Zenith Item Issues [merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Zeh.8639

Zeh.8639

Well long story short, i was previewing all of the zenith weapons from the reward chest and i miss clicked on confirm, and worse of all i did it on the torch and as a necromancer i do not have a use for it.
Well it also turns out the skin is soulbound so i can’t just trade it to one of my alts, if its possible to either rollback my receiving the chest or just straight replacing the skin for something else (Dagger would be cool) i would be tremendously grateful.

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Stuck-with-Soulbound-Zenith-skin/2388612

The items are soulbound when created, but the skin itself is account bound. (Like HoM rewards.)

Posted by: KiwiSoda.9480

KiwiSoda.9480

Same story here.
I would like to have dagger skin but had longbow skin instead.
Much appreciated if you can do anything about this.

Zeh.8639

oh yes, i see. still i would much rather not have the torch. although i assume that eventually we ll get all skins. thanks for the quick response anyway

Posted by: nergalo.9825

nergalo.9825

Same here, wrong choice. Focus skin for a warrior (I want axe!)
can u change it?

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

They usually state they cannot reverse player error. I’ve seen people post here with making mistakes like getting two unique ascended items. I’m probably a bit rude here but what happened to allow you to make the mistake? Were you just in a hurry?

The Burninator

KiwiSoda.9480

Well, I logged in and this window popup for me, I scrolled the weapon skins and maybe click on some skins. Without thinking too much, i clicked accept, thought that i could decider later on, but it said i have choosed something, which is not my intend.

At least a confirm window would be nice.
We do that on deleting items, but not on choosing items that could take you months to get?

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I thought it was pretty clear. It showed a list and said choose one. Then you had to click the button after you choose the one you want.

The Burninator

Zeh.8639

well for me it was just a misclick between preview and confirm. It would be nice to add a are you sure yes or no box to prevent this mistakes to happen further i guess. misclicks shouldn’t be irreversible imho

KiwiSoda.9480

A new window with many infos always confuse users. Maybe not all of the players, but still.

I was a game designer, faced many problems like this, but this time it still got me.

And, if someone official can answer “we can/cannot do this” would be nice. At least I know what to do with the longbow skin.

Posted by: Yoroiookami.3485

Yoroiookami.3485

I somehow ended up with Zenith Sword instead of Greatsword. Is it possible to undo it, or to exchange it? ._.

Posted by: Cript Keeper.7842

Cript Keeper.7842

I intended to get staff skin but I accepted the reward on my Warrior. Staff skin is completely useless for warriors.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I intended to get staff skin but I accepted the reward on my Warrior. Staff skin is completely useless for warriors.

It’s account wide. If you check your Hero panel, you can get as many staff skins as you want.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Mardermann.7468

Mardermann.7468

Strange … I was 100% sure I had the staff selected and ended up with the shortbow…
Could there be a bug?
Is there a possibility to change that somehow?

Posted by: Makedok.3584

Makedok.3584

I was in a battle in wvw and I got to select anything so no wep skin for me

Posted by: KingSpoKen.3597

KingSpoKen.3597

It’s 2:22 am, I just worked a 8 hour shift until midnight and I knew that today was the day that I get my new zenith skin. I planned for this skin for days. I waited and I anticipated.. right now I’m crushed. I wanted the greatsword skin, and I even spent my only 6 gold on a berserker’s greatsword just for that skin, but as soon as I go to apply that skin, I realized that I somehow picked the hammer skin. Horror is the only way to describe how I feel, is there anything that can be done? I haven’t touched the skin and have since logged out. Any help would be appreciated, it was an honest mistake.

Thanks in advance.

Astral Projections.7320

I don’t believe they have said they will, or even can, fix this sort of error. You get another chest with a selection of weapon skins at 2000 achievement points. If you already have that then it’s 2 more days.

Posted by: SandraSolace.7682

SandraSolace.7682

I’m afraid you’re gonna have to wait till you can select the skin you wanted, just 2 more days if you have enough points. (there are a lot of people that have this issue, so it might still turn out to be a bug and get fixed)
The skin you have now you could use on another char if you want.
These skins can be claimed more the once in your achievement panel

Posted by: Kootje.9271

Kootje.9271

Although i’m apparently a missclicker too… Got the hammer when i thought i chose the gs.

Anyways i found out i’m getting enough zenith skins to match the weapons i want. So for me the problem is solved.

Fyi zenith skins are given at 1000, 2000, 4000, 5000.
I needed 3 skins and have 5k ap, so i’m good.
For the people with <2k ap it sucks when u got the wrong skin, for w/e reason.
(though u can get 2k ap quite fast, even i have 5k+ and i only kill rabbits)

Proud member of Dutch-Finest Guild on Far Shiverpeaks.

