can't buy gems?

can't buy gems?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: CajunSinjin.3410

CajunSinjin.3410

I’ve tried to buy gems several times and I keep getting the message “Unfortunately an error has occurred. Please try again later” I’ve tried again later and still not able to. FYI – I’ve already called my bank and there is nothing wrong with my Visa card, they don’t even see the attempt coming in.

Is there an issue with the system at the moment?

can't buy gems?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can contact the Billing CS Team via the ‘Support’ link above/below and ‘Submit a Request’ for assistance.

Good luck.

can't buy gems?

Posted by: CajunSinjin.3410

CajunSinjin.3410

Ok………tried that. Now I’m getting the message “Request could not be created as:
Guild Wars 2 E-Mail Address (Account Log-in Name): is invalid”

Ummm……I know I’ve got my email address right.

Is this whole system breaking down now

can't buy gems?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can always contact the CS Team by sending an email to support@guildwars2.com, though they may ask you (at first) to use the web-form.

Good luck.

can't buy gems?

Posted by: maelys ashe.9017

maelys ashe.9017

I can’t enter credit card details at all. The boxes are red after credit card type and won’t accept details

can't buy gems?

Posted by: Murgatroyd Strikes.2890

Murgatroyd Strikes.2890

I’ve just logged a ticket. Getting an “unfortunately an error has occurred, please try again later” message when trying to purchase with Credit Card or Paypal. Have been hav9ing the problem for a week. First time have had a problem and google doesn’t seem to show many of this type recently. Only adding to the thread since I searched the forums for a solution before logging ticket.

can't buy gems?

Posted by: Alexandr Nocturne.9140

Alexandr Nocturne.9140

Same problem here. I already submitted a ticket and are waiting on them. Only posting here in case it’s part of a larger issue.

Update: I contacted my bank and they stated they never even got the requests, so it’s on your end somewhere.

(edited by Alexandr Nocturne.9140)

can't buy gems?

Posted by: Taternator.6578

Taternator.6578

Like the above, I’ve got the same issue and did the same thing.

can't buy gems?

Posted by: Ester Sauter

Ester Sauter

GW2 QA Lead

Next

Are any of you all still having this issue? If so can you PM me your email? I was just able to buy gems with a new credit card in game so we will have to look at the individual accounts to figure out what is going on. But we are looking into it!

can't buy gems?

Posted by: Adwick.1603

Adwick.1603

Hello guys,

I am creating this topic – i hope i am in the right thread- because since earlier this afternoon i cannot buy gems from the gem store, every time i enter my credit card number and chose the amount of gems i want, a red bar appears at the top of the window saying ’An error has occured, please try again later".

Is this normal? My credit card is valid because i have already bought gems from the store and i also bought the HoT expansion… I tried a relog, a reboot, i tried also to select another amount of gems but i am still getting the error message :c

Is there a solution?

Thank you in advance

can't buy gems?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

can't buy gems?

Adwick.1603

Hey guys, i am having the same issue, it’s frustrating :c

Also Ester i cannot send you a PM yet as apparently i need to wait 2 days before sending pm’s :o

~ EDIT: Removed personal e-mail address. Will relay it to Ester. Thank you ~

Thanks in advance

(edited by Moderator)

can't buy gems?

Adwick.1603

Thank you, i am glad to see i am not the only one having this error… i’ll check the post regularly hoping to get good news soon

can't buy gems?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Hey guys, i am having the same issue, it’s frustrating :c

Also Ester i cannot send you a PM yet as apparently i need to wait 2 days before sending pm’s :o

~ EDIT: Removed personal e-mail address. Will relay it to Ester. Thank you ~

Thanks in advance

Posting personal information in a public forum may lead to a security risk; you might consider removing that information, especially if it is your log-in email address.

Good luck.

Edit: Duh..forgot to redact the email address; thanks, Mod.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

can't buy gems?

Posted by: Alexandr Nocturne.9140

Alexandr Nocturne.9140

Took a nap and just woke up. It’s working now, thanks.

can't buy gems?

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Just a reminder: Please never post your e-mail address on the forums. This is exposing personal information that you want you to keep private, especially if that address is one you used to log in to the game.

If you are not able to PM Ester, please submit a ticket, or PM me and I will relay it to her.

Thanks for understanding.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

can't buy gems?

Posted by: vixxycrowe.1570

vixxycrowe.1570

I cannot buy gems either, the sale will be gone too gonna miss it. You guys going to extend the sale that is going on in the gem shop since some of us can’t seem to buy gems?

I can’t use paypal to purchase either.

(edited by vixxycrowe.1570)

can't buy gems?

Posted by: sneakytank.3851

sneakytank.3851

I’ve been having this issue for more than an year. It’s been a gem drought here.

can't buy gems?

maelys ashe.9017

The game still doesn’t want my money either…same issue with the credit card detail entry. Card is valid, functional today, and I used it to purchase gems in the third week in Feb with no issues.

can't buy gems?

Posted by: Iyarin.3201

Iyarin.3201

Still doesn’t work via paypal It doesn’t even links me to the paying website, just a error in-game.

EDIT: Well It did link me to the paypal site now, but when i tried to purchase it, it gave me the “Unfortunately there was an error with the payment provider” error

(edited by Iyarin.3201)

can't buy gems?

Previous

Ester Sauter

GW2 QA Lead

Next

I just spoke to our CS department and you can get much quicker results on addressing these issues if you put in a support ticket. My concern is that I will miss a response or not log in over the weekend and it will delay any help you can get.

The goal is to get everyone squared away and all of these reports are super helpful, but I want everyone to have their issue resolved quickly, and I may not be the best path.

I’ve sent all of the email addresses that I’ve gotten to CS, so hopefully these issues can be resolved.

can't buy gems?

Posted by: Melios.4706

Melios.4706

I am still unable to buy gems in-game and have submitted a support ticket with no response yet. I have been in the forums before but for some strange reason i am unable to “PM” and gives me the response to wait 2 days. I have already spent a lot on the game and willing to spend more on the in-game content but there seems to be continues issue.

can't buy gems?

maelys ashe.9017

Thank you Gaile for relaying email address, since game wouldn’t play nice. Logged ticket.

can't buy gems?

Previous

Ester Sauter

GW2 QA Lead

Next

Thank you Gaile for relaying email address, since game wouldn’t play nice. Logged ticket.

I sent you a message in game, I hope that solves your problems!

can't buy gems?

Melios.4706

I am still unable to purchase gems in-game. I have submitted tickets and even made a response on this forum article and haven’t heard anything yet. Is there a patch I am missing? Does there need to be changes done on my account?

can't buy gems?

Posted by: sombranox.3976

sombranox.3976

Add me to the pile of people unable to buy gems. Sadly my first attempt at it, was going to blow some birthday money on 8K gems and it gave me the “Unfortunately an error has occurred. Please try again later” for multiple paypal and credit card attempts.

Here’s hoping that the system doesn’t decide to put $1000 worth of charges through all at the same time delayed a few hours. That could suck a bit.

can't buy gems?

Posted by: Alastrom.3189

Alastrom.3189

I also am unable to purchase gems in game. I am receiving the same error message as the OP.

can't buy gems?

Posted by: DPSGamer.7958

DPSGamer.7958

Foe the last few days i’ve been unable to purchase gems through my paypal , Im reading others have had this prob too . Anyone had any response to this about when it will be fixed ?

can't buy gems?

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

Foe the last few days i’ve been unable to purchase gems through my paypal , Im reading others have had this prob too . Anyone had any response to this about when it will be fixed ?

Are any of you all still having this issue? If so can you PM me your email? I was just able to buy gems with a new credit card in game so we will have to look at the individual accounts to figure out what is going on. But we are looking into it!

Seems as if quite a few have been helped so far but the issue per account. Good Luck!

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

can't buy gems?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Seems as if quite a few have been helped so far but the issue per account. Good Luck!

More so, she said:

I just spoke to our CS department and you can get much quicker results on addressing these issues if you put in a support ticket. My concern is that I will miss a response or not log in over the weekend and it will delay any help you can get.

The goal is to get everyone squared away and all of these reports are super helpful, but I want everyone to have their issue resolved quickly, and I may not be the best path.

I’ve sent all of the email addresses that I’ve gotten to CS, so hopefully these issues can be resolved.

(See above.)

Do contact the Billing CS Team via the ‘Support’ link above/below and ‘Submit a Request’ for assistance.

Good luck.

can't buy gems?

maelys ashe.9017

Yay! New discounted harvesting tool set! Still can’t buy gems.

can't buy gems?

maelys ashe.9017

All fixed now! Thankyou to the GMs who threw ideas around until one of them stuck, and to Gaile and Ester, for being accessible in-game.

can't buy gems?

Melios.4706

I,as well, am able to purchase in-game gems now.

can't buy gems?

Posted by: Davy Jones.3712

Davy Jones.3712

yeah i was trying to buy gems today and it gives me this error
it was working fine yesterday….

can't buy gems?

Previous

Ester Sauter

GW2 QA Lead

If you can’t buy gems please put in a CS ticket, they will be able to help you much more quickly than I can.

Include what ever error messages you’re seeing and any history you can provide.

We are very sorry this is happening and they are the best equipped to fix your problem!

can't buy gems?

Posted by: lolage.1450

lolage.1450

I’ve had this a few times when trying to buy 8000 gems. It just would not accept it, so I tried 4000 gems and it worked the first time without issue.

If I recall correctly I’ve only had it when trying to purchase the maximum amount. It’s strange, I used a visa and I’m from EU playing on NA if that has anything to do with it.

can't buy gems?

Posted by: Dragonax.6487

Dragonax.6487

I must take my hat off for Anet, this is possibly the only game ever that make it difficult for people to spend