Why is my transfer not working?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: bardaangrg.5687

bardaangrg.5687

Hello i am I am an EU player that decided to go on NA server due to me staying up late on my days off i bought Guild Wars 2 yesterday and choose BlackGate as my server when i choose BlackGate as my server it says ’Your world transfer is currently processing. If there is a high demand, this may take longer then usual. Thank you for your patience.

After a while when i log in it tells me to choose my home server again.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

What happened when you chose a new home server after logging in again? Did you get the same message, or was it asking you to pay the transfer free again? (I assume it didn’t work or you wouldn’t be posting this.)

If it’s not trying to charge you twice maybe just pick Blackgate as your home server and see what happens? It might let you transfer.

If it’s trying to charge you again contact Support and ask for their help.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: joshc.3129

joshc.3129

It means just that “’Your world transfer is currently processing. If there is a high demand, this may take longer then usual. Thank you for your patience.”

Your account is being moved from one server to another.

Kill stuff to unlock weapons skills, most confusing thing I ever heard of. (sarcasm)

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Yes, this may takes days or longer depending on the waiting list. If you feel something is off, contact a customer service rep.

But Josh is right.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I may be confused. Are you trying to transfer from the server you originally chose when creating your first character?…or trying to choose your first server?

You can only transfer once per week, this includes the period after choosing your very first server.

As noted above, if you continue to have issues, contact the CS Team for assistance. Top of Page – Support – Submit a Request.

Welcome to Tyria, and good luck.

Posted by: joshc.3129

joshc.3129

What I don’t get and may be missing something is ever since the mega sever why are there still individual servers?

Kill stuff to unlock weapons skills, most confusing thing I ever heard of. (sarcasm)

bardaangrg.5687

I have no server at all since i just bought the game i choose BlackGate as my home server it says that “’Your world transfer is currently processing. If there is a high demand, this may take longer then usual. Thank you for your patience.” then when i log in again it makes me choose a server again and the same thing repeats again and again.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If the game isn’t forcibly logging you out, you might just wait for the transfer to complete, rather than starting over each time.

If you continue to have issues, contact the CS Team and they will assist you.

Good luck.

Posted by: GM Talon.8726

GM Talon.8726

Lead Game Master

Next

We’re aware of an issue with world transfers (or in your case, choosing a world) not completing successfully under certain circumstances. It’s being addressed at this time. Apologies for any inconvenience!

Posted by: Misfit.5962

Misfit.5962

What I don’t get and may be missing something is ever since the mega sever why are there still individual servers?

WvW

Posted by: rednaz.8234

rednaz.8234

Hi, I am having the same issue on an initial server set up, on a new account, only I am trying to set up Whiteridge as my home server.
Should I log my case with CS Team or will the fix for bardaangrg be a more global fix?
Thanks.

Posted by: luvhme.9748

luvhme.9748

Hi, I am having the same issue on an initial server set up, on a new account, only I am trying to set up Borlis Pass as my home server.

Posted by: Avascar.9237

Avascar.9237

Indeed. My friend got the game but he can’t play because of this problem.

bardaangrg.5687

it’s still not working :/

Posted by: Likurg.8920

Likurg.8920

Hello,

I have the same issue, but It’s my first time to choose initial home world. I have those errors about transferring my account, but next time when I open game, I need to choose my world again, and again and again. I don’t have any character yet ;.; It’s the same with every world.

Posted by: Sgtpepper.2480

Sgtpepper.2480

i just got the game for the first time and i can’t play because of this i send email for help

Posted by: luvhme.9748

luvhme.9748

Hello,

I have the same issue, but It’s my first time to choose initial home world. I have those errors about transferring my account, but next time when I open game, I need to choose my world again, and again and again. I don’t have any character yet ;.; It’s the same with every world.

Same here

Posted by: The PrimE.9648

The PrimE.9648

I`m a new player aswell and encounter the same problem, while choosing my homeworld.

It would be nice if the admins could give us an update on how long it will take to fix this problem, since I really would like to play…

(edited by The PrimE.9648)

Posted by: Richard.6924

Richard.6924

I’m having same issues as well, just brought the game and cant even play it because it won’t let me join a server..any word on a fix for this yet?

Likurg.8920

No, You can only report it and wait. :/ I am waiting almost 2 days. (since 16.12)

Posted by: Padrinho.1268

Padrinho.1268

am new at too was eager to play on server with my friends I’m having the same problem

Posted by: Avascar.9237

Avascar.9237

I hope it doesn’t take too long.

Likurg.8920

Still not working … 2 days :/ This Wintersday event is still in process? I hope that they will fix it before new year :?

The PrimE.9648

I really hope they fix it sooner… and give us an update on when the problem will be fixed, I just bought this game and not being able to play for a few days now already, while everyone else has no problems, really sucks.

Padrinho.1268

I agree same situation and my friends playing normally

Posted by: JebNickle.8947

JebNickle.8947

Exact same issue for me and a buddy of mine! I sent a ticket in last night but haven’t heard anything yet. I am trying to set Devona’s Rest as my home server but no luck

Previous

GM Talon.8726

Lead Game Master

Next

The problem has been identified and a fix is currently in the works. Again, I’m sorry for this inconvenience, everyone! I’ll update this thread again once I’ve been notified that the fix has been implemented.

Posted by: Sgtpepper.2480

Sgtpepper.2480

God bless you Talon ^.^

The PrimE.9648

Thanks for giving us an update Talon, it is really appreciated.

Posted by: NaIzE.4173

NaIzE.4173

Thanks for the update!

Padrinho.1268

Thanks for update GM Talon

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

WvW is still server based.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: JebNickle.8947

JebNickle.8947

Thanks GM Talon for the update!!! Looking forward to playing countless hours!!!

Previous

GM Talon.8726

Lead Game Master

The fix has been implemented with the hotfix that just went out. If you’re still encountering this issue, please submit a support ticket so that we can look further into your individual situation. Thank you all so much for your patience!

Posted by: greenscorpion.6207

greenscorpion.6207

Yes, Finally, the long wait is over…. I created my first Character. It’s working ! Thank Gm Talon!

Posted by: AlterZero.7531

AlterZero.7531

Thanks for the fix GM, although it was not up to you, this shouldve been fixed sooner! I wasnt able to play for 3 days! Anyway im glad i can now, thanks.

bardaangrg.5687

Thank you it’s working now