Unplayable lags since last night

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

Never had any problems with skill delay or lag in GW2, apart from occasional disconnects, until last night.

I randomly got huge delays on skills, leaps/blinks teleport me back further than they bring me forward when I use them, and when I write a message in chat it takes up to 5 seconds to actually appear.
This has been persisting non stop for about 24 hours now.

When I watch my ping in the options menu it shows a stable 20-40 ping, with the average sometimes going up to about 200 but not anything huge.
All other online games work fine, its just happening in gw2 and I have no clue why.

Video of it happening : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NahBGNTi7qc

If it matters anything, I’m running on an i7 2600k with 16GB of ram and a GTX750ti with 200mbps up/down internet

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/How-to-Lag-Latency-FPS/first#post6089000

It is not unusual to have an issue with gw2 and nothing else. There’s an issue with your internet on its route to Anets servers. Servers are located all over and unless you connect to another server in Texas you won’t have issues. Read my link to learn more how this works and to run ping plotter to determine your issue.

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

I ran the pingplotter and got this result.
I’m not an expert with this stuff, but as far as I can see this shows that the problem is the connection between my ISP and Arenanet?

If it is on Arenanet’s end, is there anything I can do about it, or do I basically just wait and cross my fingers hoping Arenanet will fix it?

Attachments:

Andraus.3874

I ran the pingplotter and got this result.
I’m not an expert with this stuff, but as far as I can see this shows that the problem is the connection between my ISP and Arenanet?

If it is on Arenanet’s end, is there anything I can do about it, or do I basically just wait and cross my fingers hoping Arenanet will fix it?

It’s at hop 7. Anet does not own that node or have any control over it. Your ISP has a contract with that node provider that your internet takes their node when your connection goes in that direction. There’s other node providers as well that your ISP could take. You could try to talk to your ISP to pressure the node owners to fix it. Your ISP most likely will give you “the run around” blaming it on Anet when you have data to show it isn’t. But worth a try

(edited by Andraus.3874)

Posted by: ava.1347

ava.1347

I have the exact same problem.

I have tried restarting the pc, router and modem, disabled other programs,
removed and reinstalled gw2. It doesn’t help.

Before yesterday, everything worked perfectly.
All other games/applications still work perfectly.
All internet tests show a constant low-ping high-speed connection.
How this can be anything other than a fault on ANet’s end?

Posted by: Shoarmapapa.6480

Shoarmapapa.6480

Yea, same here.

But these forums are just not helping at all.
There are forum warriors all over the place blaming it on everyones ISP.
Im sure that if this many people having issues with it and thus cant play and cant buy gems etc that A-net would be able to discuss the lag issues with our ISP’s.

Last night it was ok for a while.
This afternoon terrible lags again.

Posted by: Shoarmapapa.6480

Shoarmapapa.6480

And I have noticed that its only the maps that have a high volume of players on it.

Eternal Battlegrounds, Lions Arch etc.

Andraus.3874

And I have noticed that its only the maps that have a high volume of players on it.

Eternal Battlegrounds, Lions Arch etc.

This is not The same problem. If you experience latency issues, and ping plotter does not show latency problems at the server, then something is wrong with your set up or computer.

For the record, I am for saying this is a server side issue if there is data to support the cle for the record, I am for saying this is a server side issue if there is data to support that claim.

Posted by: Ravenhunt.2735

Ravenhunt.2735

Not the same story as last year… ..
Some nodes are lower the traffic because heavy loads in maintimes.
I hate this. -
-

(Germany has holidays, so i think some of the node providers set the brackets to avoid heavy traffic… gosh.
Server Center NCSoft EU in Frankfurt am Main germany… yay)

Ventari says: “Act with wisdom, but act”
Meme says: “Meme?”

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

I have the exact same problem.

I have tried restarting the pc, router and modem, disabled other programs,
removed and reinstalled gw2. It doesn’t help.

Before yesterday, everything worked perfectly.
All other games/applications still work perfectly.
All internet tests show a constant low-ping high-speed connection.
How this can be anything other than a fault on ANet’s end?

Because speed tests dont check your speed to every possible location in the world along every possible path. Just because Anet’s servers are on a path between A and M going along BDEHK to get to M, and a speed test poking from A to G going along BCF to get there says you’re fine while your game performance suffers, does not equate “ANET PLIZ FIX YO kitten” when there’s potentially 10-50 points between you and them that can be going wrong.

Posted by: Fearless.8093

Fearless.8093

same problems Paketloss is HUGE
No need for photos or videos XD
I hope they will fix this soon. This year XD

Andraus.3874

I don’t have packet loss so that isn’t the problem.

Andraus.3874

I don’t have packet loss so that isn’t the problem.

Once upon a time we were roommates. You were in the kitchen eating dinner. I was in the office studying hard. The light went out in the kitchen. You yell, the light went out! This power must be out! I say, no The light is working in the office. But you continue to insist that the power is out. I explained that it could be the lightbulb most likely, or the wiring could be faulty. But you continue to insist that the power is out. That’s when I decided to kick you out. The end

Posted by: Ravenhunt.2735

Ravenhunt.2735

… as i said before… in germany are holidays. Traffic rises, node providers lower the traffic with network “brakes”.
Its only one idea…

Problem: The EU Server Center stays in Frankfurt am Main, germany.
So everyone in EU, or many/some of us suffer from nice lags at maintimes. In germany most between 6pm to 11pm. After this timespan the lags are mostly gone.

Test it on your own. Note the times when the lag happens and set it with this daytimes.
Is it the same timespan? (remember the difference between timezones before you note it down and correct it)

Yes: You suffer from traffic brakes in one network node between you and NCSofts Datacenter.

No: Someone else… search is not over for you. :O

Ventari says: “Act with wisdom, but act”
Meme says: “Meme?”

Andraus.3874

I’m having huge packet losses and unplayable lag in wvw. My friend who lives near me has this same problem too. I’ve been running wvw fine before the server linking, could this be a possible reason for the lags?

Nope. It’s probably a node issue along your connection to Anet servers.

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

So I was having issues with GW2 (massive ping, etc). Ran ping plotter, found the nodes with issues, contacted my ISP and they went and escalated the issue to the nodes in question. So really, if you run ping plotter and see that it’s not an Anet issue, contact your ISP. They really do handle it. (Some ISPs are better then others so push if yours isn’t helping).

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Posted by: Akuni.8604

Akuni.8604

So I was having issues with GW2 (massive ping, etc). Ran ping plotter, found the nodes with issues, contacted my ISP and they went and escalated the issue to the nodes in question. So really, if you run ping plotter and see that it’s not an Anet issue, contact your ISP. They really do handle it. (Some ISPs are better then others so push if yours isn’t helping).

It is in fact a NCsoft problem tho. Pingplotter shows usually three ncsoft servers with 20+% package loss and one before (which is not labeled ncsoft-server) but is used by them nevertheless (you can check easily via whois for example).
That one, for example, popped up today in my traceroute: http://www.ip-adress.com/whois/213.71.135.138
It’s not labeled like the other ncsoft servers where the game is running, however it is clearly registered by NCsoft.

It’s sort of sad that there’s no word on the issue whatsoever. You should have seen the LoL forums back in the days before the serversplits – Way better communication.