If it ain’t dutch,… :P

(edited by Kootje.9271)

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Beyond a mistake issue there seem to be a lot of people reporting “I picked A skin and got B skin”.

Either there is actually a not well understood yet bug when selecting he skin, or there are lots of players making “mistakes” due to mechanics of the selection process itself.

It will be interesting to see how ANet handles and/or responds to this issue.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Astral Projections.7320

There does seem to be a number of people who say they chose one and got another. One does have to wonder if there is a bug here. Unfortunately, I suspect that even if there is one and its fixed, there is probably no way to do a retroactive change for those who didn’t get what they wanted.

However, those who selected one and got another should file a bug report.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

We’re looking into the concern, specifically about Zenith items. Please hold up on the matter until we have more info.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

It’s 2:22 am, I just worked a 8 hour shift until midnight and I knew that today was the day that I get my new zenith skin. I planned for this skin for days. I waited and I anticipated.. right now I’m crushed. I wanted the greatsword skin, and I even spent my only 6 gold on a berserker’s greatsword just for that skin, but as soon as I go to apply that skin, I realized that I somehow picked the hammer skin. Horror is the only way to describe how I feel, is there anything that can be done? I haven’t touched the skin and have since logged out. Any help would be appreciated, it was an honest mistake.

Thanks in advance.

Just to let you know, I merged your thread into a somewhat larger one about the Zenith items. Please note we are investigating this issue and hope to have more info soon.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: nergalo.9825

nergalo.9825

thks Gaile Gray, a lot of people who say they chose one and got another: hammer for gs, focus for axe(for me), staff for sbow, ecc… bug maybe?

Posted by: GirlFebruary.3870

GirlFebruary.3870

Thank you for investigating. I did submit a bug report as well; I tried to apply my staff skin to my staff to find that it was a scepter skin.

Posted by: Genophix.3098

Genophix.3098

Thanks for the information Gaile.

I chose the Greatsword and ended up with a sceptor skin. I am 100% sure that I did select the GS. I’m not sure if it helps but I spent ages looking through each skin to see which one I wanted.

Has the preview somehow affected the choice you make?

I know a few people have said that we should not worry as we can chose properly in a few days when the next chest unlocks but ofc if this really is a bug it needs sorting or we could be here again

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Just as a side note, I got my first Zenith skin last night and didn’t see anything odd except for the fact that you had to double click the skin you wanted (rather than simply select it) before the ACCEPT button would become active so you could finalize the selection. To be honest this should make it MORE difficult to select the wrong skin and it is also possible that this was an stealth change with yesterdays patch…..have no way of knowing how the selection process worked previously.

BTW, selected Great Sword skin and got GS skin….

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Genophix.3098

Just as a side note, I got my first Zenith skin last night and didn’t see anything odd except for the fact that you had to double click the skin you wanted (rather than simply select it) before the ACCEPT button would become active so you could finalize the selection. To be honest this should make it MORE difficult to select the wrong skin and it is also possible that this was an stealth change with yesterdays patch…..have no way of knowing how the selection process worked previously.

BTW, selected Great Sword skin and got GS skin….

That could be it, if you have to double click before it registers your selection then many will just click and assume (rightly I think) that is has been highlighted ready for the confirm button being pressed.

If I’m honest I don’t remember if I double clicked but I’ll be sure to check on the next try.

Posted by: Miltek.2104

Miltek.2104

I had same problem when I missclicked and bought Heavy Fused Gauntlets instead of medium.
Support can’t help me :/
What can I do ? (I think nothing)

I can do anything for changing that skin

Trust me. I’m engineer

(edited by Miltek.2104)

Posted by: Shining Fury.1327

Shining Fury.1327

Hi, I too am having this issue. I am certain that I chose the zenith recurved bow skin and ended up with the hammer one ( which I have no use atm)…
Is there some sort of way to do a one time re-choice?

Posted by: bubumochi.8512

bubumochi.8512

I had a similar issue, I though to have chosen the focus skin, but the end I found in my inventory the scepter skin =[

Nutellha

The Original Hazelnut Spread, from 1964

Posted by: Party Joke.3567

Party Joke.3567

Hi, I accidentally picked wrong weapon from zenith weapon skins could you please exchange it to a staff? I picked spear accidentally because I was taking a part in sanctum racing when achievement window popped up I clicked on spear because I mistook it for a staff. I was in a hurry so I wasn’t paying too much attention. Sorry and thanks in advance.

