

It is actually a necessary limitation to prevent hackers and gold sellers from transferring goods to other accounts. If you play legitimately, the warnings will vanish for the mail sent to you in time, as will your friend’s as he advances in the game. I am unsure of how exactly this works, but I suppose it is a matter of how much progress in the game your characters have achieved, and not necessarily a period of time to pass after account creation.

Thank you! I was just starting to formulate a response, but you’ve said it very accurately.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I finaly managed to get 100 gold for my commander title and sent it to a friend to just show him what it looks like for lolz. The problem appeared after he couldn’t send it back. .. if you could help out would be grand don’t want to loose the chance of becomming a commander due to this. ( namely only a set amount of players can become )

If you need help, please contact Support directly for help. Use the “Ask a Question” tab to submit a ticket.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

They still haven’t responded to my friends support ticket and they are completely ignoring this thread.

Oh hey, I did not see this thread earlier or I would have responded. No ignoring, just busy!

But I did want to call out that a couple of people obviously used the Search Engine to pull up this thread, rather than make a new one. I can’t tell you how great that is. Thanks to you who did that!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

moops.8014

Thank you, i hope you can resolve issues like this.

Posted by: Stan.5018

Stan.5018

The simple fact is the policy is affecting real players so it isnt working to retain business, it is working against it.

players are hitting limits that are unreasonable and if one player can mail 100g but another stuggle with some copper .. there is a problem…you either carry on ignoring it or you do something about it.

Posted by: Karasu.9483

Karasu.9483

Not a bug.

30 Days after account creation you cannot send more gold than what your character earned. This does not include money you earned from people who sent it to you.

Example:

• Player A earns 100 gold from drops or TP, Player B earns 50 gold
  • Player A sends 100 gold to player B
  • Player B is still limited to sending 50 gold, so he cannot send it back.

It won’t be too long until this is gone for a lot of people, since it only applies to first 30 days.

BloodDoll.4602

I never even heard of this ridiculous rule, and it wasn’t doing this last week for me. It’s just some poorly thought-out “fix” for gold farmers and it’s ruining the game for legit people.

I don’t have 30 days to wait either and if they had advertised the game to be like this, I’d have not bought it. It is normal to send money to friends in real mmos period. I’m done with this game. It’s useless and waiting is not an option for me. Better things to do with my life then waste it on a game that’s obviously run by paranoid people.

(edited by BloodDoll.4602)

Posted by: Gulliger.8963

Gulliger.8963

I’m not going to wait 30 days to play again. I’ll just play some other games instead.

This problem plus the anti-farming code (diminishing returns from killing the same enemy over and over) are way too restrictive. Normal players should NOT be hitting these barriers.

I get what they’re for, but I don’t agree with them affecting regular players.

Posted by: Karasu.9483

Karasu.9483

BloodDoll. This mechanic was in from before launch, even during BWE3. A very similar mechanic was implemented in Guild Wars (possibly on a smaller timescale). This is to prevent several techniques gold farmers use.

Anti-farming code was also implemented in Guild Wars. Guild Wars 2 is a very broad game. Almost every single event over level 30 gives the same rewards regardless of your level (at higher levels). The game isn’t designed to farm one spot or event at a time.

The reason these anti-farm codes are currently so restrictive is because of the higher risk involving early launch bugs and the botting involved.

BloodDoll.4602

First off Guild Wars 1 and Guild Wars 2 are completely different. This is a true MMO. Besides, I traded gold fine before a few days ago with no limitation, definitely more than 2 or 3. I never saw this limit until recently. During the headstart if I had seen that limit that I definitely didn’t, I’d have told 100s of people not to buy the game, unfortunate but necessary. In a real MMO I can trade with friends fine, without some crazy limit. So with the limit in place (that I’ve only seen recently) the game is worthless to me/us now. When trying to send more in the mail, they restrict me in a way I find insulting. As they are almost making an accusation that I’m a farmer, and I have a long list of credit card transactions of purchases I made in their game shop… that in retrospect I wish I didn’t.

Also never said I “farm” a specific group of monsters, so irrelevant to say it to me. I’m talking about trading gold we got from selling on the market and playing normal, just as I can in other mmorpgs. Hopefully they let us, since there is some 30 days old message, though I’m not a “new” account. I’m not waiting around for long though. and I’m NOT touching the game until the 30 days comes, and if this tragic restriction is still there – forget GW2. If they want to lose 312 people that’s fine, but it is disappointing. We just can’t continue to play the “Free Realms” version of a MMO, where every little thing is blocked, restricted and filtered in some crazy way and we don’t want to be held back because of this issue.

