guild wars 1 account retrevial

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: kantaruti.2536

kantaruti.2536

hello there.
for past 2 days im trying to retrive my guild wars 1 account. when i log in to guildwars 2 site it shows me i have to games activated, which are guildwars 2 and guildwars 1.
i have good memories on guildwars 1 and wanted to play it again, there fore i tryed to login and received a message that account has been banned code=045.
i was trying to find topic to help me explain what is code 045 and why is my account banned but couldnt find solution so i wrote to support and explain the situation. GM osat requested me for email addres and serial keys and charachter names and secret question answer. i provided him all the informations, can’t be 100% sure in secure question answer and password as i changed it many times since last 10 years, but i provided him with correct serial key which i typed from the cd boxes i still have. after explaing GM that i bought original game in high school from class mate, and after instaling it i changed his email to my email and password he requested the name from this school mate. i told him his name my name my email, possible passwords, posbile secret answers and 1 hero name that i played in paticular in pve, and he replyed me he cant help me. when i ask why i dont get any answers. only that he cant help me but thanks me for replying him. im getting felling in talking to bot here.
so i came here for support if someone know who should i contact to help me with recovering guildwars 1 account that is obvioulsy from my guildwars2 merge mine and i need i can send them serial key for expanison and original game if needed.
i dont understand why so misterious about why i cant have my account back.
hope you the community can help me.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, it’s against the ToS to acquire someone else’s account, so there’s that.

You can post your ticket number in the Sticky for review.

Good luck.

kantaruti.2536

how do i do that, post my ticket number to sticky.

also dont understand what you mean its againts the tos to acquire someone elses account. i clearly said it’s mine account. i find milions of topics how people get their account back on only email data given, i provide actual serial keys from game and all the info and cant get it. where is the justice.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

hello there.
for past 2 days im trying to retrive my guild wars 1 account. when i log in to guildwars 2 site it shows me i have to games activated, which are guildwars 2 and guildwars 1.
i have good memories on guildwars 1 and wanted to play it again, there fore i tryed to login and received a message that account has been banned code=045.
i was trying to find topic to help me explain what is code 045 and why is my account banned but couldnt find solution so i wrote to support and explain the situation. GM osat requested me for email addres and serial keys and charachter names and secret question answer. i provided him all the informations, can’t be 100% sure in secure question answer and password as i changed it many times since last 10 years, but i provided him with correct serial key which i typed from the cd boxes i still have. after explaing GM that i bought original game in high school from class mate, and after instaling it i changed his email to my email and password he requested the name from this school mate. i told him his name my name my email, possible passwords, posbile secret answers and 1 hero name that i played in paticular in pve, and he replyed me he cant help me. when i ask why i dont get any answers. only that he cant help me but thanks me for replying him. im getting felling in talking to bot here.
so i came here for support if someone know who should i contact to help me with recovering guildwars 1 account that is obvioulsy from my guildwars2 merge mine and i need i can send them serial key for expanison and original game if needed.
i dont understand why so misterious about why i cant have my account back.
hope you the community can help me.

You stated you bought the game from a schoolmate.

GUILD WARS USER AGREEMENT

2. LIMITED LICENSE

f. You acknowledge you will not directly or indirectly:

(iv) sell, sub-license, rent, lease, grant a security interest in, borrow, lend, loan, network or engage in any activity that could in any way transfer or provide others access to any Service, Content, Game, or parts thereof, including but not limited to any serial code number, access key or the like.

9. ACCOUNT ACCESS

(b) Each Account may only be used by one person.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-user-agreement/

I see you have found the Sticky.

Good luck.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

The problem with using someone else’s account is that the original owner holds the power regardless of what you do, especially if they purchased it direct, because it’d be their payment on file. When multiple people can prove ownership, the account is simply banned. Since sharing is against the rules, admitting to it only means that support will ignore you.

kantaruti.2536

the guy sold if after few days of playing it as he didnt like it. and in last 15 years didnt want to claim it and doesnt mind if i want to play it because after we trade it legaly changed email to my own. and now im punished for being honest? wow. thats like saying that if 3rd. owner of a car makes accident its the original owners and buyers fault. wtf???

kantaruti.2536

and how come they show game active on my guildwars2 site. if it is active how come i cant use it? wtf then they should change it to not active and tell me to buy new game key. it would be awesome if they could transfer the charachter i got there. and they should reinstate the expansions i bought personaly and add them to account. and how come they ban it if its my email its used in account and mine informations. really dont get it.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Whether breaking the Terms of Service, or something else is the reason for the account termination, only the CS Team can provide more information and/or assistance.

Your only recourse is to update your ticket, or wait for further responses.

It is always prudent to read any legal documentation carefully before agreeing to abide by it.

Good luck.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

kantaruti.2536

and beside everything else were talking about a 10 years + old game thats not active any more how can i do any harm to anyone with retriving my own account back.

kantaruti.2536

Whether breaking the Terms of Service, or something else is the reason for the account termination, only the CS Team can provide more information and/or assistance.

