Wil be issuing a chargeback in 24 hours

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Savious.6723

Savious.6723

I will be telling my credit card company to issue a chargeback on my purchase if you do not explain why I am permanently banned from this game.

I have received no information as to what the issue was and was booted mid play session without warning. No email has been sent to me, no reply to my ticket.

Tomorrow at 3 pm MTN. I have a few guild mates with the same issue and they will be doing the same.

Posted by: Drintar.1246

Drintar.1246

If you’ve looked around you’ll see that most likely you’ve been banned because they suspect your account is compromised. Take a look at the security tab under my account, does it show any log ins from some strange place that are not you? If yes they banned the account to stop a hacker from screwing you over. If no, try to log into the game and post what the message says. If it’s the generic one it’s still likely it was because they thought you’d been compromised.

EDIT: And btw I can save you some time they are a few days behind on support tickets, so throwing an ultimatum out like a 5 year old saying they will take their ball and go home if someone doesn’t stop something, won’t get you an answer within 24 hours.

(edited by Drintar.1246)

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

I totally understand your frustration, I really do. I hope you will be able to hold on a bit, though, because we’ve come up with some solutions just this morning that will address a lot of the larger issues, or which will make huge inroads into response times.

And hey, you know what? This isn’t an issue with your account! Not sure if you got the wrong message or what, but the timeframe you gave is exactly aligned with the current server outage that the team is working on furiously. So it’s not just you and your guildies, it’s everyone, and it’ll be resolved in real short order.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Savious.6723

Doesn’t matter what the reason is, they need to communicate what the issue is. If my account is suspected of “being hacked” then they need to convey that. Instead I get a message saying “YOURE BANNED”?
I think their security system is over zealous.

Posted by: Tattis.7512

Tattis.7512

What exactly is the given timeframe? I was banned this morning, no reason as far as I can see. Am I in the right timeframe?

Thanks!

Posted by: anonymouse.9053

anonymouse.9053

Doesn’t matter what the reason is, they need to communicate what the issue is. If my account is suspected of “being hacked” then they need to convey that. Instead I get a message saying “YOURE BANNED”?
I think their security system is over zealous.

Would you rather they not ban your account and let the person who took it have full access forever?

Savious.6723

I was banned Monday afternoon. These ambiguous answers are not cutting it. Why was I banned? Im pretty sure everyone isn’t banned.

Savious.6723

Oh and, Drintar, if I had received dome communication, I wouldn’t need to throw out ultimatums. Im threatening a chargeback because, guess what, I can’t use the product I paid money for and I do not even know why.

That’s unacceptable.

Drintar.1246

like I said what does it say when you try to log in? Did you look at the security tab like I said to see if there were any unusual log ins?

Posted by: Aero.8160

Aero.8160

I feel for ya, some of us have been banned since as early as the 30th and have gotten 0-1 response(s) from customer support with no resolution.

(edited by Aero.8160)

Posted by: Amberle.5608

Amberle.5608

Drintar Same thing has happened to hundreds of us… maybe thousands. Not sure really. No warning. No email. Banned. And when you are banned – (in my case anyhow) we cannot see who logged in when because they created a “support” account to be able to communicate.

Savious is well within his rights to dispute the charges. I took a different route but have hopefully covered myself in case I never get an answer. It’s disappointing at best to purchase something and have to spend hours trying to figure out why you suddenly cannot use the game you spent a decent bit of money on and had waited to play.

Just wanted to throw some attempt at reason in here. Sav is upset and certainly not acting like a 5 year old. I can assure you the Better Business and Consumer Protection organizations would agree an ultimatum is reasonable. Sadly, I do not think in the current situation it will help him get answers any faster. Sometimes you just have to wait out the bad to get to the good. I hope Guild Wars 2 makes right by the players that had to go through this.

Drintar.1246

Amberle So the support account erases your security page information under my account on this website?

Posted by: thatoneguywtf.3172

thatoneguywtf.3172

Drintar Same thing has happened to hundreds of us… maybe thousands. Not sure really. No warning. No email. Banned. And when you are banned – (in my case anyhow) we cannot see who logged in when because they created a “support” account to be able to communicate.

