how do I unlock the living word season 3

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Thunder Maw.6801

Thunder Maw.6801

I am having a issues with the living world season 3, it says it is locked and need 200 gems per episode. How ever my friend has it all unlocked and didn’t pay a single gem. I want to know if there is something I need to do to unlock the rest of LWS3 or if this is some bug that has locked it up on me cause I feel like I am getting ripped off for the money I have put into this game.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

The living world episodes were free for anyone that logged in at least once during each episode. If you didn’t have an account during those episodes or didn’t log in you will have to buy them from the gem store.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Living_World#Unlocking_Living_World_episodes

Episodes can be unlocked for free simply by logging in to any character during the episode’s original release window. This lasts until the next episode is released; for Season 3 (current season), episodes are on a cadence to be released two to three months apart. After the release window, players can unlock the episode for 200 Gems. The journal will indicate this with a “lock” icon and a “Buy Now” button.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: jokke.6239

jokke.6239

Oh please .. They give you the story free if you log in while it’s new. I just came back recently, and payed 10 euros to unlock it. It’s well worth the price, and you can even get it for gold if you don’t feel like paying real money.
You’re most certainly not getting ripped off.

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

JustTrogdor is correct in his post fully . even if you had account at the time of living storys and did not log into play living storys or might have even maybe played one part only of living story

but did not play the other parts of the living story at that time. and they get locked . you must buy gems from the trading post . in order to play the living storys that are locked

on the bright side of things lets say you played two living story episodes but not the rest of them . then you do not pay any thing for them living story episodes . you only pay for the ones that are locked .and it sounds like your friend played all living storys so that is why they are not locked for him .

also too not being ripped off at all . as I and others on our accounts or our other accounts that these things are still locked and we still got to buy gems if we did not play the story at the time it happened .

no new system upgrades coming

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

^ Just to clarify since you keep referencing playing the episodes, players did not actually have to play any part of the living story episodes to have them unlocked for free. All they had to do was log in on a character during the release window for each episode. I have a couple of episodes I never played at all but are unlocked because I logged in during the window.

The Burninator