Your only recourse is to update your ticket, or wait for further responses.

It is always prudent to read any legal documentation carefully before agreeing to abide by it.

Good luck.

i understand that.

but back then were at least in our country online payments were dreams, we had to buy hard copies. and buying a game from a friend who didnt like a game at age of 15 i dont see anything wrong with that. we did bot a favour to each other. and i understand that someone doesnt want to retrive acount at a new game like battlefield which is very desired at the moment, but to deny an account retrive for a game 15 years old and that only lives from fans, and doesnt have operational internet site. that harsh.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

None of us know why the account was terminated. Sharing is one possibility. Again, you will need to speak to the CS Team for assistance.

Good luck.

Posted by: rojak.1894

rojak.1894

i understand that.

but back then were at least in our country online payments were dreams, we had to buy hard copies. and buying a game from a friend who didnt like a game at age of 15 i dont see anything wrong with that. we did bot a favour to each other. and i understand that someone doesnt want to retrive acount at a new game like battlefield which is very desired at the moment, but to deny an account retrive for a game 15 years old and that only lives from fans, and doesnt have operational internet site. that harsh.

you should’ve said you bought a boxed copy of the game yourself, you don’t need the proof of receipt from the shop you bought from. just show them pictures of the boxed copy/CDs with the serial code. didnt need to mention your friend. send a new ticket.

also why as your Gw1 account banned in the first place?

kantaruti.2536

i understand that.

you should’ve said you bought a boxed copy of the game yourself, you don’t need the proof of receipt from the shop you bought from. just show them pictures of the boxed copy/CDs with the serial code. didnt need to mention your friend. send a new ticket.

also why as your Gw1 account banned in the first place?

thats the problem that i dont know why my gw1 account has been banned.
when i try to log in i get message that account has been ban to the code =045 which i dont know what it stands for. i asked support team if they can unban my account and tell me why it is banned and they refuse to either help me or tell me why its banned. and there fore im frustrated because i feel like im beeing fooled by guildwars support service. just dont understand how they cant have any compasion that i want to play 10+ years old game that has 4k player pool. if i understand them corectly the problem is i bought a game as a 15 years old from second hand. aparently thats the problem. i asked if i can use my expansion keys and only buy guildwars 1 serial key and they dont say anything. i would buy new account if they would transfer my charachter at least, which i like because of my pve achivements earned. but they dont say anything. only that they cant help me. that kind of a kitten me off as i have guildwars 1 activated in my guildwars 2 internet site. as i said i offered to pay to get my account unblocked, and they refuse to do it. it seems to me they want me to buy a complete whole new game and expansions for a game that is almost dead and as i said has 4k player base stationed in america. so because of time difference i wouldnt even be able to play with them. but yea i find it stupid that they support me for buying a complete new game but refuse to help me retrive my account. because im not original owner that bought the game and created original account. i had to change email address and password after i bought game from schoolmate. everyone is telling me why i told support guys i did that, well i guess i wanted to be completly honnest.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

045 simply means the account was banned. When dealing with these issues, make your point simple:

“When I try to login to my GW1 account (x@x.com), it’s saying it’s banned with code 045. I haven’t played it in years, so I’m guessing my account was hacked. Can you please fix it?”

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

i would buy new account if they would transfer my charachter at least, which i like because of my pve achivements earned.

The error codes are listed here. https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Error_code
Usually there is some additional on screen text that gives the reason, but as others have said “045” simply means the account was banned.

As far transferring characters, that is not possible, and once you add an expansion key to an account, that becomes part of that account as well. Since you have already added your ticket to the 3 days and older thread for review, all you can really do is wait for an answer from support but to be honest, I would not get your hopes too high.

kantaruti.2536

i would buy new account if they would transfer my charachter at least, which i like because of my pve achivements earned.

The error codes are listed here. https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Error_code
Usually there is some additional on screen text that gives the reason, but as others have said “045” simply means the account was banned.

As far transferring characters, that is not possible, and once you add an expansion key to an account, that becomes part of that account as well. Since you have already added your ticket to the 3 days and older thread for review, all you can really do is wait for an answer from support but to be honest, I would not get your hopes too high.

tnx for support, i am waiting for answer and hopeing it will be a good one. what else can i do. i just thinks its unfair to costumers and consumers not to get support if it is offered to them. they treat me like im some kind of criminal or “hacker” that doesnt deserve to get any support.

kantaruti.2536

posted my ticket in sticky and its older than 3 days and no reply? how long does it usualy take to hear from sticky ticket to hear from?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Could be right away…could be some time. It depends on when the Team Lead sees it.

Good luck.

kantaruti.2536

still here waiting for reply.

kantaruti.2536

still waiting for official reply.

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

At this point I’d certainly consider submitting another ticket because … that’s oddly long.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Submitting another ticket at this time will only slow the process. You can, however, update your current one, if you have had no response.

Good luck.