Using VPN for paysafecard payment

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Cloud.3056

Cloud.3056

Q:

Hello.So i would like to purchase the HoT expansion and some gems but since my country dosen’t have the support for the paysafecard option, and that is currently the only way i could buy those,i was wondering if it would be ok to use aVPN to buy those things.Thanks!

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

I doubt it, since you still need to put in your address with the payment and a VPN won’t change your physical address. They wouldn’t say your country can’t use that form of payment but allow people to trick the system to get around it. That is almost a form of theft.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Posted by: gegula.8249

gegula.8249

I used to do the exact same thing for LoL(back when i didnt have paypal) , and yes VPN does infact opens up the additional payment options , and as far as i know , paysafecard doesnt require adress or anything , just the code.
But i dont see how can giving anet cash be illegal , unsure tho=)

Posted by: ZombiiDuud.1428

ZombiiDuud.1428

I play behind a VPN almost exclusively, other than identifying yourself for account security issues I dont see why you couldnt

Posted by: Cloud.3056

Cloud.3056

Turns out if i try to buy from the web page,paysafecard option is crossed over,but when i try to buy in-game from the gem shop it works just fine.Weird :/
Thanks for helping peeps