We want to trade gold between members/friends like we did in UO and 20 other MMOs up to this one. It’s a basic function we always had on other MMOS, and need.
I’d be happy to verify with ArenaNet we’re legit normal players with lives and limited time, thus the reason some of us can play more hours than others, and some fall behind. That’s exactly why we help with gold or whatever, but we can’t help them if they don’t remove this nonsensical restriction.

Lastly, It’s no ones place or business here to tell us how to play. I’m not even looking for community response here, I’m not asking any questions. I’d rather have an official response, don’t waste your time otherwise, as I will ignore it from now on. Arenanet should have stated up front clearly on the digital download (still have the screenshot) saying there’d eventually be restrictions. At least Blizzard was up front about things with Diablo 3. I appreciate that kind of professionalism. Not a function that worked because I had sent gold to friends back and forth fine up to recently, and then a sudden limit appears out of no where, with a somewhat insulting message in-game that pops up.

BloodDoll.4602

Thank you! I was just starting to formulate a response, but you’ve said it very accurately.

Well I hope it is a “time” thing because I’m not leveling up my character any further until I can transfer gold to friends or receive it. I’m close to 50 and I’ve being playing for 24 days, but I just won’t play/spend any more of my valuable time until I know I can transfer gold to friends or receive it, without some restriction. I don’t want to waste my time playing the game for nothing. I’m sure that’s understandable. If ArenaNet looks at my account and is confusing me with a farmer, there’s a serious problem.

Posted by: Stan.5018

Stan.5018

Ah well…

So you cant farm mobs for rare mats but you can trade to your hearts content in the market buying and selling for profit ….?

Marvellous…

moops.8014

With an another day passing i’m loosing faith in having this problem solved.

I’m not going to complain about this feature and why they implemented it, but i’d like to express my disappointment with how the players get to know about this. Before a player send a certain amount of gold they should get an ui warning about this issue.

I admit that this was partially my fault for not knowing about this , but I would like to say that this is a UI / Game design flaw. Informing players about important and game affecting things like this and the auction sale fee is critical. I’m sure that this is written somewhere but big stuff like this should be implemented in the ui. This indeed is a big issue as in this case it’s probably affecting the WvWvW.

Since i saw the amount of posts in this section i highly doubt this support ticket will be answered any time soon (120916-006404) , and even if it will i doubt the response will be helpful.

Amidst all of this flame i would like to thank you for releasing this great game, and even though you’ll face alot more challenges you have something to build on. .

Cheers Moops

Posted by: Sheobix.8796

Sheobix.8796

I too have run into this problem today! I have been merching off the TP making gold and helping out friends, but now i can’t help craft gear for my guildies and such. I can’t move anything in or out of my inventory.. At least tell us how to expand our limit, please? Is it based off of the questline? xp? levels? hours played/ age?

Posted by: Cathgar.7581

Cathgar.7581

When was this introduced?

I brought a new account/game for my son to use while the Digital Deluxe edition was on special and now we are running in to all sorts of problems because of this, with sending/receiving mats/gold and using the/my guild bank.

If I had of known about this, I don’t think i would have brought the second account/game.

So it means that we have to wait 30 days to use the system properly?

P.S. So I fork out money for a game, which cannot be used to it’s full capacity.

(edited by Cathgar.7581)

Posted by: Loli Ruri.8307

Loli Ruri.8307

It’s only 30 days. If you play for a while, those 30 days will disappear in no time at all.

Intel Core i7 4790K @4.7 GHz, 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR3.
MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X 2xSLI 2025 / 11016 MHz, liquid cooling custom loop.
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB. HTC Vive.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

When was this introduced?

I brought a new account/game for my son to use while the Digital Deluxe edition was on special and now we are running in to all sorts of problems because of this, with sending/receiving mats/gold and using the/my guild bank.

If I had of known about this, I don’t think i would have brought the second account/game.

So it means that we have to wait 30 days to use the system properly?

P.S. So I fork out money for a game, which cannot be used to it’s full capacity.

I am sorry that you’re frustrated, but there is a really good reason that these restrictions are in place: They greatly reduce the abuse that comes from RMTers. that is, illicit gold-sellers. They also make a real dent in the number of people who cheat and exploit.

Most cheaters, exploiters, and real-money traders want to get onto an account and begin their illicit activities right away. So restricting trades in the early days helps the game and the game economy as a whole and we hope that the temporary inconvenience will be more than worthwhile, in the “grand scheme of things.”