Savious is well within his rights to dispute the charges. I took a different route but have hopefully covered myself in case I never get an answer. It’s disappointing at best to purchase something and have to spend hours trying to figure out why you suddenly cannot use the game you spent a decent bit of money on and had waited to play.

Just wanted to throw some attempt at reason in here. Sav is upset and certainly not acting like a 5 year old. I can assure you the Better Business and Consumer Protection organizations would agree an ultimatum is reasonable. Sadly, I do not think in the current situation it will help him get answers any faster. Sometimes you just have to wait out the bad to get to the good. I hope Guild Wars 2 makes right by the players that had to go through this.

Excellent response. I’m in the same boat as the OP here and it is absolutely frustrating. I feel like I’m being cheated out of my money. It’s one thing to be banned, it’s a completely different issue when you don’t know what you’ve been banned for and everything you do to find out nets you with no response at all.

Posted by: Lmnotz.2057

Lmnotz.2057

Just an FYI..if you were one that exploited the karma weapons could be a reason your banned…or for botting…any of these could be reasons..I see a lot of people afk’ing at event chains and ppl asking if they’re there and with no response they get reported for botting…these are things that may happen

Amberle.5608

Yes it did – actually you could no longer access the tabs/sections you find on the left – your account info and support. I assume this is a safety precaution against a possible hack.

I’ll be honest. I was incredibly frustrated for a few days and then just went out and bought a new boxed copy. I figure with the number of reports of issues, it could be a long time before they get things settled enough to figure this all out. I hope, as I said, that GW2 and ArenaNet figure things out and find a way to satisfy their customer base. And I wish you guys luck

Savious.6723

Yea, I’ll just do a chargeback and buy a new game. Maybe come back to this when they can handle things more professionally.

Posted by: Sohama.3682

Sohama.3682

Agree, Unfortunately I prepurchased ce version on gamestop couple months ago. If there is a way to get my money back, i will do the same to ask for the refund. it has been 6 days, and is still not resolved.

Posted by: Aero.8160

Aero.8160

If my guild wars 1 account wasn’t linked to this account I would have already did- a charge-back AND bought another account. That would most certainly be faster than my ticket which is 6 days old.

Posted by: Minato.7941

Minato.7941

To be honest, I’m not surprised there is so much talk of charge-backs. The way that customer support has been handled thus far, especially with the limited ways to contact them (for awhile it was ticket/twitter/facebook only) for problems. Such underdeveloped support is a poor reflection on the company, especially with all the problems they have had.

My gf purchased a digital version of the game from GameStop, and has already contacted them regarding a refund because she’s absolutely furious with the amount of time it’s taking to get any sort of response at all for being hacked.

If they won’t work with her (they don’t usually issue refunds for digital games,) she’s going to contact her CC company and go from there.

Best of luck to everyone no matter what you choose.

Posted by: tayet.9751

tayet.9751

I am almost certain if your incident # is 120904 or 05 and you dont have a toon over lvl 25 it will be faster to start over…even if ya do have toons 25 plus they are gonna be naked and broke when you get them back and they already said they are not restoring items

let restate that…not restoring at this time anyways

Posted by: Sagacity.3120

Sagacity.3120

I have a difficult time siding with a chargeback on this one. (Even beyond an argument to separate moral vs legal obligations by all parties) People only trade currency for a product/service if they believe from their perspective that their purchase is worth more to them than the money they spent. Savious (and perhaps others) seems to feel the value expected prior and the current value perceived might be significantly less in value enough to rescind the purchase with their financial institution. Is it a right of the customer? No, it is a privilege, but definitely an option for them to partake just like making their purchase in the first place.

Don’t take this all for granted. Receiving “Support” is a great privilege and ArenaNet is actually mitigating things well from my perspective. (Keep up the good work!)

Do customers always get what they expect? Almost never. I’m sorry Savious if this is difficult to go through, but I believe from my experience with Anet and other gaming companies that this one will work out if you haven’t heard direct word yet. I want this experience for you to change your view on expectations regardless of the information given to you and maybe by the end of this you may feel things were worth waiting for instead of ‘gametime stolen’ from you.

Nature can do no less but entertain the living with many a heavy cogitation.

