Unable to submit ticket

Unable to submit ticket

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: ATC Alpha.4098

ATC Alpha.4098

I filled in all the required info correctly but I’m always getting: “Request could not be created as:
Guild Wars 2 E-Mail Address (Account Log-in Name): is invalid”

I even copy pasted it from the account page!

Anyone else got this problem?

Unable to submit ticket

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

You account login name is the email adress you log in with, so not ATC Alpha.4098
The later is your display name!.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Unable to submit ticket

Posted by: ATC Alpha.4098

ATC Alpha.4098

Yes, I realized that after reading more carefully, strange that you have to type it twice.
Waiting to get my flamekissed armor refunded.

Unable to submit ticket

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Yes, I realized that after reading more carefully, strange that you have to type it twice.

You dont have to really type it twice.
The first email-adress you enter is the emailadress they can contact you on
The second emailadress you enter is your login name

Imagine this scenario. You are a customer of providerabc. so your emailadress is alpha@providerabc.edf
At one point you find out that provider abc is bad and you change to providerxyz. so your emailadress changes too.

You need support to change your emailadress but your ardess and and your login email is now different. you need their help and you will be thankfull that they split those two questions

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Unable to submit ticket

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

ATCAlpha — I’m glad we’ll be able to help you. It may take a few days, but we’ll take care of that.

As far as the e-mail addresses…

You dont have to really type it twice.
The first email-adress you enter is the emailadress they can contact you on
The second emailadress you enter is your login name

Imagine this scenario. You are a customer of providerabc. so your emailadress is alpha@providerabc.edf
At one point you find out that provider abc is bad and you change to providerxyz. so your emailadress changes too.

You need support to change your emailadress but your ardess and and your login email is now different. you need their help and you will be thankfull that they split those two questions

Yep, mr has it right. The only thing I would change is this:

Contact e-mail address: The address we can use to contact you
Account Name: Your log-in name, which is in the form of an e-mail address but may not be the same as your contact e-mail address

This is why when people have trouble getting our e-mails, we’re ok with them contacting us from a different e-mail address. We do go through a verification process, so make sure that the person on the new e-mail address IS the owner, of course. But having a different e-mail address for your Account name and contact e-mail address is ok!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet