crash while doing nothing(report included)

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: AncientYs.8613

AncientYs.8613

okay so i was ingame just minding my own business, walking up to a vista when suddendly my game crashed.. here attached in a textfile are the details.

please help me because i crash often lately..

thanks!

Posted by: Sanira.2968

Sanira.2968

Same crashes Ive been getting and many other have but still no working solution or offical response

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

Thats a memory crash.

Your system has a little less then 4GB of ram (Shows as 3582MB – Shared Ram with Onboard Video?).

GW2.exe looks to be using about 2.7GB of your physical Ram (Estimating, it doesnt break it down in the report).

From what I have seen, GW2.exe likes to crash at 2.8-3.1GB of ram used against the gw2.exe application.

Aside from that, you have 4GB of ram, with GW2 and windows(dunno what else you have running), you have only 847MB of physical ram free. And due to that you are swapping alot of memory into the page file, about 1246MB of virtual ram is being used in the swap.

I would say, upgrade your system to 8GB of ram. I dont think it will stop the crashes (I still think its random, but the Numbers are 2.8GB-3.1GB from my personal testing) it should help.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

Posted by: AncientYs.8613

AncientYs.8613

Thats a memory crash.

Your system has a little less then 4GB of ram (Shows as 3582MB – Shared Ram with Onboard Video?).

GW2.exe looks to be using about 2.7GB of your physical Ram (Estimating, it doesnt break it down in the report).

From what I have seen, GW2.exe likes to crash at 2.8-3.1GB of ram used against the gw2.exe application.

Aside from that, you have 4GB of ram, with GW2 and windows(dunno what else you have running), you have only 847MB of physical ram free. And due to that you are swapping alot of memory into the page file, about 1246MB of virtual ram is being used in the swap.

I would say, upgrade your system to 8GB of ram. I dont think it will stop the crashes (I still think its random, but the Numbers are 2.8GB-3.1GB from my personal testing) it should help.

hm.. i see so its a physical ram memory problem? and no it isnt an onboard video card, i have got nvidea and 4gm ram but i guess 3.8 right now since it weared down.. pity that my pc is too old for a ram upgrade(motherboard doesnt support more than 4 ramcards) still i wish these crash issues could be resolved ^^ oh and any tips on how to make gw2 crash less? since you mention that i have kinda too little physical ram? and how the eff is it possible that i end up with 847mb ram when i have about 3gb available o.o? is there any way i can manage ram to make it eat up less?

also i would luike to mention that this crash/freeze happened during a personalstory mission and its not the first time that it happened >_< its rather annoying..

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

Then you are running a 32bit version of windows?
GW2 takes up alot of ram. 1.2GB to launch the application and it will consume more as you enter populated areas. The fact you have 4GB is a bit crippling IMHO.

If your system cant take more then 4GB, then I suggest looking at upgrading before to long.

But thats a different topic, The issue you had was an Out of Memory crash (OOM at the start of the report). You can try and shut down other applications before starting GW2, that should help some. But other then that, your looking at hardware replacement.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

Posted by: Zippi.6703

Zippi.6703

Same issue here, but 16GB of RAM.

Attachments:

Posted by: Skipper De Longmont.8734

Skipper De Longmont.8734

Game crashes after I select a character to play. Up to that point no issues. 10 seconds after selecting any of my characters, the game crashes and it wants to send a report to Anet, which I do.

When I logged off last night, all was working and fine.