Posted by: Hartman.4267

Hartman.4267

Well let me start off by saying i only have 3000 achievement points, so i wont be able to get a zenith skin for awile. So i chose the zenith hammer skin, and i got the zenith staff skin, i only have one character who uses the staff. I realize this may be a bug or it might just be my mistake, but i was wondering if i could refund the zenith staff for the zenith hammer, if you could make this change i would be forever greatful, thanks.

Raptor Hartman
Warrior of Maguuma – June 29, 2013
Proud member of Seraphim Martyrs [BURN]

Posted by: Niyati.4215

Niyati.4215

lol How ironic…i picked the Zenith staff and got the hammer. Yes, i would like this refunded as well, i have no use for the hammer. I am hopeing they read this and fix it. i would rather not waste points on something i don’t want, i was going to get a bow next time. :/

Hartman.4267

Yeah, if they dont lend me a hand here ill have to go farm 900 achievement points T-T

Raptor Hartman

Posted by: ContraBit.9174

ContraBit.9174

Lol seems like im not the only one who picked the wrong weapon skin, apparently i had the axe skin selected but i was previewing the shield skin.
All i wanted was the shield skin because of the particles, now i have a skin for a weapon i dont use…

Posted by: Party Joke.3567

Party Joke.3567

I did the same, I picked wrong item accidentally because I was taking a part in sanctum racing when achievement window popped up.

Posted by: Niyati.4215

Niyati.4215

I picked a staff and got a hammer. made sure i had the staff selected before accepting it.

Hartman.4267

I chose a hammer (or so I hope I did) and got a staff. Almost positive I chose the hammer though. Made my own forum post about this but then saw this one, if you could help I would be forever thankful, thanks.

Raptor Hartman

Posted by: amethyst.3264

amethyst.3264

Hello there, I choose a Zenith Dagger instead of Torch. I play a guardian and dagger is no use for me, and I wanted the blue flame of that torch…I really really want to have that torch. I previewed all weapons before I made the choice…I am just so confused. It would be appreciated if you can refund it for me. Thank you very much.

Posted by: RedEyeJedi.3806

RedEyeJedi.3806

why are they even soulbound? i didnt know they were when i chose the long bow skin on my mesmer. ridiculous. they are account achievement rewards, not character rewards. now to wait till i get a bow drop to apply it to then transmute onto my ranger….if i can even do that.

edit: im a lil slow see, and i didnt know u could get the skin more then once. deeeeeerp. ty guys for a great game.

(edited by RedEyeJedi.3806)

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

Can I merge Zenith Avenger Skin with Vision of the Mists and still have the glow? cant find anyway to preview.

Posted by: jakakettu.9083

jakakettu.9083

I think I have a problem with my achievement points and large chests.
When I got the chest for 3000 points I received Zenith skin from the chest… Shouldn’t I have gotten the gloves instead?

I got another large chest (4000points) this morning and I got another Zenith skin out from it. Is this normal or do I still get a chance to have the gloves? I really would love to have the gloves but instead of those I have more Zenith skins.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

So, far we have gotten the 100 pt chest, 500 pt chest, 1000 pt chest and 1500 pt chest. Today we received the 2000 pt chest. No one has moved up to 3000 or 4000 yet. The chest that show in the Achievement window are chests you are yet to receive. What you have to look forward to. Once you get a chest, it drops off the preview window. So, you will get gloves in a couple of days, if you log in each day. =)

Genophix.3098

Hello ArenaNet, is there any update on this one?

Ive not touched the skin since it landed in my inventory in case I do something that makes the process perminant.

Posted by: Bobbo.3815

Bobbo.3815

Like the topic says:

I have 1600 Ach Points on my account. First day logon, I get a chest, but no option to choose Zenith weapon skin. Day two logon, get another chest but no option to choose Zenith weapon skin.

What am I doing wrong? Why dont I get the option to choose skin since it clearly displays on the info popup on mouse over the chests that at 1000 points I get to choose skin?

Thankful for an answer

Astral Projections.7320

The zenith skin reward is in the third day’s chest. You get one chest a day until you reach the max achievement points you have.

https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/85573/Achievements.jpg

From your post it sounds like you have only opened 2 chests.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Posted by: Bobbo.3815

Bobbo.3815

Thanks for the Reply.
Yes and No, I have recieved and opened 2 chest only, but today I logged on and did not revieve any chest at all. Adding a screen if it helps to clarify anything.

I understand the image you posted and how it works, but as I said, 3rd day and no chest, just think something is wrong :/

cheers

Attachments:

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Remember, the chest are allocated each day at reset, which is 5pm PDT or 00:00 UTC.

Astral Projections.7320

Remember, the chest are allocated each day at reset, which is 5pm PDT or 00:00 UTC.

Yah, minor detail. I forgot to mention that. ^^