By the way, I hope your son loves the game.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Cathgar.7581

Cathgar.7581

Considering the 2000+ dollars I have put through GW1 and GW2, I am not 100% convinced unfortunately, as it is affecting the legitimate players and not necissarily in a good way.

How does the saying go?
Cut off your nose to spite your face:)

Anyway Merry Xmas.

Posted by: Nezabudka.5701

Nezabudka.5701

I imagine they’d lose a lot more than the 2000+ dollars you contributed over your lifetime in about a week if they lifted these restrictions. 30 days is a lot, and it does suck having to wait, but ultimately they are not out to irritate you personally.

I rather prefer having to be restricted for a month to help ensure that the overall game is healthy, so that I can continue to play it in the future.

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Considering the 2000+ dollars I have put through GW1 and GW2, I am not 100% convinced unfortunately, as it is affecting the legitimate players and not necissarily in a good way.

How does the saying go?
Cut off your nose to spite your face:)

Anyway Merry Xmas.

Welcome to America.

Where blackmarket/piracy always wins and legitimate get canned. This applies to books, movies, and now games ^.^

Posted by: Nextremity.3586

Nextremity.3586

So, is it 30 days from the creation of the account? Or 30 days from the day you encountered the error?

Gah, just saw the post above saying:

30 Days after account creation you cannot send more gold than what your character earned. This does not include money you earned from people who sent it to you.

Sorry. Well, since I’ve posted can someone verify this?

Posted by: Eolwynd.9847

Eolwynd.9847

My friend and I were hardcore WoW Players. She started playing GW2 about 3 weeks ago and bought me a copy last week. We haven’t gone back to WoW at all since i’ve started playing GW2. Getting around without much of money is hard in this game, always on the verge of having no money at all. So this morning i decided to buy Gems through Paypal, got the gems, converted them to Gold. Then tried to send a part of it to my friend, so the game will be more enjoyable for her and for me….. as you can guess i cannot send her the few gold pieces i want.

So please explain, I just bought Gems from GW2, through their website, paying with real life money, and now i can’t use that money the way i want ???? Cause of some scare of pirates and whatever ? Like you know i just bought that gold, I JUST BOUGHT IT. Would a gold seller hack an account with only 5 silver to it’s name, buy gems with real money, get 20 gold out of it and send it to it’s gold selling account ?

I am very displeased with that and it’s a very big minus on the plus / minus column vs Wow when we to our WoW guildies about this game.

When you BUY gold from the official channels of the game, that gold or gems SHOULD NOT be restricted as they are 100% legit.

Bad move, bad bad move.

(edited by Eolwynd.9847)

Posted by: Baron Alfred.2348

Baron Alfred.2348

So this morning i decided to buy Gems through Paypal, got the gems, converted them to Gold. Then tried to send a part of it to my friend, so the game will be more enjoyable for her and for me….. as you can guess i cannot send her the few gold pieces i want.

Be thankful enough that you cannot send her the gold. There are people that get banned for doing this and they only get reinstated after some days.

The “no sending gold after converting gold from gems” acts as an early safeguard against stolen credit card/paypal accounts. This is a way to make sure that fraudsters would have a hard time to launder the gold from trading gems.

Posted by: Eolwynd.9847

Eolwynd.9847

So this morning i decided to buy Gems through Paypal, got the gems, converted them to Gold. Then tried to send a part of it to my friend, so the game will be more enjoyable for her and for me….. as you can guess i cannot send her the few gold pieces i want.

Be thankful enough that you cannot send her the gold. There are people that get banned for doing this and they only get reinstated after some days.

The “no sending gold after converting gold from gems” acts as an early safeguard against stolen credit card/paypal accounts. This is a way to make sure that fraudsters would have a hard time to launder the gold from trading gems.

So yeah, always that stupid mentally of having the majority suffer for a minority….. People should just be aware of safe practices on the iternet, with “SAFE” passwords, frequent password change, etc etc etc would save the world lots of problems, if they can’t use safe measures their loss, but stop making the majority suffer for the crooks, it’s my opinion anyways.

Posted by: Baron Alfred.2348

Baron Alfred.2348

Just so you know, arenanet is only concerned for protecting themselves as stolen credit card transactions will be reversed and voided. In your case, you are the minority.

Posted by: Dcollins.6973

Dcollins.6973

ArenaNet: “You’re all guilty until you’ve served a month in chains!”

Users: “But I just paid you real money to play a GAME!”