Posted by: atrain.7064

atrain.7064

I recieved my ban 4 days ago and still havent heard anything. How do u go about doing a chargeback? Thing is, i bought my copy digitally almost 6 months ago to get beta access, so its probably too late for me, eh? Best of luck to all!

Posted by: Elsefyre.1924

Elsefyre.1924

You can do what you want since it’s your money but if you’re really not gonna wait for a fix then you’re gonna miss out on experience. You can look for a different experience elsewhere I suppose so…

Posted by: Madness.3910

Madness.3910

I have only logged into the game for about 30 minutes to an hour once shortly after the game was launched but I now get the same " you are banned" message. I put in a ticket a number of days ago and have yet to get any response from ArenaNet. I have Spybot search and destroy, Avast, SuperAntiSpyware and IObit malware protection always running on my system with a teatimer. If there was a Security breach is was on Arenanets end and not mine! I payed early for this game and have had the total sum of one playing hour
(if that) on the game…rather pathetic!

(edited by Madness.3910)

Posted by: tayet.9751

tayet.9751

Oh and, Drintar, if I had received dome communication, I wouldn’t need to throw out ultimatums. Im threatening a chargeback because, guess what, I can’t use the product I paid money for and I do not even know why.

That’s unacceptable.

I feel the same way…I paid the money…and as of yet I have only recieved a few hours of service ( the lil bit i played before being hacked). I am trying to give them all the leaway I can. It would be real easy to call my CC and in a few days my $60 would be back. I didnt play any betas and didnt pre-order (until night before tuesdays launch). I dont even know if I would be missing a fun game even. I enjoyed the few hours i did play before being hacked…….but I am not enjoying dealing with customer support.

My wife had her EQ2 account hacked a few years back……she called them and after a few private/personal questions were anwsered by her she was back in the game within 15 minutes from start to finish. Sony is not exactlly known for good CS…so Anet might wanna take a look at their current CS situation and make some changes….quickly.

Amberle.5608

Do customers always get what they expect? Almost never. I’m sorry Savious if this is difficult to go through, but I believe from my experience with Anet and other gaming companies that this one will work out if you haven’t heard direct word yet. I want this experience for you to change your view on expectations regardless of the information given to you and maybe by the end of this you may feel things were worth waiting for instead of ‘gametime stolen’ from you.

Although you have a valid point that customers do not always get what they expect, there is a commercial (and legal I might add) line crossed here. The direct marketing venue on this was the fact that you can pay for the game and play without having to subscribe to a service or continuing payment plan. In return for a product purchased (unless otherwise noted and agreed to – ie. “as is”, “at your own risk”) it must be in good working order and functional AS ADVERTISED AND MARKETED. In this regard, Guild Wars 2 currently fails several tests to validate a fair market purchase.

I get what you are trying to say but unfortunately you are incorrect. I cannot think of a more polite way to put that. I hate to argue and fighting unknown folks in verbal thread trolling is also a waste of time, but I really wish people would stop defending the reactions and service level of ArenaNet on this one. Mega-fail.

Do I think my $60 game is worth hiring an attorney to fight them over? No and I certainly hope they get to a point where they can satisfy my complaint. Do I think that 500 or more players with the same issues and complaints could put together a horribly scarey class action? Oh yes I do.

Again, I went on and purchased another copy. Hopefully they will make right by me at some point down the road. But do not believe for one minute that this is fair or legal in the long run. Law is a funny, intricate and sometimes elusive thing to get one’s head around.

Posted by: Clarity.7281

Clarity.7281

I think you missed the whole point, All i would ask is to be understanding because it is and can be difficult. Threats can’t make them suddenly come to a revelation they haven’t yet. They work hard if you watched them during the Beta Weekend tests they were working hard, and they produced fantastic work then.

Now there is alot more to deal with, 6 days is and can be a long time i understand that, but i still also understand their position too. give them time, they have been working not sitting around partying, or wasting time.

While you are all well within your rights to invoke a chargeback, note it is well within their rights to not render you assistance if you do so. Might just be better to keep them posted about the issue and be patient. the more understanding and more detailed information you give them will give them a better chance of solving it much more quickly.

Friendliness tends to be better than big bad threats in my opinion.