ArenaNet: "We don’t care! Suffer!!! You “might” be a gold seller!! How dare you!!"

Seems legit.

ArenaNets idea of a legendary is appalling…
Illivatur – Juggernaut – Eternity – Jade Quarry

Posted by: SirTorian.5863

SirTorian.5863

If you need help, please contact Support directly for help. Use the “Ask a Question” tab to submit a ticket.

Hello Gaile Gray,
i need your help with this issue.

2 of my friends an me transfered some money to get the “Golden” achievment. We brought together 50g / 50 g/ 100g. So far so good. We then decided to also transfer the money to an old dear friend that just stated the game. And here the problem starts…
She was only able to send back 15g.

I submeted a ticket to the GMs, useing the “Ask a Question” option like you said. I also linked this threat to the GMs but got the answer that it isnt possible to transfer the money back.

Hallo …,

vielen Dank für deine Rückmeldung.
Auch, wenn wir wirklich gerne in dieser Angelegenheit weiterhelfen würden, so ist es dem Guild Wars Kundendienst leider nicht möglich Gold wie von Dir gewünscht an andere Charaktere zu versenden.. Wir haben nicht die technischen Möglichkeiten dies zu tun.
Sollten weitere Fragen oder Probleme auftauchen, zögere nicht, dich erneut an uns zu wenden.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

GM …

Summary:
Thats for submiting a ticket. We would like to help you, but it is technically impossible for the Customer Support to send the money back to it original characters.

Sincerely
GM …

Posted by: Mousey.5079

Mousey.5079

So what do we need to do to raise the gold transfer limit? Bought some gems to convert to gold for hubby thinking I could surprise him…bad mistake…

Do we need to clear the map? Personal quest? Play time?

Posted by: Dreamslayer.7659

Dreamslayer.7659

So what do we need to do to raise the gold transfer limit? Bought some gems to convert to gold for hubby thinking I could surprise him…bad mistake…

Do we need to clear the map? Personal quest? Play time?

How old is your account? My understanding is that the transfer limit is for the first few days to prevent people from making fraudulent accounts and transferring a lot of value very quickly, then reversing their credit card charges.

Most MMOs have some kind of limit on new accounts to make this kind of fraud more difficult but you should put in a ticket and ask support to take a look.

Posted by: Mousey.5079

Mousey.5079

A little over a week old. Hmm I think I should do that, thanks!

Posted by: Missik.7302

Missik.7302

I didn’t want to submit a ticket hoping that i get an answer in this thread.

I bought a new account for my fiance, she wanted to play a character that I already have on my account(this account) because she likes the class and the name of the character. So, I have decided to transfer all valuable mats and gold to a new account that I have purchased. A few hours later, she decided that she wants to start new and get all achievement point herself, I am trying to send the mats and gold back but I cannot due to this security measure that Anet has put up to protect people.

My question is, how long is this period? has anyone been able to submit a ticket to resolve this issue?

Posted by: Michael.4791

Michael.4791

I didn’t want to submit a ticket hoping that i get an answer in this thread.

I bought a new account for my fiance, she wanted to play a character that I already have on my account(this account) because she likes the class and the name of the character. So, I have decided to transfer all valuable mats and gold to a new account that I have purchased. A few hours later, she decided that she wants to start new and get all achievement point herself, I am trying to send the mats and gold back but I cannot due to this security measure that Anet has put up to protect people.

My question is, how long is this period? has anyone been able to submit a ticket to resolve this issue?

It was made this way as a counter measure against gold traders.
One way around is to use a guild bank – but that needs a guild with that special building researched.
Another way is to wait some time, because this limit will wear down when the new account starts to grow. The limits will be lifted the same way. I think you can do this with your friend. She would look to be trustworthy.

Missik.7302

It was made this way as a counter measure against gold traders.
One way around is to use a guild bank – but that needs a guild with that special building researched.
Another way is to wait some time, because this limit will wear down when the new account starts to grow. The limits will be lifted the same way. I think you can do this with your friend. She would look to be trustworthy.

I appreciate this suggestion… it will solve the problem thanks

Missik.7302

Apparently, it doesn’t work by using guild bank. the same issue as mail restriction.

Posted by: Ninja Stealthy.8740

Ninja Stealthy.8740

So all these posts and no definitive answer as to how long this restriction lasts or what percentage game completion/achievement points it takes to lift this crap.

I would like an OFFICIAL RESPONSE. What is the trigger to get these restrictions lifted?

[WE] Warlord Jason Krushbone